Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Only if it benefits the side. Green off for Wagstaff on Tuesday was a bad move.
  • Options
    Wagstaff is shit dont care what any one says he has been poor whenever I watch him play, just throws his arms up in the air like a little girl everytime he doesnt get the ball
  • Options
    Wagstaff's form is one of the few disapointments. Seems to have a total lack of confidence - if he gets that back he could still have a part to play, but as Powell says he is not likely to get 3 or 4 games on trot at the moment.
  • Options
    They have to play him on Saturday - he's on the flyer!
  • Options
    Wagstaff is shit dont care what any one says he has been poor whenever I watch him play, just throws his arms up in the air like a little girl everytime he doesnt get the ball
    You obviously missed that goal v Bournemouth on opening day then and all of the unbeaten run at the beginning of the season.

Still, a player who scored 10 goals from midfield last season being "shit" is your opinion so you're entitled to it.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Wagstaff's form is one of the few disapointments. Seems to have a total lack of confidence - if he gets that back he could still have a part to play, but as Powell says he is not likely to get 3 or 4 games on trot at the moment.
    Not sure that's what Powell says. I read it as players have to be ready from game one not needing 3 or 4 games to get up to speed.
  • Options
    You obviously missed that goal v Bournemouth on opening day then and all of the unbeaten run at the beginning of the season.

Still, a player who scored 10 goals from midfield last season being "shit" is your opinion so you're entitled to it.

He scored one wonder goal on the first game of the season and that makes him good, last season are team was awful compared to this season that is why wagstaff looked good, now we have a better team his real form is starting to show. I just hope he doesnt play him this saturday
  • Options
    im another in the 'dont rate him' category if thats alright with everyone.
  • Options
    Seems alot of people love him on this site, I would watch what you say!
  • Options
    I've had a lot of time for him and thought he was harshly dropped when playing well in order to make room for Green. Since then however he has failed to graps his limited opportunities and has also developed a chip on his shoulder with all the amateur dramatics and bitching at officials. Until he sorts his attitude out he can stay home at weekends as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously he'll be starting on Saturday now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Though undoubtedly a good player when on form, he whines too much for me, twice on Tuesday he was more intent on telling the linesman he was being fouled instead of trying to keep the ball in play. Hope he can step up to the plate again if he aspires to be out number 1 choice right midfielder in the Championship
  • Options
    "Don't rate him" is one thing, ignoring all the goals he has scored this season and last and claiming that he's "poor whenever I watch him" say more about the prejudices some people have about some players than it does about the players themselves.

Waggy had scored three goals this season which is the same as Green but from far fewer minutes on the pitch. But one of them is "shit". Go figure.

• Options

Praps take your own advice.

• Options

Why? What's going to happen to him?

I've long thought that Waggy's future might be as a striker. He's one of the best finishers at the club.

Kevin Phillips started on the wing, I believe.
  • Options
    Don't know where you've got this from. I only ever see people slag him off (Henry excluded).

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Don't know where you've got this from. I only ever see people slag him off (Henry excluded).

Not true
  • Options
    Seems I am not the only one with the view he is a poor player, who just moans like a little girl who doesnt get her own way. Hope he is the first player we sack off cause he is no kop in my eyes
  • Options
    Seems I am not the only one with the view he is a poor player, who just moans like a little girl who doesnt get her own way. Hope he is the first player we sack off cause he is no kop in my eyes
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I disagree on his ability although his current attitude sucks.

• Options
    Given his ability and willingness to cover Solly, something which I'm not sure green offers quite so well, and the caliber of the opposition on sat I can see that starting him may be a good idea.

Think he offers more than some people give him credit for but can understand the frustration that perhaps the end product isn't always there.

Still it's just nice that this season we've actually got a few options to argue over. Definitely better than 'who do you rate least, McOxo or Francis'
  • Options
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I disagree on his ability although his current attitude sucks.

Fair comment mate

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I have always found him an irratating player. He has some talent but barely uses it. When he was being picked he always dissapeared in the game. Then occasionaly he would do something which would be enough to warrent him another starting place.
    He bitches to much and he dives to often. He hardley ever ran down the wing, as if it was to much of a hardship for him to move.
    That is all when he's crap. when he is good, when he can be bothered he is actually a half decent winger and he can track back well. but thats too few and far between.
  • Options
    I would play Green ahead of Waggy for the the simple reason that I think he's got a better delivery. Waggy is very frustrating as I has high hopes for him when he was coming through that's he's never consistantly lived up too. Some will rate Waggy some will rate Green. Not much in it.
  • Options
    just a quick question how old is Wagstaff now?
  • Options
    After a decent start to the season, he was a bit unlucky to lose his place. But he's not done much to grab it back, Tuesday night no exception

Not that Green is undroppable.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    For me both are options on right wing can be frustrating but that is the nature of wingers, i like Waggy's workrate but then i havnt seen him much this season but Green has more class but i feel wastes it to often by not doing the simple stuff and working for the team, just wish some of are fans didnt feel the need to decide a player who is commited to the cause is a waste as once a player gets that stigma they wont be happy until he is driven out of the club.

I will support who ever plays for Charlton this season as its still a great one despite recent slip ups and i agree about Wagstaff does moan but im not willing to decide a player is worthless so quickly becuase he is not flavour of the month.
  • Options
    just a quick question how old is Wagstaff now?
    He's 22 at the end of March and can't cross his fingers.
  • Options
    Next season if we go up, I'm not convinced either would be good enough in the Championship...
  • Options
    Next season if we go up, I'm not convinced either would be good enough in the Championship...
    I am not sure what the team will look like next season if we go up.
  • Options
    I would play Green ahead of Waggy for the the simple reason that I think he's got a better delivery. Waggy is very frustrating as I has high hopes for him when he was coming through that's he's never consistantly lived up too. Some will rate Waggy some will rate Green. Not much in it.
    Green's delivery is better generally but it has been poor for a few weeks now. Woeful v Rochdale and MK Dons in fact.

Wagstaff is faster, tracks back better and works an overlap better with the FB (solly and Morrison on Tueday). Green has a trick or two more that Waggy and has better delivery. Both have an eye for goal although Waggy outscored green last season if you discount pens.

Both give something to the side and both have limitations.

The bad attitude and "he moans a lot" is a red herring. He is targeted and gets kicked all over the place as teams fear his pace and I seem to remember Johnny Robinson moaned non-stop. He was a better player than Waggy but then again he was a better player than Green too.

• Options
    Green is far more of a threat with his delivery, not a huge Waggy fan personally but have seen him have some great games. At the start of the season people seemed to want him to play in order that he could help out Solly, he doesn't need helping and Waggy can't play for that reason alone.

For me he doesn't offer us much in an attacking sense on the wing, doesn't drive at the full back enough and can't seem able to cross a ball.

He's one of those that will always divide opinion, but for me Green starts ahead of him (whilst not himself remaining undroppable (sp)