Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Very Sad

the police officer shot by Raoul Moat found dead, the mental effect this had on him was just too much for him to bear R.I.P

Comments

• Just heard that on the radio. Very sad indeed.
  • yep couldnt believe it when i heard, moat got his wish which is a tragedy

RIP
  • terrible news
  • agreed very sad RIP. Feel for his family massively
  • very sad, RIP
  • Very sad.
  • @KBslittlesis was talking to him a few days ago as his tweets were really concerning. He seemed very troubled. So sad.

Cheered him on running the marathon last year. really shocked when I heard the news.

This is tragic news.
  • Very sad news he really was a victim in all this , terrible for all his family and friends
  • I also met him at the marathon last year. a very sad day. RIP David.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very sad, but you could see the tremendous strain/strains that he was living under in his TV interviews and appearances.......he tried his very best to carry on as best he could but speaking for myself I had the idea that there was so much strife there that it would end up even more tragicly than it had....and so it's proved.
    RIP fella RIP.
  • So so sad. Let's hope his charity will be now be remembered as his legacy and that the media has a total blackout of evil Moat and his misguided supporters.

RIP
  • RIP. Awful news.

• Tragic --so so sad - lets hope he has found peace.
  • Wow , very sad , we live in a mixed up world.
  • The sad thing is his kids he has left without a father.
  • Yeah - what a coward. Committing suicide after he was blinded by a maniac and had his entire life ruined. Have a word with yourself you Spanner prat. Awful business from start to finish - the media circus surrounding the shooting and subsequent manhunt, the preposterous 'support' from the usual ACAB brigade and the risible scenes of Gascoigne turning up with a box of fried chicken and a fishing rod. Now the real victim in all this is dead and all you can do is chuck that out there? You make me fucking sick.
  • What a horrific situation to find yourself in, god knows how I would deal with it. Feel sorry for all involved
  • Yeah - what a coward. Committing suicide after he was blinded by a maniac and had his entire life ruined. Have a word with yourself you Spanner prat. Awful business from start to finish - the media circus surrounding the shooting and subsequent manhunt, the preposterous 'support' from the usual ACAB brigade and the risible scenes of Gascoigne turning up with a box of fried chicken and a fishing rod. Now the real victim in all this is dead and all you can do is chuck that out there? You make me fucking sick.
    Bit harsh there Leroy.

Nowhere has he condemned the bloke. He's just stated that it's sad the kids are left with no father.

Nothing to dispute there surely.
  • Very sad news. Listened to a few of his interviews this morning and also David Blunkett speaking very eloquently about trying to stay in touch with him and the real difficulties there were for him coming to terms with having been blinded.

He had talked of being "visited" by Moat at night and only after the trial of his accomplices was he able to finally rid himself of that man's image.

Feel for his family, Rest in Peace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Must admit I was looking for comments SLL might have made in a previous post!!!! This is so sad and clearly provokes strong emotions. There is only one person to blame for this and fortunately he isn't alive, but the Police and society should ask the question whether there was anything more that could be done to support this man through such an incredible trauma. The answer may be nothing but the question should still be asked.
  • The sad thing is his kids he has left without a father.
    It may well be better in the long term for the children to come to terms with their loss rather than be brought up in an environment in which they are surrounded by morbidity and misery. It cannot be easy living with a father who has been severely disabled and really no longer wants to live.
  • Must admit I was looking for comments SLL might have made in a previous post!!!! This is so sad and clearly provokes strong emotions. There is only one person to blame for this and fortunately he isn't alive, but the Police and society should ask the question whether there was anything more that could be done to support this man through such an incredible trauma. The answer may be nothing but the question should still be asked.
    Same here. i thought something may have been deleted prior to me getting the chance to read it.
    Pity help those no good Moat sympathisers.

• From what little I can gather his marriage had also broken up and whilst he did not blame this on the incident it must have had some effect, the kids now going through a second/third trauma.
  • 'ACAB brigade?'
  • Leroy what you ranting for nothing offensive in what sparrows said
  • for a rant like that im guessin sparrows post was edited
  • Did he not get arrested for assaulting his wife ?
  • 'ACAB brigade?'
    five dots on a dice tattoo

• for a rant like that im guessin sparrows post was edited
    Not edited at all.