Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

B.U.A.V. (British Union Abolition Vivisection).

13»

Comments

• Options
    I do understand what certain people are saying, what gives us the right to mistreat animals, humans dont own earth and everything in it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    If the cleaning products in City Hall's bogs are the biggest issue affecting London then heaven help us all.

They should train animals to clean the toilets anyway - the training can be as pleasant or as painful as the animal wants to make it. That should get the animal's attention and stop it moaning about a bit of soap in its eye.

• Options
    If the cleaning products in City Hall's bogs are the biggest issue affecting London then heaven help us all.

They should train animals to clean the toilets anyway - the training can be as pleasant or as painful as the animal wants to make it. That should get the animal's attention and stop it moaning about a bit of soap in its eye.

I'd get my money back from that charm-school you went to if I were you PL54 !
    ;-)

• Options

;-)

Kisses - seeing you Friday at the ground I think ?

• Options
    Will be there.
    sent you an "inbox" message.
  • Options

;-)

Kisses - seeing you Friday at the ground I think ?
    Will be there.
    sent you an "inbox" message.
    Don't start throwing your threats my way
  • Options
    Watch it or I'll send the missus round......
    D'oh !
  • Options
    Wouldn't need to test on animals if the campaigners would volunteer for experiments themselves.
  • Options
    Have done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BUAV ‏@thebuav
    2011 saw the highest number of animal experiments for 25yrs. Please ask your MP to sign EDM 405 to reduce these tests http://www.buav.org/find-your-mp
  • Options

BUAV ‏@thebuav
    2011 saw the highest number of animal experiments for 25yrs. Please ask your MP to sign EDM 405 to reduce these tests http://www.buav.org/find-your-mp

Do you have a link to the evidence as well as a link to finding my MP?
  • Options
    DRF said:

BUAV ‏@thebuav

BUAV - The Campaign to End All Animal Experiments
    13 September
    BUAV shocked by rise in Welsh animal experiments.

The BUAV has today criticised a large 14.2% increase in the number of animals used in experiments in Wales during 2011. The total number of animals used was 53,311 which is 6,609 more than in 2010. The figures have come to light following questions tabled by Jonathan Evans, Conservative MP for Cardiff North.

During 2011, there were 44,356 mice, 4,249 rats, 746 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits, 279 sheep, 254 birds and 3,400 fish used in experiments.

Read more here: http://bit.ly/PlRB2o

Got this for now....will get further evidence later.

• Options
    Hmmm most of them seem to be (albeit loosely in some cases) for medical research. None seem to suggest testing products on aminals or anything so I can't help but wonder if the increase is releated to more newer drugs on the market / in testing stage.

The 'affect of obesity on learning' one is pretty stupid but I assume they draw out the worst ones rather than the animal test which resulted in a decrease in cancer deaths.
  • Options

DRF said:

BUAV ‏@thebuav

BUAV - The Campaign to End All Animal Experiments
    The BUAV has today criticised a large 14.2% increase in the number of animals used in experiments in Wales during 2011. The total number of animals used was 53,311 which is 6,609 more than in 2010. The figures have come to light following questions tabled by Jonathan Evans, Conservative MP for Cardiff North.

During 2011, there were 44,356 mice, 4,249 rats, 746 guinea pigs, 2 rabbits, 279 sheep, 254 birds and 3,400 fish used in experiments.

Well at least the Welsh have moved away from "experimenting" exclusively on sheep