Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plane Sighting

2»

Comments

• Options
    As mentioned!
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I know there's a few plane buffs on here, I wondered if someone could help identify this. I spotted it in the distance taking off from Southend Airport whilst I was out birdwatching yesterday evening (just before 6.30pm). I looked on FlightRadar24 but it didn't show. I can't see any registration marks on it, is that right? I know they do a lot of paint jobs in Southend have they not finished it off or is this how its meant to be?

Saw this yesterday as well coming back from Rayleigh station about the same time. Always good when things get cleared up.
  • Options
    Just had the Goodyear blimp flying over my Son's nursery whilst we waited in line for them to go in.

Nice early morning treat for the kids
    I saw it over Deptford. It was at Brands hatch later but heading towards central London.  
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Pretty sure it is a DC3 or at least a military variant in its wartime livery. Technically a C47 Dakota. 
  • Options
    Just had the Goodyear blimp flying over my Son's nursery whilst we waited in line for them to go in.

Nice early morning treat for the kids
    I saw it over Deptford. It was at Brands hatch later but heading towards central London.  

Was flying over Kent towards Dover at 9.30 this morning.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    iaitch said:
    BDL said:

C-47 ‘Pegasus’ of Aerolegends, flies out of North Weald and Headcorn.’Drag em Oot’ (Front) is an original D-Day Goonie bird.

Was privileged to get an air-to-air shoot with them last year over the Seven Sisters.
    Is the one with 3X on the side the larger model?
    no its nearer!
    Thank you, Father Ted.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    BDL said:
    This one was hunting XS458 11
    A T4 English  Electric Lighting.  I had a flight in one of those at RAF Wattisham in August 1963.  Air Cadets.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Hal1x said:
    BDL said:
    This one was hunting XS458 11
    A T4 English  Electric Lighting.  I had a flight in one of those at RAF Wattisham in August 1963.  Air Cadets.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I must say this thread isn't doing our credibility as train spotters much good.  Whatever next? Bus Wankers?

• Options
    Surely planes are more interesting than trains.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I must say this thread isn't doing our credibility as train spotters much good.  Whatever next? Bus Wankers?

Yes, looking at that fantastic picture of the two Dakotas, I realise now that trains were just a passing infatuation.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Paxton Panorama, or Leyland Tiger(with the Wilson Epicyclic gearbox) are my favourites.
    Drove a Van Hool with DAF running gear and ZF manual gearbox, absolutely fantastic... and of course the RMs RT are also worth a shout. The B type is a real Ole timer,,,,,,,
  • Options
    Surely planes are more interesting than trains.
    And automobiles 
  • Options

I must be one. These 3 beauties were at a transport show last month

• Options
    According to Dionne Warwick it's  'Planes and Boats and Trains'
  • Options

Single carriage train on the Lecce to Otranto line. 
  • Options
    BDL'S  gone quiet ;-)

I remember the old East Kent bus from the top of Eltham High Street going down through Tankerton and Whitstable. What a journey that was before the M2.
  • Options

I must be one. These 3 beauties were at a transport show last month

Where’s Syd Cheesewright when you need him.
  • Options

See what you started!!!
  • Options

See what you started!!!

Yeh, but football's finished innit eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDL said:
    This one was hunting XS458 (11)
    My dad used to lead the team that maintained the engines on these at RAF Waddington in the sixties...
  • Options
    About 3 this afternoon, 3 Military helicopters flew across the sky in Bexley in formation. Looked like Apache,s to me. 
  • Options
    About 3 this afternoon, 3 Military helicopters flew across the sky in Bexley in formation. Looked like Apache,s to me. 
    I think the last one was a Mohican.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    I think the last one was a Mohican.
    Are there any more of those or was that the last of the Mohicans?