Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton 1-1 Bury

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Hamer 6 Didn't have anything to do, tip across goal from a corner was controlled IMO so don't think he flapped - not sure about the goal though- will need to see it again.
    Solly 7 Thought the full backs were the pick
    Morrison 6 Not his best in terms of distribution
    Taylor 6.5 I know he isn't a striker but should have scored with that free header so lost half a point - otherwise decent.
    Wiggins 7.5 Was our biggest threat and tried to make things happen through his pace and direct play. Tjhought he used his pace well ldefensively too.
    Green 5 Started well but looked tired second half and his delivery which is his strong point seemed to sesert him.
    Hollands 5.5 A bit subdued for me.
    Stephens 6.5 Needed that game and showed signs of the player he is as well as some rustiness - gerat effort wide then repeated with more accuracy for the goal.
    Jackson 5.5 I'd have subbed him for Haynes at start of second half - wasn't his game yesterday.
    Kermorgant 6 Good and poor in equal measure, plays better with BWP - looked sharper towrads the end.
    Clarke 5.5 Tidy and unlucky keeper pulled of an excellent save in the first half. Wasn't a great threat though and team looked much more likely when he was replaced by Haynes.

When you look at those scores - we can just be happy we got something from the game and move on to Staurday were hopefully we will play with a bit more offensive purpose. Was a bit flat yesterday apart from final 20 minutes.
  • Options
    Hamer 5.5 should have done better for the goal
    Solly 7 - solid
    Morrison 6 fell below his recent standards
    Taylor 7 solid
    Wiggins 8.5 MOM- Our best attacker, says it all - Quality player
    Green 5 - in and out performance, mostly out!
    Hollands 5.5 - poorest performance of season
    Stephens 7 - thought he was tiring and then - whack! what a strike!
    Jackson 5.5 - see Hollands
    Kermorgant 6 - tireless worker, fell below his recent standards
    Clarke 5 - had 2 chances, poor first touch,
  • Options
    Hamer - 6
    Solly - 7
    Morrison - 6
    Taylor - 7
    Wiggins - 8
    Green - 7.5 poor challenge for booking, but had a better game than people suggest
    Hollands - 6
    Stephens - 7.5 lovely equaliser, looked sharp and tackled well
    Jackson - 5
    Kermorgant - 6
    Clarke - 4 get the feeling he was a liablility. If haynes started could have got all 3 IMO
  • Options
    Hamer 4
    Solly 7
    Morrison 6
    Taylor 6
    Wiggins 8.5
    Green 6
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 7
    Clarke 5.5
  • Options
    Hamer 4
    Solly 8
    Morrison 7
    Taylor 7
    Wiggins 8
    Green 5
    Hollands 6.5
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 6.5
    Kermorgant 7
    Clarke 4

Haynes - good cameo, looks very promising
  • Options
    Hamer 4 One job to do and failed,lucky not to get booked, clearly the weak link. Wonder what reason the Hamer apologists will come up with for this match.
    Solly 7.5 Worked hard, did well, MOM until Holands goal clinched it.
    Morrison 7 solid, got foward well
    Taylor 6.5 Lost his man a few times
    Wiggins 6.5 Average perfomance some dodgy passes
    Green 5.5 Don't really get why he's being picked ahead of strong competition
    Hollands 6 Not really in the game
    Stephens 8 A good performance during a genrally bad day at the office superb goal sneaked the MOM for me
    Jackson 6.5 Not up to his usual, seem to keen to grab a goal for me
    Kermorgant 6.5 Missed BWP both strikers reluctant to take the shot
    Clarke 6.5 Good first appearance but not in the box enough
  • Options
    Hamer 5
    Solly 8
    Morrison 7
    Taylor 7
    Wiggins 9
    Green 4
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 7
    Kermorgant 7
    Clarke 3
  • Options
    Hamer - 5 Probably should have saved their goal.
    Solly - 8 Got forward a lot more than usual and was solid defensively.
    Morrison - 8 His control and calmness set the tone.
    Taylor - 7 Won some good tackles.
    Wiggins - 8.5 Very impressive coming forward and also great at tidying up at the back.
    Green - 5 One good ball across the face of goal but looked out of form. I worry that his lack of pace means he won't be able to make the step up. Maybe Haynes in for the next game?
    Hollands - 6 Not his best game but was still ok.
    Stephens - 7 What a goal! Straight out the Premiership that one. Not a bad shift for someone who hasn't played much in months.
    Jackson - 6 Started really well and then faded. He's got to be knackered and must be due a rest.
    Kermorgant - 6.5 Lots of decent link up play but doesn't look a goal threat.
    Clarke - 6.5 I was quite impressed. His runs were really well timed and he was always on the last man. Looks like he can turn a defender and I think he'll do ok for us.
    Haynes - 7 Can't remember ever seeing a faster Charlton player(?) Exciting to watch.
  • Options
    Hamer 6 - Could perhaps have done better for their goal?.
    Solly 8 - Along with Wiggins our best attacking option. Quality defending.
    Morrison 8 - Solid as ever at the back, looked dangerous going forward
    Taylor 7 - Again solid, rarely troubled.
    Wiggins 9 - Never turned or beaten. Also, our best attacking threat down the flank. A more effective winger than either of our 2 actual wingers! A threat dibbling into their box on several occassions.
    Green 5 - Very average performance. Too many Misplaced passes, and not much attacking threat.
    Hollands 6 - Solid and dependable,
    Stephens 7 - decent performance after a long lay off. Wonder goal, already must be goal of the season
    Jackson 6 - Looked slightly out of sorts, not much attacking threat, perhaps needs a rest?
    Kermorgant 6 - OK, perhaps not up to his usual high standard.
    Clarke 5 - Looked OK in his first full game. If he'd taken his first chance in the first half we'd probably have seen a different performance. First touch not great. Prefer bwp and Kermorgant as a partnership.
    --
    Haynes 7 - Pace worried Bury defence, looks decent, should do well for us on Div 1. Would perhaps have
    been a better option than Clarke on the night.

