Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Colonoscopy (I know!)

124»

Comments

• Options
    Had a quite a few of these types of procedures from one end or the other.
    The fear and trepidation is always much worse than the actual event imo.
    So good luck and please come back with vivid descriptions of everything that happened.
  • Options
    Had a few in my time. Never found it that uncomfortable, never had the sedative, fascinating to watch on the screen, never needed a day off afterwards.

Taking the prep is worse than the actual procedure.

As for a ham sandwich with water, wouldn’t recommend it as the bread is too soggy to be able to eat it.

Good luck.
  • Options
    The worst thing with the moviprep is the consistency of the drink, doesn't feel right. I found the whole experience literally painless, except for how hungry I was. Also I think I was still a bit sedativey afterwards and the nurse gave me a custard cream while I waited to be allowed to leave. I still had the cannula in the arm that was holding the biscuit so every time I tried to lift it to my mouth it jabbed the needle deeper in. So instead of just switching the hand the biscuit was in like a normal person I just threw it at my mouth without bending my arm. It did not go well. I did not get to eat a custard cream. So don't do that basically.
  • Options
    Bit of a thread resurrection but couldn't find a more current one. 

Going for a colonoscopy tomorrow and just about to drink the sh1ts inducing drink... not looking forward to this bit! 
    You couldn't make this 'shit' up.
    I started on a pint of Plenvu at 6pm as well.

2nd pint going down now. 

Colonoscopy 9.45am tomorrow @ Lewisham Hospital. 
  • Options
    Cheers! 
  • Options

Going for a colonoscopy tomorrow and just about to drink the sh1ts inducing drink... not looking forward to this bit! 

2nd pint going down now. 

Just finishing my 2nd one now, tastes revolting, 1st one was OK though. 

Mines at QE in the morning. 

Good luck
  • Options
    I'm in Greenwich for a couple of days. Might pop over. Any seats left?
  • Options

2nd pint going down now. 

Just finishing my 2nd one now, tastes revolting, 1st one was OK though. 

Mines at QE in the morning. 

Good luck
    No bottom pics  :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you want to lose half a stone overnight 3 packets of picolax will sort you out.

Had the process a couple of times and they gave the option of being awake or asleep. Only issue if the tube cant make its way round they half a cold lubricant attached to the nozzle which they inject to make the route easier.

Something that even if its a minor scare is worth having a look to see whats going on.

Hope all is well.
  • Options
    I mixed the drink with orange squash, as long as it's not a strong colour like Ribena it won't stain your insides. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I’ve had 2 examinations of this ilk !!!

I actually didn’t mind the Moviprep - felt very nicely cleaned out afterwards !!

The procedure is nothing to be scared of - it’s a bit odd seeing your own insides though !!!

I have also had the one that they do down your throat - now that is highly unpleasant 

I also had to swallow an ultra mini camera and spent the day walking round with what I can only describe as a mouse mat around my stomach - it had a screen on it, and at any point I could look on a screen and see my insides between the bottom of my throat and the start of my intestines !!!

Now that was VERY weird

Net result was that I was anaemic 😂
    Oh - request the sedative

And drink the Moviprep mixed with Robinson Barley Water 

I also drank 5 pints of water after the Moviprep - sped up the process hugely 

The first dump after Moviprep is monumental - epic in fact - my wife could not believe the noise coming out of our bathroom - made me laugh so much, I had tears coming out of my eyes I was laughing so much 

But - importantly - the procedure is nothing to worry about - it’s the worry that they find something that worries you 
    I’ve had 2 examinations of this ilk !!!

I actually didn’t mind the Moviprep - felt very nicely cleaned out afterwards !!

The procedure is nothing to be scared of - it’s a bit odd seeing your own insides though !!!

I have also had the one that they do down your throat - now that is highly unpleasant 

I also had to swallow an ultra mini camera and spent the day walking round with what I can only describe as a mouse mat around my stomach - it had a screen on it, and at any point I could look on a screen and see my insides between the bottom of my throat and the start of my intestines !!!

Now that was VERY weird

Net result was that I was anaemic 😂
    I found the 1st dose didn't taste too bad, I've made up the 2nd dose in advance, that smells awful, but needs must. Just waiting for the fun to begin!

Not too worried about the actual examination, having the sedative so don't expect too much discomfort. 
    No offence meant, but this read so much better in my head with @Carter doing the voice over! ;)
  • Options
    Just a word of advice.

I had a colonoscopy at QEH at the end of April. They took some biopsies, and the doctor said the results could take up to 6 weeks (that's a ridiculously long time, but believable because since the labs have been privatised they're in a complete mess).  As I hadn't heard after a couple of months, I phoned the hospital, who told me they'd sent my GP a letter in early May.  Eventually I managed to get through to my GP practice, who told me that the hospital had put me as cc on the letter, and they hadn't contacted me themselves as I was all clear. I asked for a copy of the letter, and they're correct, so I think it's QEH's fault that I wasn't contacted.  I shall take it up with PALS.

So, if you haven't had confirmation of any results, do chase them up, and sooner rather than later.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    Celebratory curry & pint.
    Not recommended but what the hell. 
  • Options
    I think the Guinness will be more bothersome than the curry tbh
  • Options
    Celebratory curry & pint.
    Not recommended but what the hell. 
    Nice dress.
  • Options
    Well. I have my colonoscopy today at 3pm. my 4th time. I have gone through sedatives every time. I am expecting Sandgaard to be our owner before I go in and "come round" after to find out we have new owners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Well. I have my colonoscopy today at 3pm. my 4th time. I have gone through sedatives every time. I am expecting Sandgaard to be our owner before I go in and "come round" after to find out we have new owners.
    Best of luck mate. I had one on just gas as it was my birthday weekend and you cant drink for 24hr's after, was fine.