Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cockney Music

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Surprised that Chas & Bloody Dave haven't had a mention..........my appologies for having done so by the way!!
    Only in the original post for goodness sake! Retire!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Mickey Jupp
    Ian Dury

not bow bells cockneys but know the lingo
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    very early bowie
    david essex
  • Options
    sham 69
  • Options
    Cockney Rejects - Not very good Oi band with dodgy following plus they were West Ham fans

• Options
    Surprised that Chas & Bloody Dave haven't had a mention..........my appologies for having done so by the way!!
    What's wrong with Chas n Dave? Okay they are not Difford and Tilbrook, but they are fun and entertaining.
  • Options
    All the cockneys were displaced by the hugeunots 400 years ago.
    Bloody Hugeunots coming over here taking over our looms

• Options
    I would say:

Ian Dury
    Wiley
    Rizzle Kicks
    Cockney rejects
    Cock Sparrer
    Small Faces
    Heavy Metal Kids
    Dizzee Rascal
    Wilko Johnson
    4 skins
    The Business

To name a few.
  • Options
    Saw Cockney Rejects at Meltdown a few years ago.

Really really *really* awful.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sadly the Cockney will be no more in the next 50 years ( a possible over estimation ) due to mass immigration in the area so any association with music and Cockney's will be important for historical and cultural reasons.
    Wow! They're pulling St Mary-le Bow down? When did this get agreed and when isn't there a petition about it?

Oh - that's right - they aren't, and your post is complete, and utter, unadulterated bollocks.
    And you would know as you almost always speak it . Your aggression , when you disagree with people is bordering on manic at times . Instead of the constant insults and snipes , you should try come up with some sort of constructive argument as to why you disagree . Its called discussion , you should try it some time and then that way you might , just might , gain a little respect with some members of Charlton Life. Sadly you won't be gaining mine just yet .

Beds is right to a point. But it is the bloody cost of living within the shaded area on the map above that will do it!!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sham 69 'urry up 'arry?
  • Options
    Sadly the Cockney will be no more in the next 50 years ( a possible over estimation ) due to mass immigration in the area so any association with music and Cockney's will be important for historical and cultural reasons.
    Wow! They're pulling St Mary-le Bow down? When did this get agreed and when isn't there a petition about it?

Oh - that's right - they aren't, and your post is complete, and utter, unadulterated bollocks.
    And you would know as you almost always speak it . Your aggression , when you disagree with people is bordering on manic at times . Instead of the constant insults and snipes , you should try come up with some sort of constructive argument as to why you disagree . Its called discussion , you should try it some time and then that way you might , just might , gain a little respect with some members of Charlton Life. Sadly you won't be gaining mine just yet .
    Firstly - how I make my 'arguments' in discussions is precisely 0.0% of your business. I'll make them as I see fit - with no interference from you or anybody else.

Secondly, this isn't a 'discussion'. You made a statement that was utter shite, got called on it and have no comeback because you know full well that what you posted was factually incorrect.

It's difficult to have a 'discussion' with a fool.
  • Options

Best you don't talk to yourself then......

• Options
    Why are you having this discussion on this thread at all? It's supposed to be about cockney song ideas.
  • Options
    Why are you having this discussion on this thread at all? It's supposed to be about cockney song ideas.
    Blimey, love a duck me old sparra you fell for that did you;-)

• Options
    Some people just can't help themselves.
  • Options

Firstly - how I make my 'arguments' in discussions is precisely 0.0% of your business. I'll make them as I see fit - with no interference from you or anybody else.

Secondly, this isn't a 'discussion'. You made a statement that was utter shite, got called on it and have no comeback because you know full well that what you posted was factually incorrect.

Lol - that made me laugh.
  • Options

This - But Can you troll yourself ?
  • Options

Quelle surprise...
  • Options

They were pretty ropey when I saw them with the Damned at the Bridge House Canning Town. Should have known better then going to that venue really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Here's a true Cockney ...

http://youtu.be/pOMqqI-kzHY
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    Was half expecting Danny Dyer to turn up !
  • Options
    I think Dyer is in this Cockney Star Trek movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvGHIW3GQv8&feature=relmfu
  • Options

They were pretty ropey when I saw them with the Damned at the Bridge House Canning Town. Should have known better then going to that venue really.
    It was like 4 blokes dragged outta the pub.

Probably was.

This'll cheer everyone up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eVms_tAN0E
  • Options
    Is that Joe Brown with the white hair?
  • Options
    Looks like him.
  • Options
    Only on Charlton Life can an innocent thread about Chas n Dave turn into a debate about immigration ha ha.

Not true "Cockney" in the sense of the word but Madness and The Kinks would be good for a wider Laaandan them and the Clash of course.
  • Options
    Sham 69 'urry up 'arry?
    I mum always thought they were singing 'hurry up hairy camel'

• Options
    Anyone mentioned Steve Harley?