Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hayes recalled

Comments

• Options
    They are 'completely different ' players...one is a link man who lays off and holds up the ball...the other is more or less an out and out striker (as is BWP) who feeds off those chances that Kermit provides.
    Are you suggesting we have two players of similar style BWP & Hayes up top....without Kermit to supply either of them?
    I think BWP alongside Hayes could be a recipie for disaster as neither of them are much at holding the ball up or laying it off.
    No offence but have you seen Hayes play this season, he's not an out and out goal scorer and never has been, he is most certainly more like Kermo than BWP, hence how successful his relationship was with BWP at the beginning of the season, he's link up play is probably he biggest attribute

• Options
    Great move he's bang in form and we need him to secure promotion. always liked him he's a good player
  • Options
    They are 'completely different ' players...one is a link man who lays off and holds up the ball...the other is more or less an out and out striker (as is BWP) who feeds off those chances that Kermit provides.
    Are you suggesting we have two players of similar style BWP & Hayes up top....without Kermit to supply either of them?
    I think BWP alongside Hayes could be a recipie for disaster as neither of them are much at holding the ball up or laying it off.
    No offence but have you seen Hayes play this season, he's not an out and out goal scorer and never has been, he is most certainly more like Kermo than BWP, hence how successful his relationship was with BWP at the beginning of the season, he's link up play is probably he biggest attribute

Well yes and no Bubble.
    I would actually love to give Kermit a rest for a couple of games....he took one hell of a battering at Scunthorpe.
    Under any other circumstances I'd agree, but we're just going to have to keep pulling him out of the trenches for the time being or until promotion is a certainty....at which point he can most deservedly have a week or two off.

• Options
    Great stuff! Not sure if I would start him though but hope he gets more than a 10 minute cameo.
  • Options
    . N'Guessan probably needs a bit more of a rest
    He had one Tuesday.

In all seriousness Paul Hayes is twice the footballer N'Guessan will ever be but in this day and age 9 times out of 10 you need to be a big strong athlete before you need skill.

Good news
    Oi! Leave off Dany N'Guessan, I have just had his name put on the back of my replica shirt and expect my membership pack to arrive any day now from the Dany N'Guessan fan club.

:-)
  • Options
    Paul Hayes recalled by Charlton

Friday, 23 March 2012

By Richard Cawley

CHARLTON have recalled in-form striker Paul Hayes from his loan spell at Wycombe Wanderers.

The former Scunthorpe and Preston frontman joined the Chairboys until the end of the season and had scored six goals in as many matches.

Charlton had the option to recall Hayes after he had spent 28 days at Wycombe - which was up yesterday - and boss Chris Powell took only 24 hours longer to decide he wanted him back to assist in their League One promotion push.

Powell, speaking yesterday, said: "I want to be fair to him and Wycombe. If I call him back it's for a reason - to put him in the 11 or 16.

"I won't bring him back and put him in the stands. Paul is in a good place - he is scoring goals, he's match-fit. I'll decide that if and when."
  • Options
    Think it would make sense to start Hayes at hudds because they got that monster centre back who will out jump kermo everytimr we 'lump it forward', our best chance of outplaying these lot will be on the floor link up play between the midfield, Hayes and bwp. Then of this isn't working, then bring Kermo off the bench if that doesn't work
  • Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    Think it would make sense to start Hayes at hudds because they got that monster centre back who will out jump kermo everytimr we 'lump it forward', our best chance of outplaying these lot will be on the floor link up play between the midfield, Hayes and bwp. Then of this isn't working, then bring Kermo off the bench if that doesn't work
    But Kermo scored aginst their 'lumps' at home....fine header
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    He didn't 'get the better' of Kermit at The Valley....so why do you think he will tomorrow?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    They did alright at the begining of the season.
    Mmmmm....well not well enough to disrupt the pattern of play we have been using since then........which has been hugely successful....for the most part.
    Especially going into such an important fixture....."don't fix it if it aint broke" Plaaayer!

It was never broken when Hayes was starting though, we never lost a game and was playing some of the best football in years.

• Options
    What the old fella said. Thought we played better when he was in the side.
  • Options
    The only thing nobody seems to have considered so far ...... is Kermogant less than 100% fit and carrying knocks?

After CP saying less than 24 hours ago that Hayes wouldn't be recalled unless he was to play in the 11 or 16, we need to ask what exactly has changed?

