Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tickets for the Cricket at Lords

Am planning my trip back to the UK in August & my visit coincides with the South Africa test at Lords.....how easy will it be to get tickets for this? Pretty difficult I would assume...but not sure what the demand is like these days.

Comments

• Options
    go on the ecb.co.uk website. i looked yesterday, Quite expensive though, £63
  • Options
    apply now and i'm pretty certain you'll get em
  • Options
    apply now and i'm pretty certain you'll get em
    cheers - just booking my flights; wife & kids have a few Olympic tickets - I'm missing all that malarkey and coming over for Charlton, cricket and proper boozers :)
  • Options
    Am planning my trip back to the UK in August & my visit coincides with the South Africa test at Lords.....how easy will it be to get tickets for this? Pretty difficult I would assume...but not sure what the demand is like these days.
    The big games at Lords ie Test Matches are now by ballot. You apply & the ballot was on the 31st January. So I believe you're too late, unless it wasn't fully subscribed. Glad you mentioned it, as I applied & had temporarily forgotten.
  • Options
    The big games at Lords ie Test Matches are now by ballot. You apply & the ballot was on the 31st January. So I believe you're too late, unless it wasn't fully subscribed. Glad you mentioned it, as I applied & had temporarily forgotten.
    Oh dear - no big deal I suppose, will have to get my fix at a County game instead....

• Options
    lords hasn't been sold out for a while , i reckon you'll get em so do apply (if you can !)
  • Options
    They'll be more made available nearer the time. They really do eff about these days. I've never not got a ticket for Lords, Ashes or anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    cheers chaps! i do miss my cricket over here, although i watch it on TV all the time, nothing beats being there.....

36 summers ago i went to my first test & i remember it like it was yesterday...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63167.html
  • Options
    not sure how long you're over, but we've got some tickets for the Oval up for grabs on the 21st and 23rd July as we're going on the 19th instead and then going to the Open at Lytham St Anne's instead.

we're in the ballot for lords too.
  • Options
    Oval test still has availability
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange as this may sound Oakster, you may actually find it easier to get tickets from a South African source.
  • Options
    Strange as this may sound Oakster, you may actually find it easier to get tickets from a South African source.
    true and you might pick some up from a ticket agent (not tout)over here if you are prepared to pay over the odds
  • Options
    Thanks again guys - Suzi, unfortunately I am only over for two weeks at the end of August - but thanks for the offer..

• Options
    I'm thinking about taking my old man to the Oval for the South Africa test match but I'm worried that only the rubbish seats are left. Does anyone know if it's possible to ahve a bad view there? Tickets are £70+ so won't bother if the seats are bad.
  • Options
    ive had restricted viewing at the oval ... it was to the left of the pavilion (if you were sat in there) and i couldnt see quite a bit of the field down there

wasn't ideal for a one dayer but for a test match the ball would be going there less
  • Options
    Thanks. That's what I was worried about and I know he'd be moaning he would have rathered watch it on tv if there's bits he couldn't see.
  • Options
    np, then i'd give it a pass
  • Options
    Yea I'll try and get in earlier next time or have a look on ebay closer the time.
  • Options
    It's worth registering at 12thman. You get advance warning of when tickets for each match are going on sale and in some cases a day or two to buy them before they go on general sale.
  • Options
    At Lords, if any are left after the ballot, they go on sale on 13 Feb
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2012
    only just booked my flights back today, so will be at the first two home games & Forest away before heading back across the Atlantic..

Where do i start looking for tickets for the Sunday (19th August) Test at Lords!!??

Will they be impossible to find?
  • Options
    am seeing a few online at various prices - any tips on where to sit these days, been so long since i was at Lords I forget.......
  • Options
    only just booked my flights back today, so will be at the first two home games & Forest away before heading back across the Atlantic..

Where do i start looking for tickets for the Sunday (19th August) Test at Lords!!??

Will they be impossible to find?
    This site (official) suggests they are sold out:

http://www.lords.org/tickets/information-availability/

I presume places like seatwave and one or two other on-line brokers have a stash though.
  • Options
    thanks BFR - the official channel has been sold out from day one of the release - are these seatwave type companies kosher?
  • Options
    Amigo - any stand is great at Lords. The Compton Upper or Grand Stand are good as you can see the big screen behind the Edrich. I'm fortunate enough to be a member so i'll watch the match from the Pavilion on Sunday and Monday ;-)
  • Options
    thanks BFR - the official channel has been sold out from day one of the release - are these seatwave type companies kosher?
    I've never used them but I have no reason to suspect that would fail the fit'n'proper test.

Seatwave appear to have a limited number left for Sunday:

http://www.seatwave.com/england-vs-south-africa-tickets/the-oval-tickets/22-july-2012/perf/513004

Getmein have a few more:

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/3rd-test-england-v-south-africa-day-4-tickets/london-221034.html

• Options
    Seatwave seem to have the better view seats (IMO) if I had to sit anywhere it would be either Edrich or Compton in the upper tier. You generally get a decent view from there being that you are behind the bowler's arm. The Mound upper has a good perspective as well.
  • Options
    last year I used a site called viagogo i think it was called, Was very good
  • Options
    Really excellent info chaps - doing a bit of digging & there seems to be a few different options.

Don't mind paying over the odds, as the chances to see Test cricket here in Canada are a bit limited.

Going to squeeze in a Kent CCC game or two as well, a race meeting & the 3 CAFC fixtures.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Anywhere Upper is best.Lower is cheaper brcause view isn't so good, whilst still decent. As BFR said, Edrich or Compton is behind the bowlers arm. Mound & Grandstand is on the side. Grandstand is often the most expensive.

I've never bought off the above, but reckon they are ok. They just charge OTT prices, but if you don't have an option....
    I hate touts, but having said that there are always some outside St Johns Wood & Lords, so you could just leave it, see what the weather / state of play is like & try to pick a couple up on the day. I'm confident you'l be able to, but of course you won't know the cost.