Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'mguessin.......

He was trying to cross the ball in............and scored!!!!!!!!!!!

Just watched it replayed on Sky as it took me a while to pick my jaw up off the floor last night!!

8 more to go.....

11 points clear of third.......

You can do it Boys!!!!

Comments

• Options
    But it begs the question: Who was he crossing it to? Not a single charlton player in the box...............
  • Options
    So he's either brainless or a genius.
  • Options
    Fluke goal, end of.

I said in the other thread I was "underwhelmed" by his signing and on last nights showing I still am.

Could someone explain: I thought the idea of bringing in loan players at this stage of the season was to freshen things up and give some of our "knackered" players a rest?

He looked more knackered than all of them and the way he was hugging the touch line when he knew it was him coming off on 60 mins was painful to watch.

It will take him the remaining 8 games to get up to speed and match fit so whats the point?
  • Options
    So what's the alternative mike? keep playing JJ and run him into the ground?
  • Options
    He's scored on 4 of his 5 debuts. All part of Chrissy's master plan, we were basically a goal up when he was selected to play
  • Options
    So what's the alternative mike? keep playing JJ and run him into the ground?
    Not at all but I would have thought the alternative would have been to bring in an "impact" player" who was:

a/ Fit
    b/ Able to lift the team
    c/ Look to be a possible perm signing for the Championship

I know he scored last night but lets not kid ourselves it was a fluke goal that was meant to be a cross and had it not gone in the moans would have come because nobody was in the box.

I hope the lad does come good but it was a very flat debut from an unfit player and all I am saying is he does not appear to have added anything because we did not play well last night did we.
  • Options
    Does it matter . He scored We won

Why do we always have to have a hate figure, someone to complain about or boo ?
  • Options

Dont recall saying I hate him, I never boo nor do I leave until the final whistle, its a discussion board DPFC and thats what I am doing.
  • Options
    but the chances are that to find someone who fits that criteria, he would have been playing regulary for his team. Loan signings are normally players who are either out of the picture regarding 1st team action or returning from an injury. Yeah, I'm also not going to get too excited with him but let's give him (and Cook) a chance to prove themselves.................
  • Options

Dont recall saying I hate him, I never boo nor do I leave until the final whistle, its a discussion board DPFC and thats what I am doing.
    So what your saying is that you declared he was crap on another thread, he scored within minutes to leave you with egg on your face, but now you have your fingers in your ears and your eyes closed, rather than admit you may have been wrong? How 2012... ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Just to repeat what I said on a similar thred. 'Unbelievable this forum at times. We've won for the first time in four games the mood should be good but no, lets question a loan signing who just so happened to score a fluke? opening goal. This on the back of a plank saying we were outplayed last Saturday when the possession was 50/50! I need rest from this site before I end up needing a prescription for anti depressants. It's visits to the Prediction Competition and Players Marks threads only from now on until our promotion fate is decided'.
  • Options
    He was out of position a hell of a lot, even coming over to the right wing frequently. Really hurt the balance of the team.

Still, far too early to judge him
  • Options
    Just to repeat what I said on a similar thred. 'Unbelievable this forum at times. We've won for the first time in four games the mood should be good but no, lets question a loan signing who just so happened to score a fluke? opening goal. This on the back of a plank saying we were outplayed last Saturday when the possession was 50/50. I need rest from this site before I end up needing a prescription for anti depressants. It's visits to the Prediction Competition and Players Marks threads only from now on until our promotion fate is decided'.

Ive no idea just what class of player people expectus to get in with 9 games left.. and this 'impact layer' cliche is getting boring now too.

• Options
    He was out of position a hell of a lot, even coming over to the right wing frequently. Really hurt the balance of the team.

Wingers often switch. When Wagstaff went left, N'G went right. Simple tactics, and confuses the full-backs, allegedly.

I thought he did ok, but still too early to judge as you say.

• Options
    As far as im concerned fluking a goal is better than not fluking a goal. First game, not quite up to speed. He's played 60 mins and scored, lets not write the guy off too quickly. Some people dont ever seem to cotton on to the fact we arent Barca, we're 3rd tier and wont just pick up immense world beaters at the arse end of the season.

This is L1, suck it up and deal with it. Lets hope there's only 8 more games left for us for a long while in this division
  • Options
    We needed those 3 points desperately and he paved the way, fluke or not.

If he does nothing else he has justified the loan already IMO.
  • Options

Wingers often switch. When Wagstaff went left, N'G went right. Simple tactics, and confuses the full-backs, allegedly.

Yep, but there was at least one occasions when Solly, N'G and Waggie were all on the right.

