Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colonoscopy (I know!)

Comments

• Options

memories are made of this .. doo doo .. doo doo
  • Options

I'd always wondered what the inside of a basking shark looked like.
  • Options
    And yes that is shit !
  • Options
    Is that a wouldya?
  • Options

Is that a wouldya?

If it is, I'd like to declare meslf out! Ffs

• Options

And yes that is shit !

I should hope it is - wouldn't want to find something else up an arsehole!!

• Options
    stranger things have been recovered from the human anus
  • Options
    Carter said:

A jar of Epicure pickled onions for one !

• Options
    I agree, worse part of it was the drink the night before but nowhere near as bad as I thought. Had to have an endoscopy a few weeks back, thankfully took the sedative, can't imagine having that without one, that was quite uncomfortable. Hope all is okay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was put under general for the colonoscpy, but had a cystoscopy with nothing. Never felt much, only a bit of discomfort as the camara entered me bladder..
  • Options

Carter said:

A jar of Epicure pickled onions for one !

Much more classy than a supermarket's own brand though, don't you think?
  • Options
    Kangaroo tumour? I've heard it all now.

• Options
    Had one in April and it was fine they give you are sedative so you don't feel hardly anything. The preperation is much worse that the actual proceedure but hell it's better than having a late diagnosis for bowel cancer!
  • Options
    it was a little uncomfortable, but being able to see inside my own body was fascinating and more than compensated for it<?(%-}}>
  • Options
    oh yeah i forgot about the stuff they give you to clear your gut? that was fun but you may be " touching cloth " a bit closer than you would like?
  • Options
    The enema beforehand is really horrible and then the tube up the hole is none too nice either. No two ways about this, it's going to be an all round unpleasant experience. I hope the right result comes out though.
  • Options
    I had one a few years back, and I am glad I had it done as it was that which ruled out anything sinister and made me realise I had nothing more than some stress induced IBS.

Tell you what, I have never had the trots (IBS or otherwise) like I had after I drank the lemon drink. Christ Almighty - I remember taking it at midday ish. And there I was at 3am watching the Red Sox win the world series whilst running back and forth from the bog pissing out my arse.

Jokes aside, it is only a bit of the runs. And they do sedate you for the main procedure. It was just a tad uncomfortable. I remember being as giddy as anything afterwards. My wife said I was wheeled out the room shouting at the top of my voice - "that was amazing, I just saw inside my own bumhole". She almost wilted in shame.
  • Options
    Moviprep, now that's an experience!
  • Options

I had one a few years back, and I am glad I had it done as it was that which ruled out anything sinister and made me realise I had nothing more than some stress induced IBS.

Tell you what, I have never had the trots (IBS or otherwise) like I had after I drank the lemon drink. Christ Almighty - I remember taking it at midday ish. And there I was at 3am watching the Red Sox win the world series whilst running back and forth from the bog pissing out my arse.

Jokes aside, it is only a bit of the runs. And they do sedate you for the main procedure. It was just a tad uncomfortable. I remember being as giddy as anything afterwards. My wife said I was wheeled out the room shouting at the top of my voice - "that was amazing, I just saw inside my own bumhole". She almost wilted in shame.

Sorry Damo, I just laughed out loud at that last bit!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit of a thread resurrection but couldn't find a more current one. 

Going for a colonoscopy tomorrow and just about to drink the sh1ts inducing drink... not looking forward to this bit! 
  • Options

Going for a colonoscopy tomorrow and just about to drink the sh1ts inducing drink... not looking forward to this bit! 
    Do NOT get on that moped! 
  • Options

I had one about a year ago.
    The procedure is nothing to worry about at all.
    Purging yourself before is not great, but it's not as if it makes you feel unwell.
    Wish you well.
  • Options

Good luck mate.

I have had 2 in the last few months. 

On my first one I was scared shitless (excuse the pun). 

You need 3 days off work.

1) to take the movieprep the day before (as you will be on the toilet a lot with the D's). 
    2) the day of the colonoscopy (have you gone with the sedative thing.  I did, so that I didn't feel the tube, when it starts to wear off they will give you a bit more as it is very painful), 
    3) You will feel sore afterwards (and be careful for what you eat other, light food, nothing too heavy. 

