Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drinking in Eltham - Help needed

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
Hey,

Was hoping someone would give me some ideas of where to take a girl for drinks in eltham as I'm not really familiar with the area.

Looking for somewhere which is a bit more modern which allows a lot of talking and serves a variety of drinks that cater for the lady.

We are both 18 if that makes a difference.

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    The Rising Sun although havn't really been inside properly since before the summer.
  • Options
    When I was that age, the Castle in Eltham was the place to be.
    Its a KFC now ;-(
  • Options
    Instead of Eltham, take her up the Oxo Tower.
  • Options
    The Park Tavern is now a nice little pub, Rising Sun ok - not alot of other places I'd take a bird to be honest!
  • Options
    Do yourself a favour roosel....get a cab to Bromley.
  • Options
    Would head for Blackheath or Greenwich
  • Options
    I come from Eltham but I wouldn't take a girl out there! Get over to Blackheath for a better choice.
  • Options
    haha point taken. Anywhere in Bromley / Blackheath worth the time?
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Eltham!

Go the Park Tavern or venture down to The Beehive (technically New Eltham).

What about the Tudor Barn, is that open for drinks?
  • Options
    Yes i spent a lot of time in the Tudor Barn recently whilst staying in the area. Lovely place for a drink after work. Not sure 18 year olds would enjoy it tho at nearly 4 quid a pint i think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes i spent a lot of time in the Tudor Barn recently whilst staying in the area. Lovely place for a drink after work. Not sure 18 year olds would enjoy it tho at nearly 4 quid a pint i think.
    Blackheath/Bromley won't be much different pint wise?

Jump on the rattler & go the Amersham.

• Options

??????

A) it's over 25's
    B) it's not really a first date pub as it can be a bit funny in there when all the local's are out.
  • Options
    Go to The Union in Greenwich,Royal Hill. Young trendy crowd in the evening,fantastic if expensive beer with plenty of options for your lady friend,all brewed by local lad and life-long Charlton supporter.What's not to like?
  • Options
    Typical millwall trying to get the bloke in a pub brawl
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The biggest problem with this site these days is the search faciltiy, or lack of one.

This used to be a fabulous community website and after 3 or 4 years had the answer to questions like this. However the "Search" just does not work anymore.

Every question about pubs in Eltham has been answered 10 fold on here but sadly if you type in Eltham Pubs into the search engine you get "Medway fails in city status bid for Diamond Jubilee" as your top find. There is plenty of info about Eltham pubs here but it's difficult to find.
    This is not the best example of the inability of the search facility, try typing the word Jokes, to find the "Jokes" thread. This is on the first page at the moment but a search will lead you to Travllers Runs, Lee Cook Signs and some stupid thread about travelling from Blackheath to Charlton on the train via The Clarendon (no comment) when you can't walk too far when a walk to Blackheath station from The Clarendon (no comment) is hardly 10 yards.

Basically we need the search facility sorted.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hello?
  • Options
    Ooooh i'm at Tudor Barn on Saturday night for a 'do'. I'll get extra cash out!
    Tried to find the entrance to it once driving up and down well hall road, but couldn't so went elsewhere. Is there a car park?
  • Options
    No, park on the road. You walk in through the gate on that part of well hall road. Cant explain it very well.
  • Options
    If you're only 18 then go to The Old Post Office or The Bankers Draft.

I know nothing of the Tudor Barn except that I don't think what it offers would appeal to someone of such a tender age.

Stay away from The Park Tavern, especially if you like a pint of bitter!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Go to The Union in Greenwich,Royal Hill. Young trendy crowd in the evening,fantastic if expensive beer with plenty of options for your lady friend,all brewed by local lad and life-long Charlton supporter.What's not to like?
    looks like a great place. Only problem is the prices aren't really suitable for students.
  • Options

??????

A) it's over 25's
    B) it's not really a first date pub as it can be a bit funny in there when all the local's are out.
    A) Good point
    B) Didn't realise it was a first date. What's wrong with us locals?

• Options
    what about the portrait in sidcup?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    There is nothing wrong with The Beehive these days. Not for kids though.

There is a THREAD on The Beehive but a search only came up with "Lee Cook Signs!"
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/26019/the-beehive-at-new-eltham

usu google numbnuts.
    Impressed Curb_it. I'm not so computer savy as you.

But does beg the question...Why bother having the search facility?

Also took me a while to realise that "numbunts" was a insult, friendly/jokey I'm sure, rather than an internet instruction.....

• Options
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/26019/the-beehive-at-new-eltham

usu google numbnuts.
    is the connection that cook might aswell wear a beehive ? lol

• Options
    lol. I dont know what numbunts is either!