Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

On the Pitch!

Comments

• Options
    Could do the big flag that day. That way you get a pitch pass and can go on the pitch while the players are doing their lap of honour.

Only thing is you can never get anyone to help out so might as well not bother.
    What about the ball boys Henry? They seem to do f*uk all these days.
    ;o)

We'll be kicking off next season before they have unfolded it
    They'll be sitting there not 15 feet away just staring at it waiting for it to unfold itself.
  • Options
    It's probably a thing for the past at The Valley in this day and age.
    However, when we won promotion against Preston in 1975 I got on the pitch & it was superb.
    I must admit to being a 13 year old, standing against the front railings of The Covered End & asking a copper if I could run on at the end and he said no.
    On the final whistle, the bigger lads & men started piling on, so I took a chance and climbed on, just avoiding the copper & I ran as fast as I could.
    Great memories for a kid, celebrating on the pitch.
    Not sure if you'd get the same buzz 37 years later, but think you might.
    Some of you guys are too sanitised. If you have no get up and go now, I'd hate to think how miserable you will be when you hit the retirement years.
  • Options
    PS I was on the pitch at Carlisle as well.
  • Options
    PPS and the half time protest at the last game at The Valley in 1985.
  • Options
    well ive done the hatrick of getting on (and off) our 'home' pitches over the years!

i thank you.
  • Options
    All it takes is one i think, in the north lower at half time against swindon in the play off an 'on the pitch' chant was started...but that didn't materialise strangely. An also, north upper just need to go down both quads an you're there...
  • Options
    If BDL & Airman invade the pitch they should be banned!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Surely the other C Powell will be armed to the teeth? F that. I don't fancy getting chased around the pitch with a pitchfork! Last time I ran on the pitch ( at Selhurst when we beat Everton 3-2 Melrose hat trick! ) I got punched in the chest by the rozzers.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSlEedi0Sms i'll try and crowd surf from the north upper
  • Options
    I got on briefly at Bournemouth. 90th minute winner, moment took me away lol wherever we seal promotion we should run on...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got on briefly at Bournemouth. 90th minute winner, moment took me away lol wherever we seal promotion we should run on...

Tell me about it. I jumped over a barrier i would never get over if i tried again.

Missus is on the pitch in that Stoke vid, silly bint risking the club 'getting a fine'
  • Options
    I was on the pitch for the 2nd leg of the play-offs in 98 and managed to grab the corner flag closest to the tunnel.

Mind you, I was a steward at the time just following instructions.................................
  • Options
    Was u on too @ bournemouth? There was me my mate and 1 other lad! Club won't mind a £10k fine if we get promoted! Doubt it will happen anyway, every year fans are on the pitch at the end of the season
  • Options
    Most clubs in the lower leagues still do it, an end of season ritual! Not sure of any clubs who have been fined for their fans going on after the final game has ended.

The funniest video is Chesterfield's last game at Saltergate, when the fella in the electric wheelchair zooms on, his carer runs to collect him & gives him a clip around the ear!

Have done it many times in the past, bit older now so not quite as exciting!
  • Options
    I was on the pitch for the 2nd leg of the play-offs in 98 and managed to grab the corner flag closest to the tunnel.

Mind you, I was a steward at the time just following instructions.................................
    When we got promoted at Carlisle (the 3-2 game) I got on the pitch and tried to get the corner flag but was chased away by the stewards.

The things you do when you're young and don't give a shit.

• Options

Can we build in an option for a half-time pitch invasion for those that prefer to leave if we are losing at half time?
  • Options
    Perhaps instead of invading the pitch we could all sit quietly in our seats and applaud? If we're feeling completely mental we could always pass round a flask of bovril and some home-made sandwiches; raising our voices for the occasional 'well done chaps' and 'jolly good show'.
  • Options
    Can those who do get on the pitch be made to pay the fine after?
  • Options

A tasteful congratulations card signed by selected (i.e awake) supporters in the NWQ?
  • Options
    Was u on too @ bournemouth? There was me my mate and 1 other lad! Club won't mind a £10k fine if we get promoted! Doubt it will happen anyway, every year fans are on the pitch at the end of the season

I went from home end > away end in the chaos
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I always thought the reason the club don't want you on the pitch last game of the season, is so that the players can all come out & everyone can see them & celebrate. As opposed to a couple of thousand on the pitch & everyone else goes home.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Cut all my shin on the barrier at Southend's pitch after getting one leg on the pitch then being pulled back.
  • Options
    Was down the front on the terrace at Peterborough last season when we won 5-1. For the 5th goal a gate flung open due to over excitment and around 10 fans including myself were on the pitch!
    If we are away from home when promoted I do hope we're on the pitch as it would be a memorable moment!
  • Options
    I'll be on 100%. got a feeling with how we are going now that it could be Preston away. 3 year ban from there should be ol as we won't be going back there in the next 3 years anyway
  • Options
    That Southend night i ended up running into someone and stacking it
  • Options
    Was down the front on the terrace at Peterborough last season when we won 5-1. For the 5th goal a gate flung open due to over excitment and around 10 fans including myself were on the pitch!
    If we are away from home when promoted I do hope we're on the pitch as it would be a memorable moment!
    Could be interesting depending on which away ground you win promotion at....some home fans won't take too kindly to opposition fans celebrating on their pitch, similar to Palace at Sheff Wed when a few Palace were legged back into their end!

• Options
    For the older amongst us.
    1970's?
    Sunderland at home.
    Half time?
    Sunderland start coming onto the pitch and heading towards the Covered end.
    We go over the fence towards them.
    Meet at the halfway line, nothing much happens, the OB chase everyone back to thier ends.
  • Options
    Was the Middlesbrough 5-2 defeat the only time we have gone on the pitch since the return to the Valley?
  • Options
    For the older amongst us.
    1970's?
    Sunderland at home.
    Half time?
    Sunderland start coming onto the pitch and heading towards the Covered end.
    We go over the fence towards them.
    Meet at the halfway line, nothing much happens, the OB chase everyone back to thier ends.
    that sounds like a scene from braveheart. when the Irish are sent in to battle the scots. only for all of them to stop in front of each other.
  • Options
    Carlise away fill yer boots pal