Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

german beers

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
ive currently taken to german beers i.e. becks, erdinger, bitburger etc. can anyone recommend to me any other german beers

danke

Comments

• Options
    hoffmeister and skol
  • Options
    Veltins ...... Lovely
  • Options
    Real ale - it's not German but it tastes better.
  • Options
    Warsteiner
  • Options
    Ein Berliner
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Schlafenhuger
    Fassenkrauter
    Wielenschpoolicht
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Alte Schpeckled Huhne
  • Options
    cheers people, ill keep a look out for these.

looks like have plenty of drinking to do : )
  • Options
    Excellent thread and timely for me as I am about to embark on a stag weekend to Munich. Keep the advice coming please.
  • Options
    Das Boot..... goes down well !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aldi sell a 6 pack of 33cl bottles of German Steinhauser beer for £3.99. Very nice!
  • Options
    Franziskaner Weissbier
  • Options
    Oliver Bier(Hoff)

CAMRA beer festivals always have a foreign beer section with a selection of interesting bottles, and sometimes a german or belgian beer on draft

If you're in Munich, go to any of the beer gardens, and dive in.

http://patto1ro.home.xs4all.nl/munipubs.htm
  • Options
    Jagermeister. Alcoholic anyway
  • Options
    Erdinger for me.
  • Options
    i had it straight the other week - the worst thing i have ever tasted. with monster - now youre talking.......

• Options
    Jagermeister is the devil in liquid form
  • Options
    Oliver Bier(Hoff)

CAMRA beer festivals always have a foreign beer section with a selection of interesting bottles, and sometimes a german or belgian beer on draft

If you're in Munich, go to any of the beer gardens, and dive in.

http://patto1ro.home.xs4all.nl/munipubs.htm
    It will be rude not to dive in, although March might be a little too cold for the gardens.

This is a great link, ta.
  • Options
    After the fulham game, we ended up in a german bar on the fulham road, where we had a few pints of Paulaner it was very nice!

Couple of the less masculine among us were drinking Frulli, a strawberry beer!
  • Options
    I'm of course spoilt by Czech beer, but my favourite German beer is Jever. It comes from the north coast near the Danish border. Slightly herby taste to it. Anti-marketing types look away now, but it's also a lovely brand full of images of the Northern coast that make my heart ache living so far from the sea.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just saw this thread and thought "Hmm... Beer"! I am turning into Homer Simpson.
  • Options

About 10% on draught, cost the equalivant of about £1.22 a pint...can't argue, although you can after about 10 pints when you puke up in your bed cos of it
  • Options
    Budweiser ;-)
  • Options
    Its Belgian but... image

How good a name is that?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Budweiser ;-)
    Not quite German, but the real Czech Budweiser is decent.

The American Budweiser imitation that we get imported in this country ..... how do people manage to drink that?
  • Options
    Budweiser ;-)
    Not quite German, but the real Czech Budweiser is decent.

The American Budweiser imitation that we get imported in this country ..... how do people manage to drink that?
    Through their mouths?
  • Options
    Thank you, Nathan. Valuable insight that.
  • Options
    The only thing the two Budweisers have in common is the name. The American firm saw the name and chose it because they thought it sounded like a good name for a beer. Subsequently they have taken the Czech firm to courts all over the world to protect "their" name!

Czech Budweiser is made with grain, hops, water and yeast - the US drink is made with rice (as that's cheaper). There is no comparison.
  • Options
    Warsteiner
    I'm with Ross on this one , they use to sell it at Makro but it's not been in stock for a while

• Options
    I like supping on this one