Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fly to Carlisle With The Team

Comments

• Options
    Two places remain for Carlisle flight
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2622160,00.html

Get in quick
  • Options
    Only two places left on the flight according to CAFC twitter!

there you go.
    Was that a hint for Tavern? : - )

Seriously, shows that the people are out there. If they can afford it then good luck to them

• Options
    You get a lot for it, I don't think its a bad price.
  • Options
    Can we ask Margate for our two grand gate money. That should help to go towards the cost ;-)
  • Options
    Only two places left on the flight according to CAFC twitter!

there you go.
    Was that a hint for Tavern? : - )

Seriously, shows that the people are out there. If they can afford it then good luck to them

He wouldnt do it even if we were loaded as he knows I would embarrass him.

• Options
    I am amazed. If money were no object I'm still not convinced I'd pay it.
  • Options
    HartleyPete and DRF have it right.

I'd sponsor Curb-It to go on it but I want us to turn up sober.......*headlock*
  • Options
    We could have got 100 lifers to pay £25 each and then raffle it off between the 100.

I wish I had a spare 2.5k knocking around for this. Would be a great experience!
  • Options
    Are the people who are amazed at this, also amazed at people who pay for match-day sponsorship or advertising boards at the ground? You get a lot less personal attention for roughly the same money.
  • Options
    I am amazed why the club didn't hire a cruise liner and sell tickets for £20?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    looked into it, not so sure i fancy it any more-

• Options
    I am amazed why the club didn't hire a cruise liner and sell tickets for £20?

They could at least organise some coaches with pick up points around SE London and Kent but no, too obvious an idea for a tin-pot club like Charlton

• Options
    I'm offering something much better. For just £1,999 (exclusive of VAT), I will pick you up at your house (as long as within 50 mile radius of The Valley), drive you to the game in a nice car, allow you to choose which radio station you listen to (as long as it isn't Radio 1), a limited amount of intelligent conversation, provide breakfast at Scratchwood Services, 5 star overnight accommodation, a ticket for the game, a match programme and a red and white scarf as well as a chance to have an autograph photograph of you sitting on the bonnet of my car. Payments must be paid to my dog's bank account.
  • Options
    Lol, sign me up Thai.
  • Options
    Well i suspect £2500 is not the fortune to some that it would be to me. Id certainly like to try this experience out and would pay that sort of money if had it to spare. When things like this get auctioned for charities such as children in need then the end selling price if far higher than this so i suspect plenty out there do have the funds available. Sure wont top my experience of getting to the valley tomorrow of a drive to the ferry, relaxing crossing with a full english and the papers and a sprint up the A3 & M25 to have a couple in the Liberal Club ...... and before anyone asks im not driving back lol
  • Options
    Don't see the problem with this ... if I had the money I'd go for it
  • Options
    Well i suspect £2500 is not the fortune to some that it would be to me. Id certainly like to try this experience out and would pay that sort of money if had it to spare. When things like this get auctioned for charities such as children in need then the end selling price if far higher than this so i suspect plenty out there do have the funds available. Sure wont top my experience of getting to the valley tomorrow of a drive to the ferry, relaxing crossing with a full english and the papers and a sprint up the A3 & M25 to have a couple in the Liberal Club ...... and before anyone asks im not driving back lol
    Hope you have a good day Webby , used to live on the Iow for a bit.

• Options
    i've heard the massives have chartered the space shuttle endeavour to circumnavigate the earth twice, taking in the first 7 wonders of the world before landing at the 8th, hillsborough, prior to the derby match against the pigs.
  • Options
    It'd be easier to fly to Manchester and get a train up ;-)
    How do you work that out when Newcastle is a lot nearer to Carlisle than Manchester is?

• Options
    I thought it was a bit strong charging this amount of money and you still have to get to Stansted yourself!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can I pay on Zebra Finance?
    I wouldn't, you'll get striped up.
    hahahahahahaha

• Options
    At a time when many 'ordinary fans' may be undergoing pay freezes, possibly unemployment, are perhaps struggling to adequately pay their bills, when future prospects for their children may be far from encouraging, yet these 'ordinary fans' are still are able to stump up the cash for a season ticket or a cheap (non refundable) train fare to an away game, I find the whole notion of charging a few fans with more money than sense £2,500 for a day's jolly in Carlisle to be quite out of order. If this is a forsetaste of what the 'new order' at CAFC has in store for the people who pay their bills, I suggest that they think again.
  • Options
    At a time when many 'ordinary fans' may be undergoing pay freezes, possibly unemployment, are perhaps struggling to adequately pay their bills, when future prospects for their children may be far from encouraging, yet these 'ordinary fans' are still are able to stump up the cash for a season ticket or a cheap (non refundable) train fare to an away game, I find the whole notion of charging a few fans with more money than sense £2,500 for a day's jolly in Carlisle to be quite out of order. If this is a forsetaste of what the 'new order' at CAFC has in store for the people who pay their bills, I suggest that they think again.
    I agree that it is a lot of money, but if these people want to part with 2.5K who are we to argue with them

• Options
    Seems a bit harsh given the club is opening up the gates to The Valley for a fiver tomorrow.

