Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ready for some loan news? (Hayes & Doherty join Wycombe)

Comments

• Options
    Micheal Owen at The Valley.

That would be a coup!
  • Options

That would be a coup!
    Maybe put a cheeky bid in for Lampard whilst we're at it. :)

• Options

That would be a coup!
    please no

• Options
    Andy Hughes next i think to go
  • Options
    Prefer Hayes to Clarke but wouldn't have either of them ahead of Kerm or BWP.
    Hope Andy Hughes doesn't go I think him and Hollands looked good together, he's a but unlucky really.
  • Options

That would be a coup!
    please no

Owen would still rip this league apart.
  • Options
    seeing as a lot of you rate Hayes that highly, I now expect to see him scoring loads of goals for Wycombe and overtaking BWP as top goalscorer .............NOT.

I think SCP shares my views. At the start of the season I posted on here that we would not get promoted with the strikers that we had at that time (BWP, Hayes, Benson, Euell) - since then he has brought in Kermy, Haynes & Clarke and got rid of Euell, Benson & now Hayes.
  • Options
    Very disappointed we've let Hayes go, if Kerms gets injured we are stuck with Clarke up front who I know hasn't been here long looks deserves a chance etc but he looks like another "striker" who won't hit a barn door for us (Varney,McLeod,JFH Abbott etc) to me anyway
  • Options
    I would prefer Hayes to Clarke all day long.
  • Options
    I would like to think that over the last few games the coaching team and CP have come to the conclusion that things have to be shaken up, maybe teams are now doing a job on us by packing the midfield, and sitting back to hit us on the break.
    Get a few players of the wage bill on loan and bring in two players to change things around.

WIth the games now coming up thick and fast we would be mad not to replace them.

We now have three central defenders, Morrision, Taylor and Cort.

If one of the three either get a suspension or injury then it could leave us in a sticky situation although we would have been in that with the Doc at the back.

We now need a proven goal scorer, history has shown that in previous campaigns when securing promotions you need to bring people in.

Jim Melrose is one that springs to mind, as well as Youlds and Mills.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seeing as a lot of you rate Hayes that highly, I now expect to see him scoring loads of goals for Wycombe and overtaking BWP as top goalscorer .............NOT.
    I think he will score a few for WW and of course he won't overtake BWP given that he's playing in a worse team and only has ~16 games to go but only an idiot would have expected that in the first place.

• Options

I think SCP shares my views. At the start of the season I posted on here that we would not get promoted with the strikers that we had at that time (BWP, Hayes, Benson, Euell) - since then he has brought in Kermy, Haynes & Clarke and got rid of Euell, Benson & now Hayes.
    True, you did say that (endlessly and from May onwards) but regardless we didn't lose a league game with Hayes in the side and were top of the league when he was dropped.

Yann, IMHO, is better but you can't knock Hayes' contribution in those first 10/11 games

• Options
    I know for a fact that Hayes has not been happy about not getting a game recently and has been knocking on CP's door with this being the end result.
  • Options

That would be a coup!
    Leave it out, he is the one person we do not need at the Valley, he should have hung his boots up 2 years ago
  • Options
    edited February 2012

True, you did say that (endlessly and from May onwards) but regardless we didn't lose a league game with Hayes in the side and were top of the league when he was dropped.

Weve lost 2 games in the league all season. A poor 1-0 away which we avenge in 14 hours and the horror show over the water on NYE when Hamer lost his head. We are top by a clearer margin than when he was in the team im sure.

Didnt Hayes play in some of the non- league defeats?

Edit yep he started against Brentford in JPT where we got hammered 3-0 in one of our worst perfomances this term ;-)
  • Options

That would be a coup!
    please no

Owen would still rip this league apart.
    disagree, but not worth arguing about.
  • Options
    We are top by a clearer margin than when he was in the team im sure.
    TBF it would almost be impossible to be 8, 9 or 10 points clear after only 10 games.
  • Options
    TBF it would almost be impossible to be 8, 9 or 10 points clear after only 10 games.

True but what im saying is that whilst i rate hayes on what ive seen possibly more than other options its not really tangible to say we'd not lost with him playing in the league.

By your above reasoning its equally fair to say that no losses in only 10 games isnt comparable to 2 losses in 31 ;-)
  • Options
    We must have a few coming in lined up already which will be good news to keep the squad fresh

• Options
    edited February 2012
    It seems to me that we have invested a fair bit in Kermo (to fend off the interest) and therefore he is a definite starter and therefore it is about adjusting the attacking play to suit him rather than to suit BWP. Hayes will not and should not feature if Kermo plays but a classic goalscorer in theory should. I see Clarke as a stand in for Kermo, Haynes now injured as a stand in for our off form goalscorer and therefore it all points to a goalscorer being brought in on loan. Hayes is at the wrong stage of his career to not get a look in. All makes sense. Lucky Henry isn't our chief scout! (only joking)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

True but what im saying is that whilst i rate hayes on what ive seen possibly more than other options its not really tangible to say we'd not lost with him playing in the league.

By your above reasoning its equally fair to say that no losses in only 10 games isnt comparable to 2 losses in 31 ;-)

I was replying to Golfie's assertion that we would not have gone up with Hayes and BWP.

We'll never know but up to the point that the partnership was broken up we were clearly on course for promotion.

Hayes has gone and I don't expect him to be recalled. Clearly at his age he wants to be playing more often. If what Essex Al is saying is true (and I've no reason to doubt it) then good for him. As a good pro he wants to play.

If we win the league he'll fully deserve his Champions medal is what I'm saying.
  • Options
    Nathan Delfouneso, has just finished his loan deal with Leicester where he didnt get much of a game?
  • Options
    Someones been busy ( adding stuff in brackets )
  • Options
    Very strange. Even if kerm is better than Hayes, imo the kerm-bwp combo isnt.
  • Options
    Some of us rated Hayes a little more highly than it seems Powell does. But as fifth choice striker, it was clearly going to take a catastrophic list of injuries before PH got anywhere near the team, so it makes sense for him to go. Good luck to him.

Ditto Doc.
  • Options
    I want the money for my son's shirt back.

I asked the Club and they said they'd be happy to give me a free "N"
  • Options
    One thing the Wycombe fans and their goalkeeper wont be getting is a "Great Nights Sleep" as their clubs sponsor suggests with the Doc at the back.
    At least they might be getting a new bed out out of it. ;-0

• Options
    Anyone else noticed how often the Doc kicks his toes into the ground when he runs? Amuses me. He was alright a couple of seasons ago, no loss - maybe he'd have been better playing in his natural position of centre forward in recent games though?

Hayes worked hard, but that cup game against Carlisle was the last i saw of him and he couldnt trap a bag of cement. I refuse to accept that it was Powell and not Parkinson who signed him.
  • Options
    I can't help but think Powell definatley has someone lined up. No way would he go into the promotion run in with only 2 back up strikers, especially considering one of them is currently nursing a hamstring injury (we all know how they can niggle away throughout the season).
    I got a feeling we will be suprised... maybe this marquee signing is finally arriving!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think we need to see how this plays out - I'd be very surprised if there isn't a loan striker lined up, given how we have operated this year (big squad, prepared to keep fringe players hanging about). Youngster from the prem would be my guess