Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite TV Commentators or Co-Commentators

2»

Comments

• Options
    Another for Barry Davies, he came out with some brilliant lines. I don't mind Tyler think he does an ok job. Alan Smith, he has a very annoying voice but it does make some good points so I can forgive him for that
  • Options
    I loved Freddie Truman on Indoor League.
    "i ll see thee!"
  • Options
    Gary Neville took a thoroughly surprising and unwelcome place in my list of favourite commentators with his comment on David Luiz which was something along the lines of "He looks like he's being controlled by a 10-year old with a games console".
    yes that was the best comment ...but so true -
  • Options
    Tyldesley seems to have stopped using the word 'ironic'. Someone, not Alanis Morissette, must have explained the meaning to him.
    Last night he said that Ibrahimovich was ironically flagged for offside, so he still hasn't quite got it.
  • Options
    Barry Davies - football,tennis,hockey it doesn't matter, he can do it, and do it well.

Cannot stand Tyldesley 'Beckham territory?' for any freekick in opposition half.
  • Options
    Chiles, a tedious thumb in a suit.
    It's painful to admit but Neville is proving to be very decent co-commentator.
  • Options
    Clive Tyldesley is the worst ever, even surpassing Hugh Johns. Andy Townsend is fast becoming the new Ian St John - states the bleeding obvious.

Prefer the old school - Kenneth Wolstenholme, David Coleman, Barry Davies.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Barry Davies - football,tennis,hockey it doesn't matter, he can do it, and do it well.
    Don't forget Staring.

http://youtu.be/E4ovvsUG-KY
  • Options
    James Richardson as a host/presenter. Legend of a man.

Peter Brackley as commentator. Ah brings back memories of football italia on channel 4 on sunday afternoons
  • Options
    Haha James Richardson always sat in a coffee shop on a piazza with the Gazzetto Italia Sport paper or whatever it was called.

Warren Barton is used a lot as a studio guest here in the states and he always seems to talk sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alan Partridge.

Brian Clough as a pundit, always half cut.
  • Options
    for anyone else whose a big fan of James Richardson he currently works for the guardian. on a tuesday and a friday he does a podcast (very funny). link here...........

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/audio/2012/feb/16/football-weekly-podcast-arsenal-milan-rangers

and for any european football lovers, he also does a paper review (with cake) of the european leagues. again link

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2012/feb/03/james-richardson-european-football-papers-review-video

woof
  • Options
    Tiziano Crudeli, this Italian dude who goes mental. It's worth looking for a clip of him commentating during Arsenal's loss to Milan. He rather enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Brian Moore - Roast beef, Yorkshire Pud, etc, The Big Match and Brian's dulcet tones, Sundays will never be better than this.

David Coleman - 'Toshack, Keegan, ONE NIL', it was so final, it was almost like he was saying 'Toshack, Keegan, Phuck You'

The rest are just second best.

• Options
    Barry Davies is a legend

The fact that John Helm was covering the playoff match for Yorkshire TV, and that the whole coverage was basically aimed at Leeds fans made it all the more satisfying!
  • Options
    ANDY GRAY
  • Options
    Eric Halsall