Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Is he an ex player or something?
  • Options
    ive never hated a player whilst playing for the club before until he came along.

rubbish footballer and always bottled out of challenges. i still have nightmares which include doherty, francis and mccormack
  • Options
    ive never hated a player whilst playing for the club before until he came along.

rubbish footballer and always bottled out of challenges. i still have nightmares which include doherty, francis and mccormack

With the mention of those 3 , I've got chills that are multiplying, as the song goes.
  • Options
    Is he an ex player or something?
    Better known as McOxo
  • Options
    Sadly the dealing that link doesn't include wine, which I'm led to believe is an integral part of an evening there.
  • Options
    Does he get in the Swindon side?
  • Options
    Played centre back against barnet in the jpt the other night and did well.
  • Options
    Does he get in the Swindon side?
    Regular every week, funny to see him and Benson starting week in week out
  • Options
    My wife took me up the OXO Tower for my 50th...........................I would rather we had gone out to be honest.

:-)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Dozed off during that Swindon v Barnet JPT game and didn't know whether I was coming round or having a nightmare when I saw McOxo and Benson playing in red.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's been playing well all season for Swindon. Charlton was too big a step up for McCormack, Francis and Benson. They're all doing well at smaller clubs now.
  • Options
    He's been playing well all season for Swindon. Charlton was too big a step up for McCormack, Francis and Benson. They're all doing well at smaller clubs now.
    Wouldn't disagree with that everybody has moved on for the better it would seem.
  • Options
    Bit harsh on Benson. A goal every three games in his first season in L1 for a dreadful Charlton side is a record to be proud of. I wish we still had him to be honest as I thought there was even more to come from him. I think McCormack was definitely put right off what little of his game there was by the step up and the expectation though
  • Options
    Played centre back against barnet in the jpt the other night and did well.
    I caught a bit of that game and thought he seemed to be playing centre back.

Presumably because of his towering presence and strength in the air?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    His non performance at Charlton was down to a lot of boo boy 'fans' getting on his case from early doors and McCormack saying a metaphorical 'fuck it' and simply not trying his hardest. He is a decent lower league player, not a Bailey or a Semedo. I am surprised how well di Canio is doing as a manager, must be the CAFC finishing school at work
  • Options
    Doing very well for Swindon, amazing what a bit of confidence does for a player.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Doing very well for Swindon, amazing what a bit of confidence does for a player.
    Confidence is a major part of every players game.

And when they lose it, whether because of playing in a struggling side or the Boo Boys on their back, they become a shadow of the player they really are.

Shame more fans don't understand that.
  • Options
    Not surprised he's doing well for Swindon. Some wrote him off as a non-league player, but he did well for Southend at this level. His worst games for us he clearly played with no confidence.
  • Options
    I didn't see McCormack play too many times for Charlton, but when I did I didn't think he was anything like as bad as people on here paint him out to be. Perhaps I was just lucky, but I'm not surprised to hear he's doing ok at Swindon.
  • Options
    My brother in law is a Swindon season ticket holder, reckons McCormack has been outstanding at the back (but was rubbish in midfield). Apparently PDC expects every player to be able to play in a number of positions and regulalrly moves them around. Also subs players early in the game and drops them if he does not think they are trying (even the best players)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    What I hated about McOxo was his constant attempts to con the ref when fouled which for me means you weren't that good. Probably a decent player in league 2.
  • Options
    Wish we still had Bailey
  • Options
    Swindon fan at work has been saying he has been absolutley brilliant playing at centre back for them.
  • Options
    sounds like he's found his level and position too.
  • Options
    I work in swindon and the blokes there really rate Mcoxo , he's playing centre back and doing ok apparently. I think the bloke is a con man
  • Options
    Funny how the Wendies all slate Morrison, but we think he's pretty good.

Funny that.
  • Options
    What I hated about McOxo was his constant attempts to con the ref when fouled which for me means you weren't that good. Probably a decent player in league 2.
    Presumably you hated bailey as well then.

• Options
    ........And most Premier League players!
  • Options
    Bit harsh on Benson. A goal every three games in his first season in L1 for a dreadful Charlton side is a record to be proud of. I wish we still had him to be honest as I thought there was even more to come from him.
    I've yet to be convinced that Swindon didn't get the better deal regarding the Benson/Clarke swap...............
  • Options
    this serves as a reminder of the desire for scapegoatism