Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell will miss 5 of the last 7 games

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
According to the O/S he gets a 4 game ban, as it's his 2nd sending off this season. He will also miss Preston A as part of the terms of the loan.
He's available for Wycombe H & Hartlepool H.
Looks likely that we may not see him again.

Comments

• Options
    think we might aswell send him back to Preston to save on his wages
  • Options
    It's his own fault. Always thought he looks like he has a reckless challenge in him, 2 sendings off in 4 months. He's 31 so can't see him changing his ways now.

Don't think we'll be signing him in the summer
  • Options
    Good
  • Options
    Costly mistake by a good player , we are weaker without him imo
  • Options
    We are weaker by having to play with 10 men
  • Options
    Yep we are 100 % agreed , but its in the make up of the player , think people went over board on his sending off

Would rather he was in our team than facing him tbh

A big loss in the run in
  • Options
    Don't really see what you all see in him. He goes invisible a lot for me and is too reckless. Happy to see stephens or pritchard back in the side.
  • Options
    Don't really see what you all see in him. He goes invisible a lot for me and is too reckless. Happy to see stephens or pritchard back in the side.
    This
  • Options
    If we keep him here, he will not play agianst us, when we play Preston.
  • Options
    Isnt he with us until the end of the season ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he's a good player. Since he's come in the side, the midfield have plated better because they're stronger. He simply came in to the side to beef it up. He scored vs Yeovil which capped off a good performance. I think we will miss how presence.

I think people have gone over the top on this too. Yes, he made our job harder on Saturday but these things happen.
  • Options
    Get Pritchard in.
  • Options
    This
    agree with both.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Russell is a tough character to play against, the hard man of the side.

Those who think he goes invisible, won't appreciate the graft and the ground covered hassling, tracking and covering. His team mates will. And his manager.

Still a dumb thing to retaliate, however - experienced pro should know better.

Seeing the video of the Huddersfield game, couldn't believe the reckless challenge by that thug Anthony Kaye on Russell. Straight through the player from behind, surely dangerous play?

Shame on that referee for not protecting players. Shocking.

• Options
    Some right weirdos around. It seems that whoever is not in the team when we lose are suddenly the best players in the league. Knee-Jerkers.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Powell brought him in to do a tough guy job .. except he got a tad too tough too often. If Powell and Hughes are talking and still mates, then Hughes needs to be back in the side (if fit). We need a tough, no nonsense midfielder to see us through this sticky patch and on to the Championship. Also, Hollands is better in the free role which it seems is denied him when Stephens ( a very good player in his own right) is alongside.
  • Options
    Some right weirdos around. It seems that whoever is not in the team when we lose are suddenly the best players in the league. Knee-Jerkers.
    Exactly, I'm sure they will start to say how amazing Doherty has been for Wycombe soon
  • Options
    This
    agree with both.
    I agree with Karim and cafcnick, but Hartleypete - you're way out of line.
  • Options
    why did pritchard ever lose his place?!
  • Options
    Was never particularly impressed, don't think he's earnt to keep his place anyway to be honest, think Hughes can do the hard graft job, doesn't have the creative talent of Stephens or the touch and pace of Pritchard, although having him unavaiable isn't perfect, he would be my 4th choice for the other midfield place (belongside Hollands). That's not including Jackson as a CM either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bring Doherty back
  • Options
    If Hughes impresses tonight, I expect to see him back in on Saturday. Orient are going to play 5 in midfield and we'll need his industry.

As for Russell he's a decent player and has experience of getting out of this division. He did something silly, but give him a break, his other sending off was harsh.
  • Options
    Good
  • Options
    I just wonder though,Huddersfield played him like a piano.Roberts knew exactly what was coming after he got the ball off him and got his side the decisive penalty,then they knew to have a pop at him and he didn't let them down getting sent off.If at 31 opposition players can make a fool of him like that I'm pleased he will be out the way for a while.
  • Options
    Good
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited March 2012
    Last Sat was inexcusable. Lost us the game imo. That says enough for me. Experienced pro like him should have known better.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Good player yes, vitaly important, no.
    We have others who are just as good.....won't be missed that much I'd have thought.
    And as someone else mentioned, we might just as well ship him back (if we can) to save on wages.
  • Options
    March 27
    I just wonder though,Huddersfield played him like a piano.Roberts knew exactly what was coming after he got the ball off him and got his side the decisive penalty,then they knew to have a pop at him and he didn't let them down getting sent off.If at 31 opposition players can make a fool of him like that I'm pleased he will be out the way for a while.

As above. He's 31, his season is finished, bye bye have a nice life.
  • Options
    Sorry for him. Liked him despite his faults. Was quite excited about his potential in the team when he came in, and it is a shame that his abiding legacy for us will be of this disastrous game.
  • Options
    Send him back - no point in keeping him now.