Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield v Charlton post-match views

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post Impact. You're swaying me back towards wanting you to go up again.
    You wouldn't get a Wendy posting anything decent like this.
  • Options
    Here's my tupponce worth on yesterday's game, having spent most of the day trying to forget it !!

1) The ref had a big influence on the game - but we can't do anything about it now.

2) team / squad selection had a bigger influence on the game - and we can do someting about that for the following games.

3) we were without 5 first teamers (JJ, Kermy, Green, Taylor,Stephens) - all need to be back in the starting 11 asap. They were part of the reason we got were we did by early March and sometimes the sum of the parts are greater that the whole.

4) don't need loanees - use the sqaud players we have. No need for Rusell - play stephens or Hughes there instead. No need for N'guessen - play Callum Harriott there instead.

5) Powell really needs to sort it out NOW. we can not afford to lose against L-Orient and need to get that winning feeling again. I still beleive we have enough about u to get automatics...........and will only get to squaky bum time if we get to Easter with less than 85 point.

6) I still vow not to renew my season ticket if we fail to go up..........
    Harriott isn't ready. If he was Powell would play him. The fact he hasn't played him since the end of last season, when we had a crap squad and nothing to play for says it all. Hughes is injured (I don't know why that fact constantly gets ignored), Stephens has been out of form for the past few games and Russell had a top game mere days before that some reckoned was a MOTM performance. But sure, blame the loanees. It's much easier that way.

As for the season ticket thing, it's your money, you can do what you want with it. You might be supporting the wrong team if your support is predicated on success though..
  • Options

Can I just say these intelligent, polite, reasonable and well thought out posts from HT fans are really starting to piss me off..
  • Options
    Disappointing post, Wheresmeticket ?

As Covered End correctly indicates, you are surely in the minority in your views.

Methinks you must have mislaid yours on the way to the match....

I'm always excitable at games, but rarely as angry and frustrated. My daughter, on reviewing the game with my family when we got home, just said. 'well dad swore a lot' and not just in the songs', lol. I found this a very frustrating game largely in part to the ref. i've never heard the charlton fans boo and chant at a ref in this manner before. The pen was annoying without being unfair and no way as frustrating as at scunthorpe. To a man i felt our boys did us proud. Russell will get some grief, but really we were getting bashed about a lot without protection. We've done that to a few teams over the season, so it comes around to be fair. Hudds are quality no doubt, but there was nothing in this game to separate the two, even when we had ten men for 35 minutes. We are going up, just not sure when. Looking forward to Oldham.
  • Options

Can I just say these intelligent, polite, reasonable and well thought out posts from HT fans are really starting to piss me off..
    Is it because people with PhD's don't exactly fit the stereotypical 'thick northern bastard' image? If that's the case I'm pleased it pisses you off. lol

• Options
    Harriott is also injured.
  • Options

Is it because people with PhD's don't exactly fit the stereotypical 'thick northern bastard' image? If that's the case I'm pleased it pisses you off. lol

Are you Brian Cox then?
  • Options
    PhD in whippet breeding
  • Options
    I think not signing Rivaldo (if that was actually true..) shows Powell's trying to keep things calm, hes not panicking , we're still 8 points clear and good news ahead of Saturday Leyton Orient have only won one of their last six
  • Options
    I think i'm going to get a T shirt printed with the words...

Panic ye not
    The end is near!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Disappointing post, Wheresmeticket ?

As Covered End correctly indicates, you are surely in the minority in your views.

Methinks you must have mislaid yours on the way to the match....

As my name indicates - wouldn't be the first time ;0)

COYR!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    Since the debacle of the first half vs Notts Conty we've played two 1/2 games, shored 5 and conceded one penalty picking up three points and I think maybe another 3 on Saturday... that's 2 points a game which will keep us going beyond 92 points.

I have every faith in SCP to work out his best starting XI and subs for the task vs Orient
  • Options
    I hadn't realised the re-start from the red card incident was a free kick to Hudds - surely the ref is 100% incompetent there? Presumably he stopped play before Russell retaliated?
  • Options
    I went to the game. Have to say a draw would have been fair, however it evens out our results across the season. Ref was a disgrace but then we see so many poor refs its a given.

Russell aftera great game last week was a very stupid boy. Play it simple rather than give the ball away where he did. As for the red....tut tut.

Anyway onwards we march/trudge/crawl. A win on saturday will put us back on track. Still plenty to play.

Please please please dont mess it up

COYR!!!!
  • Options
    I hadn't realised the re-start from the red card incident was a free kick to Hudds - surely the ref is 100% incompetent there? Presumably he stopped play before Russell retaliated?
    it was a free kick to us that hamer took. the original foul was on russell so we got the free-kick. about the only thing he got right in that incident though
  • Options
    3 losses away from home all season, 2 deflections and 1 penalty.....not bad

Huddersfield have too much to do to make top 2, 5 away games out of 8 remaining, and the MASSIVE still to come at home.

Sheff W will drop points with their run in, as will we...but not as many
  • Options
    I think i'm going to get a T shirt printed with the words...

Panic ye not
    The end is near!

My mate got himself and me a t-shirt printed up today saying: Blip? nah, just keeping it interesting...........

Will be wearing it on Saturday if warm enough.

• Options
    Referee was the centre of attention and with grandfather whippeting for the terriers during the recessionary glory years was always going to be a long afternoon. Asking too much for Hayes to hit the ground running as both strikers well marshalled from the off. Therefore reliant on the flanks to provide the wherewithal to carve out the openings.

N'Guessan not a natural wide man, early days but struggling to work out where he would feature best. We've been fortunate to nab the opener in all our yorkshire affairs but saturday were beaten to the mark.

All our corners are now outswingers so no prospect of putting keeper under pressure. Don't know why we changed from in to out cornerwise in recent weeks.

A shame if we blew title now but but with just 4 pts from possible 15 most of the lads should realise by now they are playing for their own futures.
  • Options
    It'll be fine, not worrying too much about it, but would like to see some better performances though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Imagine next year. West Ham. Millwall. Palarse. Lots of fun :)
  • Options
    Sadly I think the Hamsters will get promoted back to the PL. But they are 'blipping' a bit like us at the present. Only difference is that we are still safely in the automatic placings whereas they have dropped out of theirs. Shame!
  • Options
    If West Ham finish in the play off's I can see them blowing it.

Wouldn't mind a trip to Upton Park if we go up
  • Options
    Or Orient, Brentford, Southend and Crawley!
  • Options
    Or Orient, Brentford, Southend and Crawley!
    Have enjoyed the orient games, stand out over the past 11 years ive been coming. Southend were good as well