Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England strikers

2»

Comments

• If Bent is fit he is a must.
    100% agree. Should play 4-3-3 with Bent up top, Young on the left and either Johnson or Walcott on the right.
  • No Rooney~?
    Not available until the final group game is he? That aside I think Rooney is the new John Barnes when it comes to playing for England! Fantastic for his club but done absolutely sweet FA for England! The media regularly label him as 'World Class' but is he? I'm not convinced!
  • He's nowhere near Holt's standard
  • I bet the Dutch, Germans and Spanish are shitting themselves
  • No Rooney~?
    Not available until the final group game is he? That aside I think Rooney is the new John Barnes when it comes to playing for England! Fantastic for his club but done absolutely sweet FA for England! The media regularly label him as 'World Class' but is he? I'm not convinced!
    I completely forgot about that!
  • We've had world and european class players for the last 15 years and we've been shit. Total shit.
    Why not try effort over salary?
  • Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge, Defoe - assuming Bent isn't fit.
  • Crouch,Defoe, did everybody forget SA 2010???
  • Crouch,Defoe, did everybody forget SA 2010???
    Exactly, no one seems to forget how a manager performs for England but how many opportunities will these players continue to get and continue to fail?
  • Sponsored links:

• Add gerrard, terry, Lampard, Ferdinand to this list and it really is a case to get rid and for for effort over salary.
    Rooney is young enough to be given a second chance for his shit performance throughout SA 2010
  • Scrap Walcott, take Chamberlain. Think he's just as good if not better than Walcott. Plus, the kids young and precious experience now could be critical in future years. Bent, Holt/Graham, Sturridge (For the same reason as Chamberlain) and Rooney will go whether we like it or not. Though could probably be very effective in some situations, for a change. Other wingers: Johnson, Young, Downing, Milner (Although Milner in the middle would be pretty effective i think, strong, not afraid to tackle and can pick a pass).
  • To be fair Crouch hardly got a sniff at WC2010.
  • I can't understand why Gerard is on anyone's list
  • Crouch, Rooney, Welbeck, Defoe, Sturridge.
  • I can't understand why Gerard is on anyone's list
    This
  • edited April 2012
    Crouch,Defoe, did everybody forget SA 2010???
    Shows how poor the other options are though. Defoe is definitely worth a place - most likely to get a goal off the bench.

Welbeck and Sturridge have done well this year, Carroll hasn't, people like Holt and Davies are unproven at international level.

I'd start with one up top - we have more strength in the wing department in Lennon, Young, Johnson (and possibly Sturiddge out wide) etc than we do up top, and I think we'll play 433.