Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chesterfield Try #2

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
How many of you do you reckon will make it this time? I think it's fair to assume that there'll be no issues over the game. It's almost been BBQ weather in Derbyshire this weekend so a light jacket should be enough for an evening in my fair town.

Comments

• Options
    Can't see more than 500 to be honest.
  • Options
    Have than many tickets been returned? I just hope you take it easy thinking it'll be a stroll and we get our act together. IF those two things happen we've half a chance. We beat Sheffield Wednesday last week as you know but they're gash.
  • Options
    Have than many tickets been returned? I just hope you take it easy thinking it'll be a stroll and we get our act together. IF those two things happen we've half a chance. We beat Sheffield Wednesday last week as you know but they're gash.
    Ha ha too true!
  • Options
    Believe we have got between 7-800 going

• Options
    Any chance of some complacency?
  • Options
    Not with this lot I'm afraid :)
  • Options
    no chance. powell dosent allow it
  • Options
    Can't wait !
  • Options
    Had to take all mine back unfortunately. Normally leave work about 7/half 7. Think I'd be pushed to make it up the M1 for quarter to!
  • Options
    So gutted that I can't make it now , was really looking forward to it but no way I can get up there on a Tuesday.
    Think we will have about 700 up there , which is decent considering the Wendies bought less to ours on a weekday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taking half the day off school to get to this COYR!!
  • Options
    How much you getting fined?

• Options
    Taking daughter on a school night, telling her mum it would be aweful if she couldn't go as she was so disappointed when it was called off the other week. Will be her first night game. I don't know who's more excited, me or her? Of course i do, it's me of course. I've thought about little else since Tranmere. COYR. Well done to all that travel up on the night.
  • Options

airman stated 700 odd advanced sales , just a few wont have bothered to return em, so the official number will be better than the amount that show, a bit like rochdale at ours, people counted less in the stand than the actual figure given out

• Options
    @chambta I asked in the previous thread re best accommodation.

That thread got sunk, so i was told to bookmark it -pretty useless that on a sunk thread.

Anyway how far is Ringwood Hall from the ground, it says only a mile when i put the postcodes in. That bout right so fairly easy to walk to and from?

• Options
    Anywhere to park for free, where you won't get a ticket?
  • Options
    With respect, you have made a schoolboy error, confusing the word 'gash' with the word 'massive'
  • Options
    How many of you do you reckon will make it this time? I think it's fair to assume that there'll be no issues over the game. It's almost been BBQ weather in Derbyshire this weekend so a light jacket should be enough for an evening in my fair town.

As of Saturday night we had 740 sales, which means 800 + have been returned. Two of our original 4 can't make it. I'll be there, coach this time :-(
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Sorrry us southern softies are not as hardy as you northerners. I'll be in full winter gear tomorrow...........now where did I put my long Johns?
  • Options
    Off topic, but is anyone still waiting for a refund for the cancelled game? I gave my tickets and filled out a form at the valley but haven't seen anything in the account as of yet. (I appreciate it has been a busy week)

Ta
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not off topic - our 'ticket buyer' sent back 4 of our 7 on the tuesday after the postponement and as of Saturday han't been refunded.

Four of us off early tomorrow.
  • Options
    Ringwood Hall is where the club put up loan players whilst sorting accomodation. We had Jamal Campbell-Ryce on loan from you didn't we? He was caught in his room there er, 'entertaining' three local ladies!

It's actually well over two miles so I certainly wouldn't bother. Taxi will cost next to nothing so why waste drinking time?
  • Options
    If only my Mum would understand. : (
  • Options
    Off topic, but is anyone still waiting for a refund for the cancelled game? I gave my tickets and filled out a form at the valley but haven't seen anything in the account as of yet. (I appreciate it has been a busy week)

Ta
    It takes 3-5 days to get in your bank
  • Options
    If only my Mum would understand. : (
    Fond memories of teenage daughter having several orthodonist " appointments" one season so we could travel to away games midweek ! Didn't do her any harm...

Mind you, we played a lot of matches closer to home then : Derby, Leicester, Ipswich, Norwich, Watford come to mind.

• Options
    Derby 'a lot' closer to home?!
  • Options

Ta
    Not off topic - our 'ticket buyer' sent back 4 of our 7 on the tuesday after the postponement and as of Saturday han't been refunded.

Four of us off early tomorrow.
    I handed in a refund form Tuesday 14th & it was refunded to CC the next day. Cheque refunds take 7 days I believe.
  • Options
    I got a refund on my tickets took 2 to 3 working days
  • Options
    @chambta I asked in the previous thread re best accommodation.

That thread got sunk, so i was told to bookmark it -pretty useless that on a sunk thread.

Anyway how far is Ringwood Hall from the ground, it says only a mile when i put the postcodes in. That bout right so fairly easy to walk to and from?

Hi mate it would be easier for you to get a taxi from ring wood hall as its about two mile away. A taxi would cost you around 4 pound I'd think from ring wood hall. Try jonnos taxi if you decide to do this (01246 474747) however if you do have plenty of time and do decide to j walk up and then down the hill to the b2net there are several boozers along the way (5 mins from ring wood hall - top of hill).

Hope you boys go easy on us tomorrow. At this moment in time I'd love a point out of the game but let's wait and see.

Hope you all enjoy the visit to the b2net.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info guys. its for my husband so will let him know. He won't want to waste time walking then.