I do think that Jackson's willingness to stay in position has given us shape that is missing when he isn't there. This is why he is so important to the team rather than his performances per se.
  • Options

Yep, but there was at least one occasions when Solly, N'G and Waggie were all on the right.

I do think that Jackson's willingness to stay in position has given us shape that is missing when he isn't there. This is why he is so important to the team rather than his performances per se.
    Jackson tends to tuck inside a lot though, and he doesn't ever beat a man. Dany seemed to have quick feet and drew in a couple of fouls. Yes he was knackered in the end but he was closing down and hassling players more than Jackson does too.

This may sound like I hate JJ but trust me I don't, I just think he can be a bit lazy in his tracking back etc. He's a luxury player who has a sublime left peg on him, but I do feel he leaves Wiggins a bit exposed at times. I have always said he would work really well in the middle of the park in a 4 5 1, where he can have 2 industrious players working around him, a bit like when we had Murphy, Smertin and Kishishev all together.

I think Dany will be a decent player to have for the rest of the season, he's a big lad, he's got a bit of pace and a bit of skill, and will run at players, but also played some neat one and two touch football as well
  • Options
    I couldn't get a crap if it was flukey, great skills, or an og. we won 3-0. the goal and the result lifted the team, and I couldn't care less if N'guessen doesn't score again and goes back to where he came from next week. Last night was last night, and saturday is saturday, lets have more flukey goals and be promoted by the end of March. Most matches last season and even this we would take goals any which way they came don't see why we need to get precious about how they're scored now.
  • Options
    Agree with Suzi here.
    We won! Lets just get out of this dismal league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He gave us width, height, power and scored.

Try to remember we're in league 1 at the moment before judging players
  • Options
    He has been a terrific loan signing for that goal alone. In the first half I don't think we were really at it and that goal was incrediblty important. Had we not loaned him, we may not have won that game. At the end of the season he will go down as one of our better loanees even if he doesn't kick another ball for us!
  • Options
    We needed those 3 points desperately and he paved the way, fluke or not.

If he does nothing else he has justified the loan already IMO.

With you on this Len.
  • Options
    he's only been training with the boys for a day or so, thought he put in a decent shift
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I thought we played well last night, I keep reading "Yeovil were the better team first half", "we looked nervous" "we weren't very good"

I must be clueless because I left genuinely happy with our performance, a clean sheet, a 3-0 home win and yet its still not good enough. If either of the Sheffield clubs or Huddersfield had won 3-0 at home we would shrug and say "clinical, thats the difference why cant we be like that" truth is, if we watched the whole of their game and not just the result we would see a different match, its the way football is.

Last night was the 26th Addicks game this season For me so I have seen enough of them to say, we may not be the Harlem Globetrotters and two home defeats in a week was not good but we are the best side in the division by some distance and I just hope that when we get promoted we dont start worrying about next season within hours of lifting the trophy.

Sorry to go off thread, so to bring it back, as a loanee I thought his fluked first goal and nuisance value for the second justified his start and aided a solid home win that would have had Hudds, Wendies and Utd fans leaving their games and saying "clinical, thats the difference, why cant we be like that"
  • Options

Jesus h. The blokes only been with the squad for a day before starting and people expect him to slot right in with the way the teams set up. Perhaps at The Den that was how he was told to play ? Sure SCP will let him know of your tactical concerns. Unbelievable.

• Options
    Hmm. Obviously "Still far too early to judge him" means something different to you. I'm not condemning him, or saying he's bad or sayng any expectations. All I'm doing is noting he was out of position a lot.

You must get wound up really easily.

If I can't make a comment on a player's performance in a game on a thread about that player what's the point of this site (apart from Would Yas)?

• Options
    Hmm. Obviously "Still far too early to judge him" means something different to you. I'm not condemning him, or saying he's bad or sayng any expectations. All I'm doing is noting he was out of position a lot.

You must get wound up really easily.

If I can't make a comment on a player's performance in a game on a thread about that player what's the point of this site (apart from Would Yas)?

Exactly. the outrage that results from a bit of honest criticism is far more irritating than the criticism itself.
  • Options
    look if you 're not gonna big him up keep you opinions to yourself

i'm keeping mine to myself on this touchy thread
  • Options

Would love to be negative but I thought he had a great debut for a player who has not played a great deal of match football.

Good attitude, some nice skill and welcome power and strength which we badly need against the more physical teams.

And he scored a wonder goal which meant we won the match.

Glad for his sake he didn't score an own goal or the poor fella would be in therapy by now with you lot on his back.

Saint Chris must do better and find loanees that can score hat tricks on their debut. Just not good enough.