Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Atmosphere today

I play Saturday afternoons so have only been able to get to the midweek home and away games so far this season.

Just wanted to know, with an attendance of around 26k, was the atmosphere like it used to be when we were playing in the Premier league (what seems like) ages ago?

Comments

• Yep, exactly the same.

Sporadically loud, majority of the time quiet.
  • Don't want to moan cos it doesn't really matter but no, absolutely not.
  • Yep, exactly the same.

Sporadically loud, majority of the time quiet.
    Too quiet.
    I have a theory that we have been struck dumb with disbelief at our lofty position, excellent team and manager.

• Was there any bouncing?
  • edited February 2012
    Was there any bouncing?
    Yes but only in the north upper and some scattered about the ground like me.

Must say the home support in the Jimmy Seed stand was quite good.
  • Give it a rest, today was great. I sit in the NU and maybe if you were in another stand it might not have been as good, can't comment on that, but where we were it was the best for many years. Great result and great atmosphere.
  • "We're better than Spurs"
  • After the goal it was very loud. Before that it was dead.
  • I blame the sun being in everyones eyes.

Wasn't the loudest I've heard The Valley today but I think some nerves coming from the fans, think the goal calmed any nerves down and Stevenage never looked that dangerous tbh. Loved seeing it full again though certainly beats the half empty flat mid week games we've had recently
  • The atmosphere was defiantly louder than usual.
  • Sponsored links:

• Certainly seemed pretty decent in the North Upper.
  • Yeah was a good atmosphere today
  • Nothing wrong with the atmosphere from where I was sitting. Grandchildren loved it
  • Great atmosphere. We'll never be a constant cauldron of noise like Galatasaary or Poznan but we have still got some of the most passionate and loyal fans going despite how they express it.

Let's hope today brings back some of the lapsed many and that we have gained some new young fans today. Well done to the oik yoofs in the North upper for trying some new songs too.
  • The song about 'is this the first time you've seen a crowd' was great.
  • yeh in the upper north thought was good as always but cant believe so many people were leaving from the east and west with 10 mins to go!!!!!
  • yeh in the upper north thought was good as always but cant believe so many people were leaving from the east and west with 10 mins to go!!!!!
    Was the same for the North

• Was there any trouble after? A Stevenage supporting facebook friend seemed to suggest so
  • Apologies for leaving 10 minutes early from the NWQ, My boy decided he needed a poo..
  • I thought the atmosphere was pretty decent today. No booing or negativity from where I was (NWQ today). Hopefully we'll have converted a few people who aren't regulars
  • Sponsored links:

Indeed, the Jimmy was the only stand that didnt seem to empty.

Indeed, the Jimmy was the only stand that didnt seem to empty.
    They still in there now? Poor buggers.
    ;o)
  • We go with one of my sons friends who holds a season ticket. At the MKD match he had to leave after 15 minutes to go to a thing up London, we were kicking the wrong way..result we won.
    Today same friend had to leave at half time due to an appointment in Orpington, we were also kicking the wrong way...result we won.
    Dilemma, do we kick sons friend our of every match from now on, or only when we're kicking the wrong way?
  • edited February 2012
    Was there any bouncing?
    I tried .. but the seat started to creak ... so i thought better of it! ;-0

I was also concerned about knocking people's flasks over!

• Apologies for leaving 10 minutes early from the NWQ, My boy decided he needed a poo..
    TMI. :-0

• First half was quite flat, I thought, apart from the first ten minutes. Second half excellent. Turns out we mainly sing when we're winning.
    Oddly the Stevenage fans went for 'Is this a library?' and 'Top of the league and you still don't sing' when we were making a lot of noise. Muppets.
  • edited February 2012
    First half was quite flat, I thought, apart from the first ten minutes. Second half excellent. Turns out we mainly sing when we're winning.
    Oddly the Stevenage fans went for 'Is this a library?' and 'Top of the league and you still don't sing' when we were making a lot of noise. Muppets.
    Disagree that's an insult to the Muppets! Said we are top the league, we are top the league. Looking forward to Chesterfield Tuesday night COYR.
  • Great support for Bradley Wright-Philips. We were very patience and supportive and got what we both wanted! So in that sense not like the premiership!
  • First half was quite flat, I thought, apart from the first ten minutes. Second half excellent. Turns out we mainly sing when we're winning.
    Attention seeking muppets. Their songs had no relevance to what was happening. Ultras nonsence. The "who are ya" in the Jimmy Seed after the second goal was brilliant.

The encouragement from the North Stand for BWP, after his early misses, was first class.

Usually surrounded by empty seats in the NWQ, not used to people in that area. The majority sat throughout, didn't stand up at all (even during the minutes applause), and didn't join in when the goals were scored. Obvious day-trippers. However, a mum sitting next to me had brought along her 5-year-old son to his first game, which was the object of the exercise.