Overall a rather 'flat' performance. Although BBC says we had 65% of possession Bury must feel pretty hard done by not taking all 3 points. We should be very happy taking a point from a game given such an average overall performance.
  • Options

Haynes - 7 Can't remember ever seeing a faster Charlton player(?) Exciting to watch.
    Rommedahl surely
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer 6
    Solly 8
    Morrison 6.5
    Taylor 6.5
    Wiggins 8 MOM
    Green 6
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 6.5
    Clarke 6

• Options
    Hamer 6
    Solly 7.5
    Wiggins 8
    Taylor 6
    Morrison 6.5
    Green 6
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 7
    Jackson 6
    Clarke 5.5
    Kermogrant 6.5

Haynes 7
    Pritchard 6
  • Options
    I think Haynes is slightly faster than Rommedahl. Definitely a weapon we need to start deploying!
  • Options
    McLeod?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hamer 5 Should have saved the shot
    Solly 6 Very good at times, but thought he had a 15 min spell in the 1st half where he looked slow & lost his marker, including the goal.
    Morrison 6.5 Good 1st half, not so good 2nd.
    Taylor 7
    Wiggins 8 Excellent. Our best forward. MOM by a mile
    Green 5 very poor,little he did worked on the night, apart from one good shot.
    Hollands 5.5 Looked tired & one of his worst games. Although he has set an incredibly high standard.
    Stephens 7 Lots of long passes that weren't necessarily effective, but good 1st full game back & superb goal.
    Jackson 6 Decent but went missing 2nd half
    Kermorgant 7 A lot of effort, played well, but his flicks don't find a Charlton player often enough.
    Clarke 6 Decent full debut.

PS IT AMAZES ME THAT SOME PEOPLE THOUGHT WIGGINS WAS AVERAGE. HE WAS MOM BY A COUNTRY MILE. IF YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE MARKS, PLEASE WATCH THE GAME. :-)
  • Options
    Hamer -5
    Solly - 7
    Morrison -6
    Taylor -6
    Wiggins -8
    Green -5
    Hollands -6
    Stephens -7
    Jackson -6
    Kermorgant -5
    Clarke -5

• Options
    Hamer - 5
    Solly - 7
    Morrison - 6.5
    Taylor - 6.5
    Wiggins - 7
    Green - 4
    Hollands - 5.5
    Stephens - 6
    Jackson - 5
    Kermorgant - 4.5
    Clarke - 4
  • Options
    Hamer - 5.5 - Made a mess of the goal and V Poor Kicking!
    Solly - 7.5 - Solid as ever. The rare ocassion he got beat, He won the ball back. V Unlucky with the volley aswell.
    Morrison - 6.5 - OK in defence. Should of had an assist if it wasn't for Taylor's miss. Also he had the shot which led to goal.
    Taylor - 6 - Missed a sitter but didnt really have much to do defence wise.
    Wiggins - 8 - Our main attacking threat for most of the match. Walked through their right mid and defender at will. Very skillfull!
    Green - 5 - Terrible. Looked like he was going to go sent off at times. Good shot though.
    Hollands - 6 - Gave the ball away loads. Worst game yet from him.
    Stephens - 7- Calming presence. Tried some world class passes which never come off but they won't all work!
    Jackson - 6- Worst game for ages. Non Existent.
    Kermorgant- 6.5- Was trying the flick ons etc but nothing workedofr him.
    Clarke - 4.5- Can't pass, Bad first touch. Didn't know what to do half the time. Terrible.

Haynes - 7.5 - Changed the game completely.

Overally it seemed that it was just one of them nights where we were just destined to lose...Nothing going in our favour etc until one bit of quality.