• Options
    If it means getting back to playing football on the deck I am in the "start Hayes" camp, I dont like the hoof ball and we lose possession
  • Options
    Because kermit was still relatively new, since then we've been found out and it's so obvious what we're going to do a lot of the time, don't get me wrong I love him, he's class but I think we need to mix it up abit, hudds will have studied and made they're defensive game plan around the fact that we hoof it to Kermo a lot
  • Options
    absoulutely crazy to put hayes in straight away. yann was excellent on tuesday working with bwp. yann's back to goal pass for the third shows he can do what hayes does as well. bring hayes on if need be but dont disrupt the front pair unless absoulutley necessary.
  • Options
    Good call SCP!!! Bench him for Sat, i wouldnt change a winning team but he is in fine form to make an impact from the bench, if required ( i hope he isnt)

Bring him on in added time to run the clock down as we are 0-2 up ;-)
  • Options
    Dont under estimate what Yann provides defensively.

He is a huge prescence when defending set plays.

Hayes wont give you that.
  • Options
    Absolutely crazy to suggest dropping Yann,hayes has a poor first touch, is poor in front of goal, forget his 6 at wycombe & recall the many chances he spurned for us including the "chance" 2 yards out when he tried to control the ball instead of hammering it in the net. He played his part agreed in our fine start to the season, but Yann has much more to his game including getting stuck in & also being great in the air. The fact that we are playing it long is down to the manager because as we've seen Yann is also brilliant on the floor & creates so much more than a lot of people on here seem to give him credit for. With no striker on the bench tuesday it made absolute sense to bring hayes back for that role
  • Options
    An obvious recall, we need another option up top from the bench. Indeed i wonder how much time N'Guessan will get on the pitch, as Cook is a more obvious LM player, and on current form Hayes poses the greater goal threat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann does a Drogba role defending set pieces, and wins a lot of headers to clear the ball.

Dropping Yann is silly, plus who's on fre kicks if and Jacko are out?
  • Options
    Lots of commomsense views, but a fair bit of kneejerking also.
    And evident that some people don't read the thread first.

The question is why right now (bearing in mind what CP said only yesterday).......?

What does CP know, that he isn't letting on at the moment (or any other conspiracy theory).

• Options
    He wants cover, that's it
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Lots of commomsense views, but a fair bit of kneejerking also.
    And evident that some people don't read the thread first.

The question is why right now (bearing in mind what CP said only yesterday).......?

What does CP know, that he isn't letting on at the moment (or any other conspiracy theory).

He knows Haynes is injured, Jackson is injured and N'Gussen isn't fully fit.

So he brings back a forward to do a job for 8 games.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    We already knew yesterday that Jacko, Haynes were unfit and N'Guessan unable to last 90 mins, Henry.

But in CP's Thursday press conference, he gave no indication that he was bringing Hayes back straight away (at the very first opportunity)...... and certainly gave the impression ("Hayes is in a good place and that's the best place for him right now"), that if he did so, then it would be perhaps later in the season.
  • Options
    good and he's regained his appetite .. as he's in such goal scoring form, he should go straight in tomorrow's sixteen at Huddersfield ... he can't realistically replace either Wright-Phillips or Kermorgant who play well together but should be brought on later in the game when we will need a goal or 2
  • Options

Welcome back Hayes. I like the fact that this recall of Hayes will give CP more options, whether he decides to play Hayes from the start or not.

I believe that with Yann in the team, he gives the team the choice of the passing game or the more direct approach. Unfortunately there is a tendancy to go direct more often than ideally desireable. That Yann gives these options is to his credit, that the team go direct more regularly than I would wish is no fault of his.

Hayes by way of contrast, works best in a team playing a passing game. As a consequence, it would appear, the team are forced to play a passing game.

As to who would be best placed to start on Saturday, I'll leave that to CP.
  • Options
    If he isn't going to start then i see no point in him returning especially when we had a 24 hour return clause. Powell hardly ever changes the front 2 during games.
  • Options
    If he isn't going to start then i see no point in him returning especially when we had a 24 hour return clause. Powell hardly ever changes the front 2 during games.
    It's called cover Pouso!!!

• Options
    Can imagine Wycombe fans aren't very happy with us right now, especially as the loan window shut yesterday. I know he's our player but it's a bit of poor form by us to say yesterday we had no intention of recalling and now we do.

Still happy he is back though