Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wonderful Messi

Comments

• Options
    messi is the best player to have ever lived, he's got so much more in him as well. Truly an honour being alive to see him play, my kids are gonna ask me "Dad, what was messi like as a player?" Just like i ask my dad of maradonna and pele
  • Options
    The kid is a freak of nature.
  • Options
    However Andy Townshend could call his fourth a tap-in, I will never know! Ridiculous angle for him to score from.

Amazing player.
  • Options
    However Andy Townshend could call his fourth a tap-in, I will never know! Ridiculous angle for him to score from.

Amazing player.
    Still an open goal tap in.

Best player to ever have lived. Love all the chips he does.
  • Options
    I hate the fact that I can't hate Messi. If he was a flash c**t like Ronaldo, or a s**t person like Maradonna it would be easy. All I can hold against him is that he plays for Barcelona.
  • Options
    Saying that, I still think he plays in a piss poor league that doesnt challenge him at all.
    Reckon it would be really interesting to see how he would do against teams like spurs, stoke, sunderland week in week out.
  • Options
    great player, unbelievable talent, still no Maradona though
  • Options
    Unbelievable player but i can't argue with what the commentator said though...Until he can do it on the world stage he can't be classed as the best ever.
    On that basis George Best was shite then.
    Is that what I said? Did I say he was shit? No, read it again dickhead.

woooo someones tired

think the fact he hasnt 'done it on the world stage' is that Argentina of recent years seem to either be poorly managed or shit the bed at crucial moments. not really a fair reflection of Messi's perfomances at the World Cup. He is simply outrageous as a footballer.
    It's a shame that you took my comment so personally Polo - I don't think I deserved that insult - an apology would be nice.
  • Options
    Saying that, I still think he plays in a piss poor league that doesnt challenge him at all.
    Reckon it would be really interesting to see how he would do against teams like spurs, stoke, sunderland week in week out.
    Serious ? The Spanish League is technically miles ahead of the Premier League. Just because the top two sides are miles ahead of the rest doesn't mean the "rest" are bobbins. The English League has only recently become more competitive (i.e. not Man United/Chelsea or Man Utd/Arsenal miles ahead of everyone else) because of an overall reduction in quality.
  • Options
    I reckon he'd get in my 5 a side team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh the old can he do it on a wet and windy night in Stoke argument. Well he has played all over Europe and sometimes in some awful conditions whilst having lumps kicked out of him and he seems to have done well so far.
  • Options
    Just say sorry Polo
  • Options
    Yeah the 'world stage' thing is nonsense. The guy's games-to-trophy ratio is one trophy every 17 games! He's scored 48 in 40 this season, with 20 assists.

To say he's not an all time great because he plays in an international team once managed by a drug scoffing nutcase (who picked another striker based on a dream he had the day before picking the team) is, as I say, nonsense.
  • Options
    I hate the fact that I can't hate Messi. If he was a flash c**t like Ronaldo, or a s**t person like Maradonna it would be easy. All I can hold against him is that he plays for Barcelona.
    I agree. One of the best players at one of the biggest clubs in the world and not a bit of it appears to have gone to his head (not that it would have very far to go...)
  • Options
    I agree. One of the best players at one of the biggest clubs in the world and not a bit of it appears to have gone to his head (not that it would have very far to go...)
    Why would you want to hate him?
  • Options
    Just say sorry Polo
    This
  • Options
    I reckon he'd get in my 5 a side team.
    Would he get into Father Ted's 5-a-side team ?
  • Options
    Envy.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I watched that documentary about Messi last night on Itv 4 , they said he'd scored 17 hat tricks in his career , and he's only 24 years old ( Possibly 18 Hat tricks now , didn't know if it included the 5 goals he got last night) puts it in perspective how we get excited with BWP scoring 1 , goodness knows what we'd be doing if we had a player that had score 17 hat tricks!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Slater out .. he promised us Messi, mind you I suppose we did have a messy end to last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched that documentary about Messi last night on Itv 4 , they said he'd scored 17 hat tricks in his career , and he's only 24 years old ( Possibly 18 Hat tricks now , didn't know if it included the 5 goals he got last night) puts it in perspective how we get excited with BWP scoring 1 , goodness knows what we'd be doing if we had a player that had score 17 hat tricks!
    We would be in massive debt, like Barcelona.
  • Options

Envy.
    Yeah, no I don't get that at all. Maybe you should look for inspiration instead!
  • Options
    Someone uses their god given talent to make loads of money. How can that inspire a no talent middle aged bloke like me, Jim?
  • Options
    Yeah the 'world stage' thing is nonsense. The guy's games-to-trophy ratio is one trophy every 17 games! He's scored 48 in 40 this season, with 20 assists.

Games to trophy ratio ! Greatest stat ever !!
  • Options
    They's have had to do some ninja editing to have included last night's hat trick!

• Options
    Unbelievable player but i can't argue with what the commentator said though...Until he can do it on the world stage he can't be classed as the best ever.
    On that basis George Best was shite then.
    Is that what I said? Did I say he was shit? No, read it again dickhead.

woooo someones tired

think the fact he hasnt 'done it on the world stage' is that Argentina of recent years seem to either be poorly managed or shit the bed at crucial moments. not really a fair reflection of Messi's perfomances at the World Cup. He is simply outrageous as a footballer.
    It's a shame that you took my comment so personally Polo - I don't think I deserved that insult - an apology would be nice.
    This!
  • Options
    I don't WANT to hate him, it would just be nice to think the man's fallible instead of a great guy who happens to be an absolute genius with a football.
  • Options
    Hope powell was watching tonight and tempted him into making a summer bid for messi. 500 k plus leon clarke should just about do it I reckon.

Imagine. Kermorgant and messi upfront. Simply wonderful
    Ah, but he'd be no good at getting onto long throws into the box, so better keep Clarke instead :-)

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Why do you want to hate him though? I think it's brilliant that he's a simpy, outstanding footballer that everyone likes. Rather that than an arsehole you can't help admitting is top class, like Maradona.

Edit : Just seen above - ignore me!
  • Options
    Just say Solly.