Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'They f*!k you up your mum and dad'

2»

Comments

• Options
    Christ,the Australians showing the way with regards to decorum. Things are worse than I thought.
  • Options
    One of the annoying things about it is that as a 'ref you are given a mark out of 100 by the other team. Basically, if it falls below 60 twice in a season the league send an official to watch you. These marks are purely subjective and obviously hugely emotive as they have to be given immediately after the game. I find it amazing that the league has a system where people can give a mark based on very little, by people who do not know me from Adam - and it be taken so seriously. But is it as easy for me to grade a manager or parent...of course it isn't.

Anyway, I'm sure (at the Marathon Ground) next week I'll be there ready for action again...
  • Options
    No, rugby league is their football, and as Ormy says, the parents and teams behave badly.
  • Options
    FA Level 1 coaching award should be compulsory to watch kids football. No exceptions.
    Cool idea. My 61 year old mum stood in the pouring rain this afternoon to support her grandson. I'll let her know she needs to do her badges.
    Ooohhh a sarcastic comment on CL, shock horror.
    Not badges, not three weeks off work and portfolios, but they should attend a 1 day workshop on child protection and general first aid. It ain't hard, 3or4 hrs out yr life. They should only be allowed to watch with an I'D badge so they can be reported for anything, I see an adult attack a 14 yo, two years ago I kid you not. I've heard threats of stabbing, been called a Cnut by a 13 yo, and this is a good standard Kent League football not rag ars rovers.
    I got called a white Cnut Saturday whilst playing, ref heard it, did he report it? What you reckon, he shit it.
    I have first hand experience at being an absolute arse to my kid during his younger years playing football and it wasn't till I done badges my eyes opened up.

• Options
    I play in the Selkent Under 17 League...and back in December in one of our games..the ref didn't turn up. Out of pure generosity, my Dad (not a referee) said he would referee the game despite not having refereed a game since my younger days ...the opposition were 3-0 up at half time...then in the second half, my Dad awarded a blatant penalty for our side after one of our players got elbowed in the face and started bleeding.

Anyway, a couple of minutes later, my Dad still receives abuse from the opposition players about the penalty decisions so he asks their coach to take off a player who was very close to getting sent off. Anyway, a fight breaks out on the pitch later in the game, and everyone tries to break it up, then the player who was asked to leave the pitch...comes running on and fly-kicks a player in front of me, so we grabbed hold of him and broke him away...he turns round and punches the first person he could see who unfortunately was my dad.

Since that game, my love in playing football decreased...i'm leaving my side at the end of the season, and i can't see myself going back..all because of some guy. Unbelievable.
    Hope that guy got banned for life its sine die for hitting the refereee. -hope your dad was ok....

I hope he got done for assault and battery - that's a criminal offence.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The main stumbling block I see regarding parents/supporters being asked to attend courses for an I.D badge is that most of these matches take place on public playing fields where any member of the general public can walk up and watch.

And what if the kids grandparents are down for the weekend visiting the kids. If they don't have badges does this mean they wouldn't be able to go along to watch their grandchild play football?

Agree that there is a major problem at this level (and has been for many years) but too many flaws in the i.d card system that I can see...
  • Options
    ID cards, coaching badges just because you want to watch your child or grandchild play football!

What's the word coming to?

Why should decent, innocent people be inconvenienced because of the behaviour of ill mannered undisciplined scum?

The answer is to kick offending families out of the club if the problem is really that bad.
  • Options
    Took my 6 year old son to his first tournament on Sunday.The manager is only a young fella and does not take things at all serious and the other mums and dads are as good as gold.
    The things I saw happening with the other teams however made me feel quite sick.I don't know about FA badges for spectators.
    I think restraining orders may be more suitable!
  • Options
    I wonder what they do in Spain/Italy/France - I somehow doubt that the parents/coaches spend all their time shouting for the long ball and clear it everytime the ball goes anywhere near the penalty area - there must be lessons we can learn. It is so disappointing to see how many junior teams set themselves up with the biggest kids to physically boss midfield and whose main attacking strategy is an over the top ball for the strikers to chase - and then jump on any kids who make a mistake misplacing a pass. May be effective short term - but what a way to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do you think the new initiative taken by the FA regarding restructuring kids football may eliminate this "must win" mentality that the parents possess?
  • Options
    ID cards, coaching badges just because you want to watch your child or grandchild play football!

Why should decent, innocent people be inconvenienced because of the behaviour of ill mannered undisciplined scum?

The answer is to kick offending families out of the club if the problem is really that bad.
    I think the answer is for other parents to have a quiet word before it goes that far.
  • Options

I think the answer is for other parents to have a quiet word before it goes that far.
    Agreed but in reality can these people be reasoned with given the way they behave?

If not, rather than inconvenience decent people as suggested above, kick the scum causing the problem out I say!
  • Options
    it is all down to the club that the child plays for

its not just the shouting its the direct contridiction of the coaches instruction that is given by loads of these tools because they know best

we have one dad who couldve made it as a player (yeah right) telling his fantastic centre half 11yr old son that he is not to dribble the ball out or play it wide to his midfielder or full back he is to get control of the ball and hit it into the channels and to not play it to weaker players as the ball would need to be perfect and if not would look bad on the CH

its not just the shouters who need to be educated i would ban all parents from the pitch side tbh

but it will never be allowed to happen
  • Options
    When I was younger the manager got fed up with the gobby parents so he got them all to a meeting and said that if any of them carry on the crap they keep shouting then he will drop their son from the team. Worked for a few weeks then they started again. So he started dropping them from the team. The parents either leant their lesson because they had stroppy kids to deal with or cleared off to another team