Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

german beers

2»

Comments

• Options
    The only thing the two Budweisers have in common is the name. The American firm saw the name and chose it because they thought it sounded like a good name for a beer. Subsequently they have taken the Czech firm to courts all over the world to protect "their" name!

Czech Budweiser is made with grain, hops, water and yeast - the US drink is made with rice (as that's cheaper). There is no comparison.
    As it happens, Czech Budvar, whose marketing team have been my clients since 2003, and are amongst the nicest people I've worked with, are under threat from corrupt politicians and their economic mafia sponsors. I'm actively involved in the fightback. So if you have a chance to drink some Czech Budvar in the coming days, please do so. Its good beer, and a damn good cause. And BTW in court the Czechs have won far more than they lost, which is pretty remarkable when you think of all those American lawyers they have to take on.
  • Options
    Swaying off topic slightly, but was skiing near Liberec last week, and discovered Svijany.. OMG!! :)
  • Options
    I'm of course spoilt by Czech beer, but my favourite German beer is Jever. It comes from the north coast near the Danish border. Slightly herby taste to it. Anti-marketing types look away now, but it's also a lovely brand full of images of the Northern coast that make my heart ache living so far from the sea.
    my mate came back from a stag-do in prague the other month and was banging on about some beer he had there.

we went out the other week and saw it in a pub on draught. i had a pint and it was lovely. i cant remember what it was called though
  • Options
    Swaying off topic slightly, but was skiing near Liberec last week, and discovered Svijany.. OMG!! :)
    yes Svijany is great. Small brewery doing very well

my mate came back from a stag-do in prague the other month and was banging on about some beer he had there.

we went out the other week and saw it in a pub on draught. i had a pint and it was lovely. i cant remember what it was called though
    I'm guessing Staropramen? If so, and you enjoyed that, there are even better ones waiting for you :-)
  • Options
    Alte Schpeckled Huhne
    LOL, love it Oggy.

Real ale, lager's for girls.

• Options
    yes Svijany is great. Small brewery doing very well

I'm guessing Staropramen? If so, and you enjoyed that, there are even better ones waiting for you :-)
    thats the stuff. lovely beer

• Options
    Alte Schpeckled Huhne
    LOL, love it Oggy.

lol it took me while to get that at first
  • Options
    Warsteiner
    Alte Schpeckled Huhne
    LOL, love it Oggy.

Ross is a connaisseur. My favourite one is clicking on "oktoberfest - iha iha iha", a double Warsteiner to accompany the music
    then tell me if you think i'm a girl.

• Options
    Written like this Oktoberfest - Iha Iha Iha. Then the blonde video.
  • Options
    I'm of course spoilt by Czech beer, but my favourite German beer is Jever. It comes from the north coast near the Danish border. Slightly herby taste to it. Anti-marketing types look away now, but it's also a lovely brand full of images of the Northern coast that make my heart ache living so far from the sea.
    Drank Jever Pilsener When i was in Bochum, really nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you're ever in the old town of Düsseldorf make sure you try the Altbier at the Ürige brerwy. Spent many great Saturday evenings there.

Not forgetting the Kölsch in Cologne. Although this did provide me with one of the worst hangovers I´have ever suffered.
  • Options
    Kolsch is a lovely beer, had a monumental hangover from drinking a local Beer when in Oldenburg,cant remember what it was called?.
  • Options
    Kolsch is a lovely beer, had a monumental hangover from drinking a local Beer when in Oldenburg,cant remember what it was called?.
    Could be Ols bier?

• Options
    Wherever I drink I always try to drink the local brew. Has always turned out fine to excellent, except for the Kölsch story, but that's another matter altogether.
  • Options
    Dinkel Acker
  • Options
    Went down for some of the world cup in Germany and I do like a few beers and can handle it pretty well compared to some. Went out on the first night and after only a few German lagers I was pissed after about 2 hours drinking, had to knock it on the head early and call it a night. Was all a bit embarrassing and had to blame a dodgy meal that we had eaten on my state ... So my advice be warned if drinking the good stuff in Germany :-)
  • Options
    ummm, As much as i love my real ales having read over this I now think I will have to have a visit to the German pub down the road from the office on the way home. Bugger.