Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simple Pleasures

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2007
    when paul van dyk dropped this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1AEZYRUB6U
    at cream@ The Nation
    i was as Charltondan would say 'off my tits'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]when paul van dyk dropped thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1AEZYRUB6U
    at cream@ The Nation
    i was as Charltondan would say 'off my tits'

Sharing water and sticks of chewing gum with complete strangers!! Oh happy days!!
  • Options
    Walking in out of the freezing cold into a nice warm cosy pub with a roaring fire.

Leaving work when you've got a half day. That feeling building up as you stride towards the door knowing that you haven't got to come back from lunch is almost orgasmic (for me, anyway!)

Agree with AFKA about the fresh sheets - lovely!

Also, putting on brand new socks. (weird, I know!)
  • Options
    Buying a new book and keeping it in the bag all the way home to delay the pleasure of opening it.

Saying something in a foriegn language and a native speaker understanding you.

Turning on the telly to find an old black and white film you watched as a kid and saying "their all in it" just like you Mum and Dad did.

Watching the Simpsons with my son and him laughing because I am.

having a light hearted arguement over something silly in the pub with mates.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Buying a new book and keeping it in the bag all the way home to delay the pleasure of opening it.

Now that is open to interpretation! "Book" eh?

Alan Partridge anyone?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeakeysRocket[/cite]kicking a football back. i can't help myself and just have to get it.

I'm the same!

a couple of years ago some young oiks kept playing football near my house and the ball kept bouncing off of cars and windows much to everybody's annoyance and generally i took it upon myself let them know of our displeasure and to increase their knowledge of anglo-saxon phrases when they started up...then one day I was outside getting something out of the car and the ball accidently/deliberatly comes in my direction...suddenly that sunday morning footballer instinct took over and, without thinking, i nonchalantly tapped it back, only i must have caught it in the sweet spot and it went like a rocket, straight at one of these lads and whacked him hard...they all looked totally shocked and just stared at me...things looked nasty for a moment then i says that's how you kick a ball...they never did come back after that...

mind you, why their parents were letting their 5 year old kids play in the road beats me...

lol, that made me larf LT, good stuff man!
  • Options
    the first time my son called me daddy
    :-)
  • Options
    Watching Father Ted - i've seen each episode a million times but they still make me laugh
    The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
  • Options
    Having a long soak in the bath

Hearing a classic song on the radio that you haven't heard for ages

The smell of fresh cut grass

finding some money in your pocket that you forgot was there (alas, this rarely happens!)
  • Options
    Wandering round a bookshop

reading a bed time story to the kids
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]sitting indoors watching my yorkshire puddings/cakes rise, whilst covered in a duvet in my pyjamas, sat on the sofa looking out the window with the rain lashing down knowing i dont have to go out. :-)

Where's your oven Suzi????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]

reading a bed time story to the kids

Funny you should say that as I did this for my Neice for the first time last night, I think I enjoyed it more than her..! Love Thomas the Tank Engine me...!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Buying a new book and keeping it in the bag all the way home to delay the pleasure of opening it.

Now that is open to interpretation! "Book" eh?

Alan Partridge anyone?

How dare you! I mean a proper book with big words not a smutty mag. len did say keep it clean ;-)
  • Options
    Cooking steaks on the Bar B Q for a garden full of friends on a warm summers evening
  • Options
    looking at the premiership table at the end of each season and saying 'i was wrong again , we did stay up!'
  • Options
    Oakster - a fellow Stone Roses fan!! Fantastic album
  • Options
    Lying in bed listening to the bird song
    Waking up to find it's snowed in the night
    Book shops, second hand ones in particular
    Cuddling up with my son and daughter on the sofa watching Madagaskar
    Fishing on a warm summer evening. Just being there
    Picking field mushrooms. The excitement of spotting them in the grass
    A roaring fire on a frosty winters night
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Lying in bed listening to the bird song

Wiv a little bit of this and a little bit of that and shake your...
  • Options
    Orpington - Manchester Poly 1987-1991 - i had no choice!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stanmoreaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]sitting indoors watching my yorkshire puddings/cakes rise, whilst covered in a duvet in my pyjamas, sat on the sofa looking out the window with the rain lashing down knowing i dont have to go out. :-)

Where's your oven Suzi????

in our current flat, kitchen is L shaped to the living room so i can watch the oven!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: orpinton addick[/cite]Oakster - a fellow Stone Roses fan!! Fantastic album

I am the ressurection was just on the radio! tune.
  • Options
    stone roses rock man
  • Options
    The smell of the white towel used when our daughters were little... you know that baby smell

A crunchie bar knowing it is low calorie compared to a chilled Mars Bar!

A pint of real ale around a real fire in a smoke free pub

A fried double yolk egg sandwich on thick white crusty buttered bread with salt, white pepper and Heinz tomato ketchup

Mrs Lat!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]
    Mrs Lat!

aww thats beautiful that is.
  • Options
    walking into a good record shop
    vinyl - as in LP's
    John Peel's voice (god rest his soul)
    a fresh unread Uncut &/or Mojo
    Monday mornings new releases on Napster
  • Options
    walking over London Bridge and seeing Tower Bridge, the river and the HMS Belfast
  • Options
    watching bands play live,
    the sound of the doorbell when the pizza delivery has turned up,
    beer so cold the glass goes misty,
    playing football in the rain,
    enjoying a drink on a Friday night knowing that i'm going to Charlton the next day,
    mastering a guitar riff you have been trying to suss out for ages,
    first cup of tea of the day,
    cold pillow. ( cant let it get warm have to keep turning it over)
    taking off my shoes and socks off when i get home from work
  • Options
    Getting to eat the nobbly bit from a freshly baked crusty loaf of bread.
    Singing along to certain records loudly and tunelessly when no-one is around to hear.
    A really good thunderstorm
    Finally remembering where I've seen some actor in a film / TV show before.
    Getting back into a nice warm bed on a cold morning.
    Watching the kites on Blackheath on a windy day
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]cold pillow. ( cant let it get warm have to keep turning it over)

i thought i was the only lunatic that loves things like that. reckon i turn my pillows over about 10 times a night
  • Options
    Oakster et al - great time to be in Manchester (Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, The Smiths etc...). I went to Sheffield Poly a few years before that and saw the Human League and ABC playing very small venues...oh salad days.

Not sure if you saw the Manchester Passion last Easter - a rather bizarre modern retelling of the crucifiction using loads of Manchester music (I seem to remember seeing one of the Gallagher brothers in a paddy wagon). Keith Allen was Pontius Pilate!!
    Guess what the final song was??? I am the Resurrection...pure class