Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Stevenage - Preview / Predictions

Comments

• Options
    sorry, are we playing Stevenage tomorrow or Barce-bleeding-lona?

• Options

We're playing Stevenage, Barcelona are playing Sheffield United
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    Right you lot, I've been one of the negative ones in recent weeks, penning gloom and despondency everywhere, waiting for the team to plummet towards mid table obscurity.

But then I engaged the brain and thought - we're top of the league - I know we are 'cause I sing it at various run down stadia in the NW, I've been singing it for ages - so why not just enjoy it.

So I am.

Tomorrow JJ will return, Wiggy will stay left and the rest of the team will jell as one and put on a magnificent show in front of a record L1 Valley crowd.

I know it, I feel it and it will happen.

I leave the line up to CP ,but I tell you now the score will be 3-1
  • Options
    Given that it's an "operation" I'll take a draw right now.
    Anymore draws at this point in the season will be crucially bad for our league run. We NEED a win.
  • Options

We're playing Stevenage, Barcelona are playing Sheffield United
    Hahahahahaha

• Options
    edited February 2012
    For me, we need a change in the centre midfield, not sure if Hollands triplets are keeping him up at night, but I don't think he has been particularly good for the last couple of weeks. He has been great this season but for me, I would stick Pritchard and Stephens in the middle and give Hollands a rest. Jackson if fit/Evina down left and I think the balance is restored. 2-1 win for me
  • Options
    For me, we need a change in the centre midfield, not sure if Hollands triplets are keeping him up at night, but I don't think he has been particularly good for the last couple of weeks. He has been great this season but for me, I would stick Pritchard and Stephens in the middle and give Hollands a rest. Jackson if fit/Evina down left and I think the balance is restored. 2-1 win for me
    If we take Hollands out and put Pritchard in, we wont have enough meat in the midfield...er...matron.

If we drop Hollands it has to be Hughes in midfield.

• Options
    my heart is telling me 3-0 (BWP, Kermy, and Jackson)...
    but my head is saying 0-0 draw written all over it.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    4 or 5 nil. We are going to absolutely batter them.

BWP hatrick if 5 brace if 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bring Russell in for Pritchard. More experience/more muscle. Get a striker in on loan....Quickly
  • Options
    Bring Russell in for Pritchard. More experience/more muscle. Get a striker in on loan....Quickly
    Would have said maybe Hughes but was told last night he was injured in training.
  • Options
    2-1 CAFC. Slightly better performance with Hollands and Kermorgant getting the goals.
  • Options
    Revenge 3-0. Jdog, BWP x2
  • Options
    This has all the signs of the kiss of death and the club have got this wrong for once.

£5 ticket promotions have produced some of the worst Charlton performances in recent years and should be scrapped. Its a great concept in theory but everyone turns up expecting to see a rout and the pressure builds if we are not at least 3-0 up by half time.

At this critical time of the season with form a little wobbly, we just don't need the distraction of a ticket sales promotion. Save it for if/when promotion is secured and there is less at stake.

I would rather double the ticket price and secure a 3-0 win in front of a half empty stadium or just let all accompanied kids in for free if we want to get the next generation interested.

Stevenage are a very good side with no glamour or football heritage which is a dangerous combination as Spurs found out.

And brother of Grumpy is going which is always a disaster.

Saint Chris may need to call for AA roadside assistance after a bumpy 0-1 home defeat.

He is proving to be a great manager but his Achilles heel might be making the right changes quickly, when things are not quite right.
    Mate get laid or snort a pil or something ...

26k in league one is amazing ... We won the last one and IF we win this one we will get higher attendances fit the run ...

I know we have weird fans that boo and moan but goodness me CHEER UP we are top of the league 6 points clear and 10 plus of third!!!!!

• Options
    This will be my first game back after returning to the UK from Oz. I'm probably the only one hoping that it doesn't sell out as I don't yet have a ticket (I'll be calling the ticket office soon, do they open at 9am?). I'm driving from Ledbury in Herefordshire so let's hope I can get a ticket sorted before I leave. I think we are due a performance and a good win and with the backing of the crowd we will get it today! BWP MUST start.
  • Options
    It's going to get ugly...the ref today (craig pawson) has booked 75 players and sent 8 off so far this season so expect a few cards to handed out.

COYR!
  • Options
    After learning that most men groom their nether region

I am expecting another huge shock today

In the form of a resounding win for the addicks 3 or 4 -1 with bwp getting a hat trick

Due to my shock yesterday I shall be arriving VIA the bugle train and leaving VIA the bugle train

See you in the lib for a toot toot train ride
  • Options
    evina has been going on about the game a lot on twitter and Mambo and a few others have been wishing him good luck. Don't know if this means he'll be playing again.

i fancy another 1-1
  • Options
    I would like to see more of Darel Russell thought he looked very good in the middle of the park
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From 2-0 up, we'll let them score on about 80 mins. Very nervous ending with about 7 mins of injury time. Finish 2-1 to us, but only just.
  • Options
    Andy Hughes in for this one?
  • Options
    Is it an easy DRAW ? yes my dear
  • Options
    Come on you Addicks .. sort out the shantytown wannabees .. 3-0
  • Options
    0-0
  • Options
    Anyone know if anyone's doing radio commentary
  • Options
    edited February 2012

This squad is better than what we have seen of late. On Saturday, nerves will be settled, and we'll be back to winning ways with a convincing 2-0 victory, and Bradders finally getting the monkey off his back.

arrrhummm....

@WSS, shall way put me done for next week's preview then........

:-)
  • Options

This squad is better than what we have seen of late. On Saturday, nerves will be settled, and we'll be back to winning ways with a convincing 2-0 victory, and Bradders finally getting the monkey off his back.

arrrhummm....

@WSS, shall way put me done for next week's preview then........

:-)
    Geezer's clearly battered.
  • Options
    NLA I love you!