Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton post-match views

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
In here folks.

Comments

• Options
    we'd have got a draw if they hadn't sacked lee clark
  • Options
    We only lost to a pen in the end so I'll take that.
  • Options
    5 wins for promotion
  • Options
    Heard from a mate at the game that the ref tucked us right up
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates RM and paddy.
  • Options
    5 wins for promotion
    88pts generally guarantees automatic promotion, so probably more likely that 3 wins will do it.
  • Options
    It would not be proper Charlton if they didn't torture the supporters by making it a close run thing near the end of the season.

• Options
    The ref was from Yorkshire so.................
  • Options
    Razor blades one a man, form an orderly queue...
    8pts clear, seven games left. I'd have taken that before the season started. We'll be fine. Worse thing we can do is have a tense atmosphere next sat. Chill peeps.
  • Options
    Your mate's wrong.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Disappointed as we normally up our game against better opposition. I'd be interested to hear from people who were there as to how well the players performed - particularly Hayes and N'Guessan.
  • Options
    Just walking out. Can we send Russell back? He's over 30 and still reacts like that, not forgetting him losing possession then conceding the penalty.

The game was scrappy, Hamer made one top save before they scored, their keeper had nothing to do. Draw would've been a fair result ref was awful.
  • Options
    3 wins and a draw is all we need.
  • Options
    We'd have at least got a draw out of that a couple of months ago. Team sound tired and disjointed without you-know-who.

Sounds like we battled for it, but three losses in five and we're looking over our shoulder at the Sheffields now.

Ho hum. How many wins do we need?
  • Options
    We were not disgraced with 10 men, with 11 I feel a point would have been possible. the remaining games are very winnable but we must not take any one of those sides lightly, we need to be mean and aggressive again!
  • Options
    overall sounded a reasonable performance with 10 men. form is a concern as is team selection and substitutions...again.

last 7 games, back to basics required - original team if possible. Green, Hughes and Jackson need to be back when fit.

Signing of loanees remind me of the panicking from seasons gone by, and pointless when they dont get off the bench.

Its in our hands, weve done all the hard work to all but win the league, we can only throw this away if we dont stay calm. An important week for CP and the players to get things right for Orient, it wont be an easy game
  • Options
    Ashtray in stick up for ref shocker
  • Options
    I really thought SCP would give me a nice Birthday present :(

Still top but this form is starting to worry me!
  • Options
    Your mate's wrong.

You were obviously at the game so I bow to your informed opinion.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Losing to Hudds at their place is nothing to be ashamed of. Could do without this tight run-in but we've done enough this season to ride it out to the end.

Poor old Russell. He probably won't play again this season and that'll cement him as 'that tosser' to the more reactionary members of the forum. Silly thing to do but it sounds like that Kay fella needs a right slap and should have been sent off as well. Russell can join the esteemed company of that other useless no mark in his 30s who attacked someone off the ball, the useless bastard. Zinedine something..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It shows we played well....after they scored in the 13th minute with that pen....they then proceeded to stick 11 behind the ball.....the HT and FT possession shows we were in the game but we couldnt break them down.........play like that with 11 on the pitch for a full 90 mins and we should win the games we need....I'm still optimistic that this is our year.....we are having a 'blip' but still sit 8 points clear with 7 games left (4 at home).......cant break out the champers yet....but I think 94 points will see us promoted....Wed have to play udders at the Galphram yet, and a draw there would do nicely!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    3 wins and a draw is all we need.

Its more like 5 now. Utd win there game and its 6 pts in it with 7 left. Im trying to not count the goal difference as that can go easy by May
  • Options
    Do we just need 10 more pts?
  • Options
    A big effort required to get behind the team for the Orient game. One last mini run for promotion needed.
  • Options
    The loanees have been brought in for cover. It makes sense.

I know it's in the heat of the battle as it were but Russell getting sent off today was inexcusable imo. That, more than anything, lost us the game today.
  • Options
    Hudders were average they had two good players rhodes and the ref
  • Options
    We didn't lose because of the ref though.

Sounded like a good game. Always going to be tough. We needed 10 on the pitch to have any chance of getting something once we went a goal down. Most people probably only expected a point at best, so no great panic. Just have to make the home games count. We were always going to limp over the line.
  • Options
    For the first time this season I am starting to worry. Anybody else spend most of their week staring at the remaining fixtures, going from "we should win most of these" to "but they've got that player and if he plays well"? As someone touched on above I really don't like the loan market, except in emergencies. It's only human nature, deep down you just can't care as much as contracted players.

7 days is a long time to wait to get rid of this feeling. L Orient are on a shocking run, have lost their best player (Dawson) and can't buy a goal. But have 3 ex Charlton players up front......gulp.
  • Options
    No we weren't going to limp over the line!

We were gonna get 102 points and large it for the last three games remember?

Until this month and three m******f*****g losses!

Bloody Charlton!

Still god bless sir Chris and the great team, and thank you for making it so I EXPECT to win.
  • Options
    It is typical that we just start to lose points when we are close to getting promoted.