• Options
    Hamer - 4.5
    Solly - 7.5
    Morrison - 6
    Taylor - 6.5
    Wiggins - 8
    Green - 5.5
    Hollands - 6
    Stephens - 7
    Jackson - 5.5
    Kermorgant - 5
    Clarke - 4
  • Options

Rommedahl surely
    Mike Kenning back in the 60's could shift and more recently so could Shaun Newton when he first came onto the scene.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hamer - 5.5 - should have saved their goal. defenders look like they're losing confidence in him
    Solly - 7 - solid
    Morrison 7 - solid - great cut back for Taylor from corner
    Taylor - 6 - should have scored
    Wiggins - 7.5 - different class - MOM
    Green - 5.5 - poor. stupid booking. decent shot only highlight
    Hollands - 6 - looked tired
    Stephens - 7 - what a goal. some nice passes
    Jackson - 6.5 - good run and through ball for Clarke in first half.
    Kermorgant - 5.5 - looked tired. could do with a rest
    Clarke - 5 - doesn't jump. isn't fast. would prefer to see more of Haynes

Haynes n/a - made the difference
    Pritchard n/a
  • Options
    Seems like Hamer and Clarke are the current scapegoats...

Hamer 6.5
    Solly 6.5
    Morrison 7.5
    Taylor 7
    Wiggins 8.5 - Only one trying to create anything for most of the game
    Green 5
    Hollands 7 - controlled the midfield in the first half but would have like to see him let Stephens get forward when they are playing together.
    Stephens 7 - purely for the goal. Other than that he sat far too deep until the 80th minute
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 6
    Clarke 6- give him a chance, he's not match fit and is no fool.
  • Options
    I gave MY opinion. This is a thread were people give their own opinions. Don't start slating my opinion. I disagree with a lot of the marks certain players are getting. For example, I don't see how Morrison can get marked higher than Taylor, but it's happening. So you say your opinion on the match and I will say mine. People see games differently.
  • Options
    Seems like Hamer and Clarke are the current scapegoats...

Hamer 6.5
    Solly 6.5
    Morrison 7.5
    Taylor 7
    Wiggins 8.5 - Only one trying to create anything for most of the game
    Green 5
    Hollands 7 - controlled the midfield in the first half but would have like to see him let Stephens get forward when they are playing together.
    Stephens 7 - purely for the goal. Other than that he sat far too deep until the 80th minute
    Jackson 6
    Kermorgant 6
    Clarke 6- give him a chance, he's not match fit and is no fool.
    Not scapegoats at all. Simply people marking them on their performance yesterday, not what they have done or might do.

• Options
    Hamer-6
    Solly-7
    Morrison-7
    Taylor-6.5
    Wiggins-8
    Green-5.5
    Hollands-6
    Stephens-7.5
    Jackson-6.5
    Kermorgant-6
    Clarke-4.5
  • Options
    Hamer - 4.5 - looked like he could've saved there goal. Still flappy.

Solly - 8 - He's fecking quality. Made some quality tackle's and gave a 100%. MOTM

Taylor - 6.5 - Should've scored, other than that an average performance by his standards.

Morrison - 7 - was everywhere and looked like he'd be a decent striker.

Wiggins - 8 - Tore their defense to shreds in the 2nd half.

Green - 5 - was just not on his game.

Hollands - 6 - Game seemed to pass him by to much.

Stephens - 7 - Again purely for the goal. Looked good and it will be nice having him back. A bit off the pace yesterday but Without playing a full 90 mins for a while I can't blame him.

Jackson - 6 - Average.

Kermorgant - 6 - Average.

Clarke - 4 - Very poor. Apart from the one on one he may as well not have been on the pitch.

Haynes - 7.5 - Made the difference.
  • Options
    Hamer - 6 Can't blame him for the goal as it was a good strike.
    Solly - 8 Quality once again. Just when you think he might get done he manages to win it back.
    Morrison - 8 Solid. Great shot that led up to the goal, reckon he could be half decent up front!
    Taylor - 7 Got caught out by the pace of Lewis Smith for their goal but apart from that solid again.
    Wiggins - 8 Started off slow and gave the ball away but got better as the game wore on.
    Green - 6 Frustrating once again. Should have taken on their left back more.
    Hollands - 7 Strong in midfield but some of his passing went AWOL.
    Stephens - 8 Extra point for the goal. And what a goal.
    Jackson - 7 Not as effective as normal but still worked hard.
    Kermorgant - 7 Unlucky not to score in the first half and maybe could have got on the end of a few of those low crosses.
    Clarke - 6 Should have scored. Put in the effort but lacked a bit of quality.

Haynes - changed the game. Gave their defence a torrid time.
    Pritchard - got stuck in and did well when he came on.
  • Options
    Hamer 5 Thought he should have saved the goal so losses a point
    Solly 6 Kept plugging away
    Morrison 6 Not his best game
    Taylor 5.5 Losses half point for not scoring
    Wiggins 8 Our best player
    Green 6 Average
    Hollands 6 Off the pace ,maybe he needs a rest
    Stephens 7 Extra point for the goal , otherwise avaerage not match fit
    Jackson 7 Kept going ,covers well for other players in the middle
    Kermorgant 6 Not his best game
    Clarke 5 Clarke and Kermogant is not the right combination , I was surprised SCP didn't start Haynes

Haynes Changed the game in my opinion ,we looked more potent when he came on
    Pritchard Battled well in his cameo , maybe he should be back on Saturday now he has been rested
  • Options
    Hamer 6
    Solly 7.5
    Morrison 7
    Taylor 7
    Wiggins 7.5
    Green 6
    Hollands 6
    Stephens 7.5
    Jackson 7.5
    Kermorgant 7
    Clarke 5