Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ready for some loan news? (Hayes & Doherty join Wycombe)

Comments

• Options
    weve had some interesting transfer news this season...

first there was the 'straight swap' with swindon town (clarke for benson)
    and now we have a double loan move to the same club...

a bit random for me, but in SCP we trust.
  • Options
    Surprised the Doc didn't move on earlier, but surprised that Hayes is on his way without another crack at the first team; especially given our striker problem at the moment. I thought that he was great earlier in the season - I know he went off the boil (and when Super Yann turned up he was going to have his work cut out), but I thought we would see him back knocking on the door given the current circumstances. Good luck to him.

However, I suppose he must have pissed CP off somehow, otherwise he would not have brought Haynes and Clarke in.....

I wouldn't be surprised if we see another striker heading to SE7 shortly.
  • Options
    wycombe got 5 new players in on loan in a gamble to stay up , good luck to em
  • Options
    Disappointed Hayes has gone, I think we could be critical of his finishing but I think at times we miss his ability to link play with the midfield and was intelligant when feeding BWP, felt hid performance at Col (A) was up there with best forward play all season, He's not the best in the air but I think that suited us at the time, we moved the ball quickly to feet and didn't overuse the outball which is targeted to Kermo, but i agree he probably isn't classed as an impact player when your chasing a goal late on but if you wanted to change the attacking style if were not retaining possession higher up the pitch he would have been ideal, I hope he does well, he'll need a good partner to be effective but not a bad signing IMHO
  • Options
    looking at it from a different angle:

wycombe still have stevenage, sheff wed and mk dons to play. If either hayes or doc (not likely i know) in any way help to take a few points off these teams, that could help us get out of this division. more help than if they were just sitting in our reserves anyway.

We are obviously now the Man City of league 1 - buying all the players up and then loaning out to those who aren't our rivals!

Personally, I was a fan of hayes, and thought that he was the best cover for kermogant. the bwp/hayes partnership was nice to watch and produced good results.
  • Options
    Hayes is not the type of player good at coming off the bench. However if we were to lose Yann he is the one who would be the replacement. Clarke or Haynes partnering BWP does not convince me at this stage, mainly due to Clarke not yet impressing and Haynes may be too much like BWP. Lets hope Powelly has a replacement lined up
  • Options
    Fell sorry for Paul Hayes he started the season well with some assists and some goals. For me he should be in the 16 every week.
    Has everyone forgotten about his god awful heavy first touch and his unbelievable ability to keep giving the ball away?

I wish him luck for the future but seriously don't believe he is the sort of standard we should be looking for. Haynes could be back in the squad for this weekend and that leaves us with 4 strikers not sure we will even sign another, although a quality loan would be nice.
    I haven't nor the fact that his last home game for us when a cross came in he was 4yards in front of goal & he tried to control the firkin ball instead of shooting !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never did it for me, played his part sure but no more thanks.
  • Options
    Shame about Hayes I would've kept him here but in SCP we trust.

As for Docherty he can stay there forever.
  • Options
    Shame about Hayes. Only for the fact that when he was in the team BWP scored a sack full. CP knows best though.
  • Options
    The massive reckon they are getting Baldock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haynes stated last night that he is back in training today and may be fit for tomorrow. 4 strikers, with only one place on the bench (no need for 2 strikers imo) so I don't think we need anyone else in unless another injury occurs imo.
    Where has this been stated?
  • Options
    I'd imagine powell wants to bring in cover for left side midfield and a more experienced striker. Probably had to move out a couple of players out first though. Neither hayes or doherty are anywhere near the first team so could be a good move for everyone.
  • Options
    Megson has confirmed they are not signing Baldock.
  • Options
    I hope Hayes will be back fully recovered and fit, not convinced at all about Clarke
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    crikey great start from them 2 for wycombe

both scored !
  • Options
    How crap is Hayes though.......

oh!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    How crap is Hayes though.......

oh!

apparently he's too slow and cant score

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Ha! Nice one Doherty and Hayes!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Interesting that BWP waited till Hayes was gone to put one in the back of the net! Maybe he was sneaking something into his pre-match cuppa in the hope of getting a game? ;0)
  • Options
    Hayes ended the game with 2 and Paul benson got 2 for Swindon. Smith didn't score for Acrington.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quality. Pleased for both of them.
  • Options
    Very happy for Hayes, he should be on our bench without a doubt in my eyes!
  • Options
    Quality. Pleased for both of them.
    Yep well done guys.

• Options
    The Doc apparently played very well too, he marshalled the defence, as he was paired with a young loan defender. Indeed, paired with a pacier defender I'm sure he would have done a better job for us last season.
  • Options
    I suspect Wycombe can't believe their luck signing two players of this quality ,it shows just how deep our League One squad is .

This is a no lose for us because Wycombe can't harm us and we could recall them after 28 days.

As said above we didn't have the players to complement the Doc , remember two years ago he made the L1 team of the year at Norwich.
  • Options
    Hayes first goal was quality, great run
  • Options
    Are they allowed to play against us when we take on Wycombe? I would guess not but haven't seen it in black and white.
  • Options
    I suspect Wycombe can't believe their luck signing two players of this quality ,it shows just how deep our League One squad is .

This is a no lose for us because Wycombe can't harm us and we could recall them after 28 days.

As said above we didn't have the players to complement the Doc , remember two years ago he made the L1 team of the year at Norwich.
    They could also take points from our rivals.

Also Hayes comes back match fit for the final part of the season.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Are they allowed to play against us when we take on Wycombe? I would guess not but haven't seen it in black and white.

As part of the switch to the division's bottom club, the duo will be ineligible when the Chairboys face the Addicks in April. They can also be recalled after the first 28 days.
    Fron the OS
  • Options
    Apparently, we've requested that Doc plays, but said Hayes can't :-)