Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Marshall

13»

Comments

• Options
    Lets be honest, Marshall will go Leicester if anywhere!
  • Options
    Marshall is a left winger. Wendies played him on the right sometimes just like adam johnson and downing sometimes do for their clubs. Wouldn't say it was the end of waggy anymore than Ephraim coming in was.

Would be between who can sell their dream more I think. He obviously wants first team football, I doubt leicester can garuntee that, but the way Jacko is playing on the left I dont think we can either.
  • Options
    I think he is capable on either wing to be honest.
  • Options
    Don't need him but he would be good if we go up.

Or we could just buy him to piss off the Sheff Wed.
  • Options
    Niether do I and waggy certainly can't strike a dead ball like Danny and he's also got a great touch and his dribbling is effective . I'm not saying waggys bad but I just think green shows abit more class.
    I believe Waggy is one of the quickest players at the club. Green has touch, excellent crossing but barely average pace for a winger.
  • Options
    Does anyone actually think we need him ? Would seem to create more midfield problems than it solves. Something tells me that if this guy wasn't Wednesday's best player (or is that Semedo) then we wouldn't want him as much. Lets not become spoilt now !
  • Options
    I've been following Ben Marshall's progress since he I saw him playing as a loanee at Northampton Town. He looked like Stoke City's latest version of Sir Stan that day. In a way his dilemma at Stoke is the same as so many young hopefuls at Charlton during the Premier Years. Jemail Campbell-Ryce was another talented winger who ultimately had to ply his trade away from his premiership owners.

If, and it's a big if, Charlton were to sign him, the hefty price-tag and the guarantee of quality would have a Clive Mendonca-esque feel to it. Life was never quite the same at the Valley after that astute piece of business.
  • Options
    If marshall does come in it will be bye bye Waggy.
    I would take that all day long
    Bit harsh on the lad though. I cant comment on Marshall as i've hardly seen him play.
    I think the jury is still out on Green and remain to be convinced that he offers more than Waggy. I think that choice will be even harder to make in the CCC where pace will count more.
    Agree, I think Green may do Ok in the Champ and step up, but Waggy is a L1 player,IMHO and hopefully L1 will be in the past come April!!
  • Options
    You're just afraid Waggy will take your place, Greenie!
  • Options
    Did Marshall play for the Windies v us recently?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solly had him in his back pocket for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    Solly had him in his back pocket for 90 minutes.
    But this because he is f***ing quality not because Marshall is no good
  • Options
    Funny that as he only played 74 minutes when they went three up front. He didn't get the ball enough to run at Solly as all they kept doing was lumping it towards O'Grady and Madine. Not taking anything away from Solly or the teams performance, just stating how the game went.

Marshall would be a fantastic signing if we managed to do so, but it's a huge if.
  • Options
    Messi would have trouble against solly, so I wouldn't judge marshall on a game against us.
  • Options
    It ain't gonna happen...move on
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It ain't gonna happen...move on
    Listen to the man !!
    He's right !
  • Options
    I still dont think its going to happen but then i also didnt think we would sign BWP,Green or Wiggins when we had competition for them, so who knows with are current owners and manager.
  • Options
    It really won't happen, its papertalk. Chris Powell has suggested today that there won't be anyone coming in this window, just one or two maybe going out.
  • Options
    It really won't happen, its papertalk. Chris Powell has suggested today that there won't be anyone coming in this window, just one or two maybe going out.
    unless some one of quality comes available...
  • Options
    Off to Leicester. Confirmed to have agreed a fee for the lad.