Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ever Been Drunk?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Apparently in particularly bad cases, they give Ketamine to car crash victims.

That'd be pretty crap, waking up from a K-hole with no legs.
    I think that is because most other anaesthetics it doesn't affect your respiration. In a car crash etc medics won't be able to support ventilation.

Funny the things you remember from hearing your wife shouting "that's wrong, that would kill them, what they should have done is......" at 99% of TV medical dramas : - )

Absolutely. Morphine can depress the nervous system, leading to slowing the patients breathing and heart rate to dangerous levels. Ketamine doesn't have these side effects. However, it's currently a doctor only drug, although this is hopefully changing soon so paramedics will also be able to administer it. Role on patients calling us purely to demand ketamine rather than morphine!

It's use is wider than just car crashes too - any pain where morphine is not appropriate or not adequate. I've seen it used on an open fracture of someones lower leg, to enable us to straight the leg and splint it. Worked really well.

• Options
    You've never been drunk then?
    Yes but when i get drunk its a gradual thing . ( The more i drink the drunker i get ) and i know how many beers are going to get me drunk and i know when to stop . Taking a chemical drug is surely pretty much an instantaneous thing and you can never be sure what your taking or how your body is going to react.
    Maybe i'm wrong ?.
    drugs are all about the person who is taking them. If you are half sensible then you to do them in moderation, dont go mad and basically have a f*****g good time. im not proud of doing them, but if something enhances your night and doesnt affect anybody else, then im sweet with it.

exactly this. just be sensible. i smoke weed pretty much every weekend. i have a great time, i feel relaxed and i have few laughs. im not addicted to it, i just enjoy it and it doesnt affect me in a bad way

i cant stand people who say 'you smoke that stuff, thats well bad'. the exact same people who go out on a saturday night and binge drink, which is in my opinion far more dangerous.

i prefer it to alcohol. the amount of fights, stupid things done/said ive done drinking beer is ridiculous. it never happens when i smoke. i still have total control over my actions (but i can understand certain drugs affect certain people)
  • Options
    What next ? Smoking rat poison.
    I took rat poison (warfarin) every day for a year, on doctors orders!

• Options
    Beds, how can you live in Biggleswade and not take drugs to numb the pain? :-)
  • Options
    I'm going to apologise in advance for my post in about 4 hours !
    Loved today was a real rollercoaster me and my mates are going to be blaring out VFR tonight in Brighton .
  • Options
    L Block said:

exactly this. just be sensible. i smoke weed pretty much every weekend. i have a great time, i feel relaxed and i have few laughs. im not addicted to it, i just enjoy it and it doesnt affect me in a bad way

i cant stand people who say 'you smoke that stuff, thats well bad'. the exact same people who go out on a saturday night and binge drink, which is in my opinion far more dangerous.

i prefer it to alcohol. the amount of fights, stupid things done/said ive done drinking beer is ridiculous. it never happens when i smoke. i still have total control over my actions (but i can understand certain drugs affect certain people)

What used to piss me off no end was people at uni who would have a real go at me for my love of the 'erb but would then start bashing lines of m-cat simply because it was 'legal' - despite the fact it was very addictive and seriously bad for you.
  • Options
    It's only for fools and horses.