Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Murray Wallace

League One Charlton are reported to be the fourth club to have had a bid accepted by Falkirk for 19-year-old central defender Murray Wallace. The Blues and Huddersfield joined Brighton in having offers of £300,000 plus add-ons accepted earlier today.

Left-sided Wallace was in Sussex today for talks with the Seagulls but Town, the Terriers and the Addicks won’t be given the chance to speak to the former Rangers trainee until after the Bairns face Celtic in a Scottish Communities League Cup semi-final at Hampden Park on Sunday.

All four clubs have agreed to terms stipulated by Falkirk, which include Wallace being loaned back to the Scottish League Division One side until the end of the season.

Swansea, Norwich and Newcastle are also understood to have watched Wallace in action in recent weeks and would also be given permission to talk to the centre-half – after Sunday’s game – if they make the same offer as the other four clubs.

Anyone else heard this rumour? http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=20053

Comments

• not sure why we would need another central defender.
    I can only think it's another one for the future Beds especially if the Doc is on his way out and it wouldn't look good for Mambo either.
  • Well with Doc most probably leaving in the summer, we would need an extra CB in case one of Taylor/Morro get injured and that would only leave Cort as being the cover.
  • We must have had a few Scottish C/H over the years.

Sweaty Balmer and Christian Dailly are the first two I can think of.

• 19 years old?

One for the development squad, surely.

John Keirs in the late 60's, early 70,s.
  • What about that nightmare bloke Shields ?
  • I take it you're joking Phil ??? Dean Shields was a pretty decent right back IMO - only played a handful of games & scored a pretty good goal to boot !! Never let the club down and fell out with Curbs for some reason - and if you got on the wrong side of him, then you know your not long for the club !!
  • Greg Sheilds ?
  • Dean Shields? Greg Shields wasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2012
    Joe McLaughlin is another Scottish CB.

This would be one for next year as they want him loaned back . As a left footer he would offer something different.

• I take it you're joking Phil ??? Dean Shields was a pretty decent right back IMO - only played a handful of games & scored a pretty good goal to boot !! Never let the club down and fell out with Curbs for some reason - and if you got on the wrong side of him, then you know your not long for the club !!

Greg shields I thought showed real promise never really considerd as a night mare in my opinion
  • Agree NLA. Could never understand why Curbs just dropped him like a hot potato.
  • This guy was a quality left back...reminds me a bit of Wiggy
  • edited January 2012
    Centre Halves not Full Backs.

I don't know....... kids of today.
  • This guy was a quality left back...reminds me a bit of Wiggy
    Wiggy has got a long way to go yet.
  • Murray Wallace has to be the most Scottish name I've ever heard
  • Greg Shields was very decent but I think he and Curbs fell out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greg Shields was very decent but I think he and Curbs fell out.
    It was about comments attributed to Shields in an article in a local paper.Curbs never picked him again.

• "Murray was briefly on Rangers books as a kid but the big central-defender has developed his game at the Falkirk Academy. Strong in the tackle and good in the air, Murray is an athlete who looks certain to push for a regular starting slot in the Bairns defence this season"

Says big but not how big. Does he pass the CL height test?
  • It's on Sky about Ipswich ,I guess we are one of the two or three clubs alongside Brighton.

Ipswich Town manager Paul Jewell is hoping to win the chase to sign Murray Wallace after agreeing a fee for the Falkirk defender.

Wallace is reportedly a target for a number of clubs, with Jewell claiming Championship rivals Brighton & Hove Albion are among the teams interested in the 19-year-old.

Town are eager to bring Wallace to Portman Road and are set to hold talks with the youngster following Falkirk's Scottish League Cup semi-final against Celtic on Sunday.

"We have had a bid accepted by Falkirk for the lad," Jewell told the club's official website.

"I spoke to Stephen Pressley [Falkirk boss] yesterday and he's a lad that we have been watching for a while.

"We face a lot of competition for him. I know Brighton are keen and there are two or three other clubs as well.

"He's got a big game for Falkirk against Celtic on Sunday and then he will be coming down to see us.

Why would we NOT need another centre half? We only have three useable ones, that's not enough for a squad by any means. You need at least four central defenders to have a complete squad. We've been ridiculously lucky with injuries so far this season but it's only a knock to Morro and Taylor before we're lining up with Doc in the first team and no-one on the bench

How about Long John Hewie who played in every position for Charlton. Although he was South African he played for Scotland because his grandmother or some such was a jock.
  • Too short for a Scotsman..
  • Cawley on twitter has just tweeter that we have agreed a fee of 300k with Falkirk.
  • Cawley on twitter has just tweeter that we have agreed a fee of 300k with Falkirk.
    Likewise Brighton who spoke to the lad on thursday and Ipswich who will speak to him tonight.

Sky channel 971 on now. Falkirk's no 5
  • Think he will end up at Ipswich.
  • I'd guess his choice will depend on whether he plays or sits on the bench. Even though I think Taylor might not have the mobility to start in CCC, it would be a tough call to play a 19yo in front of him.