Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done Airman and team.

BDLBDL
edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Look, I don't know if it's been said on any other thread, so feel free to sink, but huge congrats to Rick and everyone at the Valley for pulling today's promotion off.

There aren't as many of them as we had back in our Prem days, so the work involved must have been huge.

Well done Airman and Co.

Comments

• Options
    Second that.
    Best team with the best staff.
  • Options
    Yep well done to all concerned , after the match outside it was amazing battling with the sea of fans making their way out of the ground , it was like being back in the Premership again , and perhaps a glimpse of the future , would be interesting to know how many extra programmes we sold / what the revenue in the club shop was like and the overall nett effect financially.
  • Options
    Agree with the above.

Seems as there was always going to be one aim for this match......to sell out.

The first of 2 aims was a success, now onwards to the second.

Believe !!

• Options
    So how many tickets went un-sold or was an actual sell-out?

Great effort by the club, however many we eventually sold.
  • Options
    183 unsold
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    So how many tickets went un-sold or was an actual sell-out?

Great effort by the club, however many we eventually sold.
    Official attendance 26546 segregation in the Jimmy Seed stand meant 400 ish were kept clear apart from the 183 unsold.
  • Options
    Impressive.
  • Options
    Agreed, good work. Thanks
  • Options
    It was a great effort, although my excuse of having to take refuge in the Liberal club because of the hoards leaving the Valley didnt go down to well at home, so much so Mrs TCE met me at the bus stop and I had to buy her a drink in The Bull to pacify her. The things I do to keep the wife happy.
    The truth is, I said Redmidland is a bad influence ; )
  • Options
    Great effort that paid off with the performance on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said it on another thread but happy to repeat it. Well done Airman and team.

Pompey had a cheap ticket day today. They increased their normal gate by 3k to 17k. To get 26,500 for a third tier game is absolutely fantastic.

Well done as well to all those who helped promote it.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2012
    Congratulations to all. It shows the momentum we have going, and long may it continue. Hard work by so many different people within the club, not just for today's Football for a Fiver but in everything that has happened over the past year. Compare where we are now to where we were a year ago. Many on here were close to slitting wrists back then including me. Happy, happy times.
  • Options
    Got in 7 mins aftert ko due to crowd congestion. Weird but good
  • Options
    Congratulations and well done to all at the club who organised the £5 event.

(Grumpy is choking on humble pie)
  • Options
    183 unsold
    Not good enough. Must try harder... ;0)
  • Options
    It was an exceptional performance, well done to the team behind it and hopefully they are able to "bask" in the glory of a very successful activity.

it would be nice if local press and even the nationals that ignore us (and this division) see it as something that is newsworthy enough to report, but probably cancelled trains from Liverpool will take precedence.
  • Options
    Well done echoing thoughts above.

And whatever crafty bugger thought of the Hartlepool promotion hats off to them as well! Great idea to take advantage of people wanting to be there for the occasion ASAP.
  • Options
    Well done AB & his team!

Was there ever segregation of the JSS in the prem days or did away teams always sell their allocation?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Well done all concerned - wish I could have been there. What's happening for the Hartlepool game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @PrincessFiona

New promotion, tickets will be £10 Adults and £5 kids IF you buy them by end of March
  • Options
    In a world where people talk about sustainability and business plans ,the real success of the Back to the Valley campaign has only really been realised now.

Most of the time since 1992 it was relatively easy to build the club when we are successful on the pitch , but to maintain this progress as a club we have still made off the pitch when we have seen the worst Charlton team in my lifetime last season is nothing short remarkable.
  • Options
    Am due back in the UK in July, so looking forward to getting to games next season. Though trying for Carlisle away in April.
    I haven't renewed my season ticket whilst I've been posted overseas. What are my options for next season/is it worth getting it now?
  • Options
    Yes, well done all round. Some excellent marketing work there.

The £5 ticket promotion even got onto national radio. It featured as a question on Fighting Talk, where better to spend a fiver on sport than at Charlton Athletic? All their answers were rubbish of course as there is no place better to be than the Valley right now!
  • Options
    Largest third tier post war crowd at The Valley. Says everything you need to know about the effort that went into this promotion. Credit to everyone involved.
  • Options
    Great achievement. Only Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle and West Ham did better yesterday.
  • Options
    Brilliant effort which is sure to boost ticket sales for remaimder of the season
  • Options
    For any marketing campaign you look for a benchmark by which to measure the result, and where better than Pompey yesterday. A club apparently in mortal danger, a league higher, and playing a big name team. Could only get an additional 3k on the average gate ( and I dont know how many Leeds brought).
  • Options
    How did the superstore do............was it buzzing?
    Have all the gnomes gone?
  • Options
    It was so good to see the stadium packed yesterday,it makes such a difference to the players.Well done to Rick and his team.