Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Atmosphere today

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I thought the support for BWP was brilliant, hope it helps him to gain some confidence.

I sit in the Upper West and usually we have few people around us, but today it was full and the atmosphere was a lot better. I was very surprised though, when a few people near me booed at the half time whistle. I do like the chant that Stevenage fans and quite a few other team's fans have adopted, it is very effective.
  • Options
    Sat in NWQ atmosphere was flat after the first explosive 5 mins until we scored, rhen it was loud. Very loud from NU. That european inspired "ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....la la la la la la la...ooooooooohhhh" is in my ead tho
  • Options
    Those disapointed with atmosphere should remeber that with the vast number of first timers there yesterday it was always going to be quieter than expected. Most of these peolpe do not know the players in the Charlton team let alone the fans chants and songs lots of people arouns me in west upper from other clubs yesterday just hope 10% of them wish to come back on a regular basis.
  • Options
    Was there any trouble after? A Stevenage supporting facebook friend seemed to suggest so
    Few of their youngsters giving it at the station across the platform so we had a bit of verbal back. Then a charlton fan on the London bound side who was with his young son got one of them by the coat and picked him up...so funny. Never seen anyone shit themselves like it. Well done that man. Banter.
  • Options
    First 10 = Loud

Second Half = Loud

Banter towards Stevenage = Class
  • Options
    I thought the support for BWP was brilliant, hope it helps him to gain some confidence.

I sit in the Upper West and usually we have few people around us, but today it was full and the atmosphere was a lot better. I was very surprised though, when a few people near me booed at the half time whistle. I do like the chant that Stevenage fans and quite a few other team's fans have adopted, it is very effective.
    that chants is a palace thing we dont want to start doing that...

• Options
    I thought the 'we're better that spurs' and 'we'll never play you again was good' took a goal for us to get going but when it did it was brilliant
  • Options

If BWP had put those chances away === we would have had a greater atmosphere .....just could not take the piss at 1-0 and 2-0.

3-0 OR 4-0 we would have partied.

West stand were quiet

• Options
    I think it is a mistake to equate ''atmosphere'' with noise.

Charlton crowds may be quieter than some. But they're also smarter and wiser than the average, too.

I thought the atmosphere yesterday v Stevenage was superb. Even in the quieter moments, I'm sure the players could feel the goodwill and support of an intelligent and discerning crowd, who - for right or wrong - don't necessarily think that appreciation and support for your team is measured purely by yelling at the top of your voice!
  • Options
    I think it is a mistake to equate ''atmosphere'' with noise.

Charlton crowds may be quieter than some. But they're also smarter and wiser than the average, too.

I thought the atmosphere yesterday v Stevenage was superb. Even in the quieter moments, I'm sure the players could feel the goodwill and support of an intelligent and discerning crowd, who - for right or wrong - don't necessarily think that appreciation and support for your team is measured purely by yelling at the top of your voice!
    Completely agree with that. There was a great atmosphere at the game yesterday right from the off - there was just a really good "buzz" about the old place. So what if there wasn't much chanting at times?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great atmosphere, loved the whole day...was quite laughable when Stevenage sang "you've only come to see the borough"...I thought all those years of watching footy on telly has paid off for them
  • Options

Agree about the nerves, BRE. Definitely needed the goal to
    Those disapointed with atmosphere should remeber that with the vast number of first timers there yesterday it was always going to be quieter than expected. Most of these peolpe do not know the players in the Charlton team let alone the fans chants and songs lots of people arouns me in west upper from other clubs yesterday just hope 10% of them wish to come back on a regular basis.
    My thoughts exactly, msomerton

They'll join in next time they come.