Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham

Comments

• Options
    I think most of us who live in Kent have a soft spot for the Gills, while harbouring an intense dislike for Scally.

They're only three pts off a play-off place and I hope they make it.

There's a natural order and moral superiority in them being a division below Charlton. But it doesn't have to be two!
    wrong you must be from medway the addicks from the other side of bluebell hill detest them may they rot in the lower leagues
  • Options
    Used to go to priestfield a fair bit in the 80's/early 90's when not attending a cafc game as one of my brother's a gilly. Never liked them and always found them to be millwall wannabies, even more so when scully (I only bought this club cos Theo would sell me the lions) took over. I live in Gravesend (which is not too far from gillingham) but never see anyone wearing their shirts around here.
  • Options
    My Granddad is Paul Scally's uncle
    In other words Paul Scally is your cousin (once removed).
  • Options
    Too far to worry about, I'm more interested in other London clubs.
  • Options
    So, if I have this right...

Your mother is your mother?
    Your brother is your brother?
    Paul Scally is another?
    The Bill Stumps family
  • Options
    I don't mind the Gills, it's that Scallywag that gets on my nerves.
  • Options
    Great game last night against Hereford, 0-2 down, came back to 2-2, then 2-4 down, finished up winning 5-4.
  • Options
    Grotty ( Town, fans, club & chairman )
  • Options
    I think most of us who live in Kent have a soft spot for the Gills, while harbouring an intense dislike for Scally.

They're only three pts off a play-off place and I hope they make it.

There's a natural order and moral superiority in them being a division below Charlton. But it doesn't have to be two!
    wrong you must be from medway the addicks from the other side of bluebell hill detest them may they rot in the lower leagues
    Quite right too Aylesford. Hopefully be in the same league as The Stones before too long.
  • Options

So, if I have this right...

Your mother is your mother?
    Your brother is your brother?
    Paul Scally is another?
    The Bill Stumps family
    No, you haven't got it right, though it is true that my mother is my mother and my brother is my brother! Try reading it again and see if you can work out just who is related to Paul Scally. (Here's a clue - it's not me.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never been on my radar. Im from Kent (orpington) but thats the London side of kent and Greater London and have always had an eye out for Millwall and palace's results in a rivalry sense as opposed to Gillingham as knowing a lot of millwall and palace but not one real gillingham supporter.

Suppose its different for those who may live down that way. Did want them to win the play off v man city years back if i recall though but more a case of because they were the underdog than anything.

• Options
    My father inlaw (tosser) used to play for them, apparently, thats reason enough for me to hate them.
  • Options
    My father inlaw (tosser) used to play for them, apparently, thats reason enough for me to hate them.
    But is he a middle class tosser? :-)
  • Options
    But is he a middle class tosser? :-)
    He can't be Len otherwise he would be on here

• Options
    "Gillingham's a Sithole, I wanna go home"

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/teams/first-team/midfielder/gerald-sithole/ 

Was on the bench on Saturday
  • Options
    BlackForestReds suitably disgraced stopped posting on here the following year (2013).
  • Options
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course but who would of thought eh?

Come back BFR we need your predictions more than ever!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Frankly who gives a toss? It's likely to be someime before we play them in the league - possibly we may never play them again - if they want to have a rivalry with us then let it be their concern.
    Nightmare
    That's  funny, but I don't think any comment  or Tweet has ever aged as badly as this one.......

• Options
    Currently losing 5-0 at home to Oxford - in total disarray - judging by Soccer Saturday, there will be more Oxford goals - what’s the betting that Gillingham beat us in the upcoming fixture at the Valley though !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Bang in trouble. Will be glad to not have to visit that shit tip next season.
  • Options
    Who remembers our hard fought point under Adkins 😂 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Bang in trouble. Will be glad to not have to visit that shit tip next season.
    It is the type of relegation season which will see them be in trouble next season. Not even being competitive in some matches 3rd time in 8th matches they have been battered by 4 goals.

• Options
    6-1 now 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    4 pens scored by Brannagan 😳
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    4 penalties. Would not happen with the big geezer there.
  • Options
    Oh no if they go down who will be our local rivals as the tedium of third tier wankness engulfs our club just a little bit more .
  • Options
    Oh no if they go down who will be our local rivals as the tedium of third tier wankness engulfs our club just a little bit more .
    I accompanied a friend today and whilst I asked him what his prediction was the best I got was "I just hope we score". I was a bit more anti and felt that Oxford could and would pump them. So went over 2.5, Oxford to win and Matty Taylor to score. Its a combo thats worked for me previously this season. After they flew into a 2 goal lead with a midfielder taking the penalty I was worried Taylor wouldn't get to dip his bread. 3 minutes later that was rectified. 

Gillingham were not short of effort, however they were so tactically naive, we know how to beat a Karl Robinson side, isolate the front 4 players and let them get stretched and stretched and whack more and more long balls. So Gillingham played O'Keefe who is a walking red card of a footballer, and Olly Lee in front of the back four. One of the back four, Tucker was class but the rest were appalling even Jackson who i really rated a couple of years ago to go on and get a big move somewhere. Little Danny Lloyd who changed the game when he came on against us didn't stop working and was rewarded with a consolation goal and then a very amusing fight over the ball at I think 5-1 "give me the fucking ball, we are still in this" 

Dempsey was class again and is a player I would love us to sign and inject some dynamism into the midfield. 

Their keeper had a stinker and their second penalty is hilarious, he did a cruyff turn on their forward and then ran out of ideas so wrestled their man to the ground who accepted the offer of the ball 

There was a very mild anti-Scally protest in the second half with a couple of helium cows with monopoly money stuck to them were paraded in front of the Rainham end and released. 

They are going down which is a shame as they are the closest thing we have to a Derby. El Crappico and those who moan about going there, we go to far, far worse places and grounds. 
  • Options
    So both Tucker and Dempsey were Class in a 7-2 defeat ?

Carter, you were there not me but that does sound strange !
  • Options
    May be they have given up and thought, stuff it?