Also I've been arguing on my blog for some time that the club needs to offer more price points to fans so that the richer ones (or at least the ones willing to pay more to watch football) can 'signal' to them that they are willing to pay more than the current simple ticket pricing structure allows. Admittedly this flight option is a one-off but it seems perfectly reasonable to me - no-one loses out, five fans get a great experience, and the club gets £12,500.
  • Options
    Seems a bit harsh given the club is opening up the gates to The Valley for a fiver tomorrow.

Also I've been arguing on my blog for some time that the club needs to offer more price points to fans so that the richer ones (or at least the ones willing to pay more to watch football) can 'signal' to them that they are willing to pay more than the current simple ticket pricing structure allows. Admittedly this flight option is a one-off but it seems perfectly reasonable to me - no-one loses out, five fans get a great experience, and the club gets £12,500.
    It's just jealousy. Certainly for me it is. I would have loved to have been involved in something like this. If the numbers are limited to five then I suspect that the players, and management, will make it weekend to remember. Not to mention what happens if we win promotion or the title at the game.

The flight is a bit of a red herring, they could easily have charged the same price for a coach journey if it was a bit closer.

It is a lot of money for a weekend away watching football but then it's a lot of money for a handbag too yet my son's school playground is full of handbags and shoes that cost more than this trip, not to mention the watches that people wear. If people have the money then they will pay it for this. Chances are some would do this more than once as well.

I can't begin to imagine how much a club could charge for this sort of arrangement in the Premier League.
  • Options
    Great idea by the club. Would have throught this covers the cost of the flight which is important bearing in mind how far away it is. Why pay for your costs when you can find others to do it!
  • Options
    I agree that it is a lot of money, but if these people want to part with 2.5K who are we to argue with them

What the Club should do is not take money from any sponsors, lounges, box holders, Five year season tickets holders or in fact anyone who is willing and able to pay more than the lowest ticket price on principal just in case anyone who can't afford it gets upset.

And if we then have no money to buy players etc then so be it. I would rather see us in the Conference and playing at Selhurst park than charge more than £5 for any ticket or hospitality.

• Options
    I do not wish to make this a protracted argument/discussion on pricing policies and the morality of excessive overpricing or overweening grandeur during a time of austerity: BUT
    'More price points' .. in a remodelled valley or a new stadium with spanking new facilities and IF/WHEN we get to the top division, I can see the merits of offering a sows ear for a silk purse price. A game against Real Madrid or Arsenal, perhaps Barcelona, Chelsea, would certainly attract the fan with the 'prawn sandwich' approach to football watching and why not. Those that have money to burn , better they start a blaze at the valley than elsewhere.
    At present CAFC is a third strata club playing against third strata teams. To offer a 'package' of £2,500 for a day out at a third strata ground comes close to self parody. At best it is very bad timing, at worst an attempt to cash in on success which has yet to be fully realised.
    As has been pointed out on here by others, if fans are prepared to spend lots and lots of money on jollies with the team and management, then so be it. In my opinion, many (I will use the phrase again) ordinary fans will find it insulting and elitist. Now is not the time to be getting either too ambitious or too greedy
  • Options
    I wonder if the Club are open to negotiations if there are still places left by the beginning of April.

Already had a mate telling me he's booked it, but not sure if I should believe him or not.
  • Options
    I do not wish to make this a protracted argument/discussion on pricing policies and the morality of excessive overpricing or overweening grandeur during a time of austerity: BUT
    'More price points' .. in a remodelled valley or a new stadium with spanking new facilities and IF/WHEN we get to the top division, I can see the merits of offering a sows ear for a silk purse price. A game against Real Madrid or Arsenal, perhaps Barcelona, Chelsea, would certainly attract the fan with the 'prawn sandwich' approach to football watching and why not. Those that have money to burn , better they start a blaze at the valley than elsewhere.
    At present CAFC is a third strata club playing against third strata teams. To offer a 'package' of £2,500 for a day out at a third strata ground comes close to self parody. At best it is very bad timing, at worst an attempt to cash in on success which has yet to be fully realised.
    As has been pointed out on here by others, if fans are prepared to spend lots and lots of money on jollies with the team and management, then so be it. In my opinion, many (I will use the phrase again) ordinary fans will find it insulting and elitist. Now is not the time to be getting either too ambitious or too greedy
    Get a life - it's their money and they can do what they like with it.

It seems that everything beyond your reach is elitist - there are many reasons why some people would want to do this. A special birthday, a special celebration, they may have only six months to live, but oh no, it's 'elitist'.

I suppose you wear sack clothe and ashes, eat raw vegetables, never have a holdiay and donate all your spare cash to charity because everything else is 'elitist'.