Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Manchester Utd Yth v Charlton Ath Yth - FA Youth Cup Quarter Final 29 February 2012 - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dissapointed really am
  • Options
    Players in tears. I am nearly too.
  • Options
    shame those chances we had couldent be finished off.
  • Options
    Ah well. Great performance lads!
  • Options
    very unlucky the best team lost but i tell you now if we can keep hold of silva and azeez we will have a very bright future , we need to stay in the championship next season and then we will have a chance of seeing them make the 1st team
  • Options
    feel gutted.
  • Options
    Poor lads. They were the better team tonight.
  • Options
    i feel more gutted for them than when the first team lost.

what a real shame, what a tight bunch with some real talent there.
  • Options
    The team were better than United, gave everything and I feel proud of them.
  • Options
    Future looks good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    very unlucky the best team lost but i tell you now if we can keep hold of silva and azeez we will have a very bright future , we need to stay in the championship next season and then we will have a chance of seeing them make the 1st team

And a few others. I think they know we are a club going in the right direction but where they have a chance of making the first team.

Credit to Paul Hart but this team is the result of many years work from the like of Steve Avory, Steve Gritt and Damien Matthew.
  • Options
    Typical united. Nobody will remember United got lucky when the (most likely) go on and lift the cup. We were unlucky tonight, in a way it will make them come back stronger and better. If we can match the academy of the best football team in the world then surely there are only good times ahead.
  • Options
    Bless their cotton socks . SO proud of them all . What a fantastic advertisement for our magnificent Academy and their managers .
  • Options
    Well done lads- showed you were better than United. Man Utd player should have walked for that challenge and that ultimately cost us the game I think - hope our lad is ok.
  • Options
    this is a better team than the youth team with Jonjo waggy and solly
  • Options
    Proud of them and my club. One aim = one love
  • Options
    bloody hate united so so much!

lets go for the title boys

fa cup who gives a fcuk we're charlton athletic and we're going to win the league!
  • Options
    Sounds like they were really unlucky.

However, judging from the comments on here, the future looks very bright indeed. Look forward to some of them breaking into the first team.....being a Charlton fan means an embarrassment of riches at the moment!
  • Options
    Bless their cotton socks .
    Well done lads- showed you were better than United. Man Utd player should have walked for that challenge and that ultimately cost us the game I think - hope our lad is ok.
    Glad you said that Muttley ....It's exactly what I was thinking although I'm pretty sure that Paul & Steve won't highlight that as the reason we lost. Too professional like the rest of our people.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Outstanding effort.

Any doubts I had about whether the youngsters we've signed have the ability and attitude to contribute to the 1st team in the near future have been put to bed. We'll be seeing some of those lads lining up for CP sooner rather than later.

This wasn't a particularly old team either - 6 of those starting tonight can play in the competition again next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    undeserved lost,some great charlton prospects out there,gutted for the boys
  • Options
    What great football they played and always looked like scoring! Devastated for them but they should be really proud of that performance. They ran United's defence ragged.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Great game, done themselves and the club proud.
  • Options
    Again it's a great and proud time to be a Charlton supporter right now.
  • Options
    Very well done all of them. Was watching it and was very impressed with every single one of them. The future at charlton definetly is bright! Tobi sho shilva will go very far here at charlton.
  • Options
    Sho Silva looked a real prospect - but all teh lads played well and created more than United - really unlucky not to win it even when down to 10 men. Heads up!
  • Options
    Agreed the best team lost, but we do have some excellent prospects in there.
  • Options
    and the MUTV commentators knew we were the best side too. It obviously wasn't their brief to admit it, but they almost couldn't help themselves at times.
  • Options
    Our lads were the true winners tonight, only hope the vultures don't line up any of our sparrows.
  • Options
    Did Man Utd score in extra time? If so what minute?