I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy as and it confirmed I had an inflammed gallbladder, hiatus hernia, and they discovered 4 x polyps.  3 of them were removed on the first colonoscopy. 
    The 2nd colonoscopy was to determine wether they can remove the 4th one on a 3rd colonoscopy or invasive surgery. They will plan in to have the 4th polyp removed on a colonoscopy but on 10th June I had my gallbladder removed on 10th June. 

Thankfully they are not cancerous. 

I wasn't looking forward to it, but I am glad I had it done and "looking forward" to my 3rd one. 

Try not to worry about it. 

The yucky drink (movieprep) was tasteless. 

• Options
    I can't be arsed to find out what a colonoscopy is.
  • Options
    Sad to say, I've had quite a few of these over the years (u.c.) . My top tips are;
    Book the afternoon session.
    Chill that drink, Moviprep or whatever it's called thesedays. The colder it is, the less gross it tastes.
    Do not venture far from the kharzi. You're gonna need it, you won't make it upstairs first time, there is very little notice given.
    Ask for lots of drugs. Tell them you are very nervous. The sedative works. I highly recommend it, I always ask for the full load.
    Eat very plain food after. My go to is a ham sandwich with water. 
    I wish you all the best mate.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Rudders22 said:

Good luck mate.

I have had 2 in the last few months. 

On my first one I was scared shitless (excuse the pun). 

You need 3 days off work.

1) to take the movieprep the day before (as you will be on the toilet a lot with the D's). 
    2) the day of the colonoscopy (have you gone with the sedative thing.  I did, so that I didn't feel the tube, when it starts to wear off they will give you a bit more as it is very painful), 
    3) You will feel sore afterwards (and be careful for what you eat other, light food, nothing too heavy. 

I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy as and it confirmed I had an inflammed gallbladder, hiatus hernia, and they discovered 4 x polyps.  3 of them were removed on the first colonoscopy. 
    The 2nd colonoscopy was to determine wether they can remove the 4th one on a 3rd colonoscopy or invasive surgery. They will plan in to have the 4th polyp removed on a colonoscopy but on 10th June I had my gallbladder removed on 10th June. 

Thankfully they are not cancerous. 

I wasn't looking forward to it, but I am glad I had it done and "looking forward" to my 3rd one. 

Try not to worry about it. 

The yucky drink (movieprep) was tasteless. 

very painful? 

Didn’t find it that much of an inconvenience or particularly painful.

Yes, you shit a lot with the preparation but that’s no bad thing and I just stayed at home. So, again not that inconvenient!

Personally, I didn’t find it that uncomfortable, can’t remember if I had a sedative, don’t think so because if you do, they normally want someone to collect you from the hospital.

I enjoyed watching the imagery as it went through my body, very fascinating.
  • Options
    I’ve had 2 examinations of this ilk !!!

I actually didn’t mind the Moviprep - felt very nicely cleaned out afterwards !!

The procedure is nothing to be scared of - it’s a bit odd seeing your own insides though !!!

I have also had the one that they do down your throat - now that is highly unpleasant 

I also had to swallow an ultra mini camera and spent the day walking round with what I can only describe as a mouse mat around my stomach - it had a screen on it, and at any point I could look on a screen and see my insides between the bottom of my throat and the start of my intestines !!!

Now that was VERY weird

Net result was that I was anaemic 😂
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Oh - request the sedative

And drink the Moviprep mixed with Robinson Barley Water 

I also drank 5 pints of water after the Moviprep - sped up the process hugely 

The first dump after Moviprep is monumental - epic in fact - my wife could not believe the noise coming out of our bathroom - made me laugh so much, I had tears coming out of my eyes I was laughing so much 

But - importantly - the procedure is nothing to worry about - it’s the worry that they find something that worries you 
  • Options
    I’ve had 2 examinations of this ilk !!!

I actually didn’t mind the Moviprep - felt very nicely cleaned out afterwards !!

The procedure is nothing to be scared of - it’s a bit odd seeing your own insides though !!!

I have also had the one that they do down your throat - now that is highly unpleasant 

I also had to swallow an ultra mini camera and spent the day walking round with what I can only describe as a mouse mat around my stomach - it had a screen on it, and at any point I could look on a screen and see my insides between the bottom of my throat and the start of my intestines !!!

Now that was VERY weird

Net result was that I was anaemic 😂
    I found the 1st dose didn't taste too bad, I've made up the 2nd dose in advance, that smells awful, but needs must. Just waiting for the fun to begin!

Not too worried about the actual examination, having the sedative so don't expect too much discomfort.