Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well done Airman and team.

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've said it elsewhere but am happy to say it again - well done Airman, his team and the management of CAFC, the whole Charlton thing from tea lady to Mr Slater at The Valley and Sparrows Lane makes me proud to be a Charlton supporter.

ONE AIM
  • Options
    So good to see The Valley heaving today, and the team delivering on the pitch. Maybe a few other clubs' fans but it was the same in prem days, and if only a few come back it was well worth doing.

Well done to all concerned.
  • Options
    Am due back in the UK in July, so looking forward to getting to games next season. Though trying for Carlisle away in April.
    I haven't renewed my season ticket whilst I've been posted overseas. What are my options for next season/is it worth getting it now?
    If you buy by April 5th you get at this season price. After, I'm confident it will go up.
  • Options
    For any marketing campaign you look for a benchmark by which to measure the result, and where better than Pompey yesterday. A club apparently in mortal danger, a league higher, and playing a big name team. Could only get an additional 3k on the average gate ( and I dont know how many Leeds brought).
    Was Pompey a £5 ?
  • Options
    Yep well done to all concerned , after the match outside it was amazing battling with the sea of fans making their way out of the ground , it was like being back in the Premership again , and perhaps a glimpse of the future , would be interesting to know how many extra programmes we sold / what the revenue in the club shop was like and the overall nett effect financially.
    There was a difference between yesterday and the Prem days. In those days the crowd queuing for the London train included a lot of Scandinavians following Herman, Claus, Dennis Retc and Chinese following their captain and so on. This time you get the impression they were all there to see Charlton, the team.
  • Options
    Great effort by everyone. We're going up in more ways than one!
  • Options
    well done to all the staff , the day was great , i took a friend who has never been to a football match , he was stunned at how many people where there , how superb the valley is , and we won what more could you ask for
  • Options
    How did the superstore do............was it buzzing?
    Have all the gnomes gone?
    When I left the ground (after clapping off the players and watching SCP's tunnel antics) there was a logjam because people were queuing to get in the shop so hopefully they did a decent days business.
  • Options
    A geat effort all round.

I also heard it being discussed on Fighting Talk on Five Live yesterday morning. Colin Murray was very complementary, so all you Murray haters might have to rethink your position. Good on yer Colin!
  • Options
    For any marketing campaign you look for a benchmark by which to measure the result, and where better than Pompey yesterday. A club apparently in mortal danger, a league higher, and playing a big name team. Could only get an additional 3k on the average gate ( and I dont know how many Leeds brought).
    Was Pompey a £5 ?
    Price is obviously a factor but one would think that anyone with pretensions of supporting Portsmouth would turnout in their present circumstances as Prague intimates.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless Pompey's "promotion" was that they put the prices up!
  • Options
    Indeed well done especially to the guys and girls in the ticket office.
  • Options
    Great achievement. Only Chelsea, Man City, Newcastle and West Ham did better yesterday.
    4th largest crowd of the day, down in div 3 is a fantastic achievement
  • Options
    Congratulations to all involved, it was great to see The Valley full. With a performance like that, let's hope they all come back again!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Pompey knocked a fiver the normal price in the 2 days prior to the game. That meant a £30 seat was £25 according to the mrs who is a Pompey fan.
    Adding my congratulations as well for Airman and everyone involved in yesterday's cracking crowd. We had a 'stranger' in front of us. When the covered end sang 'you might as well go home' towards the end he got up and went. :-) Maybe he didn't realise it was aimed at the away fans.
  • Options
    A tremendous effort by all concerned and I am sure that we'll convert a number of waverers into season ticket holders in the Championship. It was a great day all round and one that made me feel immensely proud of the club. It was also fitting to have a full ground for the minute's applause.

A great idea also to offer a deal for the Hartlepool game on last day of the season - hopefully the presentation of the League 1 Championship trophy will encourage people to take the plunge.

What a difference a year makes...

• Options
    Yesterday was about as perfect as it can get. Full house thanks to Airman and colleagues, a wonderful performance with 3 points sending us even closer to our goal and weather to match. Still on a high.
  • Options
    183 unsold
    Not good enough. Must try harder... ;0)
    I would have sat on someone's lap.....