Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA cup semis live tv coverage

Anyone know if ITV are showing both or will it be one each with ESPN?

Comments

• Would imagine ITV and ESPN will be showing both semi's.
  • I don't mind ESPNs Football coverage. ITV on the other hand...
  • I thought Everton played great last night I would like to see Moyes get a trophy (sorry johnboy) i think does a fantastic job up there.

When are they easter weekend?
  • Surely the merseyside derby will be on the Sunday with the Grand National on the Saturday
  • Surely the merseyside derby will be on the Sunday with the Grand National on the Saturday
    How dare you even suggest that!
  • liverpool have asked the fa to move there semi final date as it is the anniversary of hillsbrough.
  • Actually Liverpool didn't ask, they just expected the FA to make their match the Saturday.
    It's Chelsea who have asked to move theirs to the Saturday as they may be in CL Semi on the Tuesday.

Both games should be on the Saturday at 3pm. One at Old Trafford and the other at Arsenal's ground. Highlights shown later on TV.
  • liverpool have asked the fa to move there semi final date as it is the anniversary of hillsbrough.
    Really? How strange. I couldn't fit of a better tribute to those that lost their lifes than a Merseyside cup semi-final.
  • Actually Liverpool didn't ask, they just expected the FA to make their match the Saturday.
    It's Chelsea who have asked to move theirs to the Saturday as they may be in CL Semi on the Tuesday.

Both games should be on the Saturday at 3pm. One at Old Trafford and the other at Arsenal's ground. Highlights shown later on TV.
    Its wrong that the semi's are at Wembley, despite me having been to two North London semi's there in '91 and '93.

As for Chelsea wanting theisemi moved, I have two feelings on it. Firstly, when we played Seville in the Europa Cup, Chelsea refused to move our game with them at Stamford Bridge, so we had to play in Seville on the Thursday evening, then played them at Stamford Bridge on the Saturday lunchtime, less than 48 hours, so rightly we'll refuse all pleas to move the game. Anyhow, cant ever see the Met Police agreeing to a Friday night Spurs v Chelsea semi at Wembley, that would be carnage.

However, I realised I'd committed myself to ride a Sportive in the New Forest on the Sunday so I really do hope the game is moved to the Friday night or Saturday now.

You do have to wonder though. Ok, I know the FA want the semi's played at Wembley for financial reasons but surely the two Merseyside clubs can just play their's at OT instead. Do they really need to come down to London?
    I thought Everton played great last night I would like to see Moyes get a trophy (sorry johnboy) i think does a fantastic job up there.

When are they easter weekend?
    I have to say, out of the 3 teams left, I fear Everton the most. I think we'll beat Chelsea. We always seem to struggle against Everton where as our recent record against Liverpool is fairly good.

• FA needs to get as much money as they can to help repay wembley, hence why all semi's will be played at wembley from now on and no england games to be played around the country.
  • Sponsored links:

Completely agree. Neutral ground in the semis to be decided after the semi finalists are known. Liverpool Vs Everton at OT. Spurs vs Chelsea at Arsenal.
  • You can sell 90k tickets for both games, so sell 90k and play them both at Wembley.

As for Liverpool's request, typical
  • sadly the clubs never get 45k seats each due to all the sponser and the old duffers from the cornwall and districts fa's that always get there seats.
  • I think the allocation for semis is not too bad. It's the final that the fans lose out on.
  • Anyone know why the areas above the dug-outs at Wembley always look empty on the tv?
    Literally everytime I watch an England game I see two massive empty blocks.
  • They are reserved for the OohAhh's, and the majority of time most are still finishing their canapes.
  • Anyone know why the areas above the dug-outs at Wembley always look empty on the tv?
    Literally everytime I watch an England game I see two massive empty blocks.
    They're club Wembley seats.
  • I think the allocation for semis is not too bad. It's the final that the fans lose out on.
    Think you're right. Clubs should get circa 40k each for the semis.

The games are played at Wembley purely for financial reasons. The stadium looks great but cost an awful lot of money which has to repaid hence all FA Cup semis and England internationals are at HQ for the foreseeable future as Adam says.

Going to be two great games though and will be a huge boost to the FA Cup, especially with only Chelsea still left in Europe this season.

Spurs-Liverpool would be a very good final.
  • I think the semis being at Wembley could become a good tradition. A higher allocation and it's not like we live in a large country.
  • Takes the meaning of reaching the final away.

wembley just becomes another ground
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the semis being at Wembley could become a good tradition. A higher allocation and it's not like we live in a large country.
    the train companies make you think we do though.
  • Been told that spurs allocation is 31500.
    If that 'ain't too bad' for the fans then i don't wanna know the figure for the final.
  • All teams get 32k, and get 32k for the final I think, which is bigger then at the Old Wembley or Millennium.

Also you would expect Spurs and Chelsea fans to have access to a lot of the club Wembley seats through their firms, or just by owning the seats themselves.
  • Takes the meaning of reaching the final away.

wembley just becomes another ground
    It doesn't though really. You don't think yes we've made the semi-final, Villa Park here I come! A final will always be a big occasion.
    I think the semis being at Wembley could become a good tradition. A higher allocation and it's not like we live in a large country.
    the train companies make you think we do though.
    Good point.

• Realised yesterday that the Hartlepool game will clash with the cup final, which is disappointing, I think a Spurs Liverpool or Spurs Everton final would potentially be a good game between sides actually desperate to win it. Everton last night were excellent and it was an enjoyable game with a good atmos.

Sooner we are out of this pony league where we arent important enough to avoid clashes like this and internationals the better.
  • FA Cup final kicks off at 5.15pm on the 5th May..........just as we'll be collecting the trophy...Oops
  • FA Cup final at 5.15pm? That's just not right
  • Spurs get 31,585, confirmed by the club this morning. ST holders 1 ticket per person and any left get allocated via the loyalty points system. I've got 150 loyalty points, the cut off for tickets for the Pompey semi-final 2 years ago was 125ish so I'm likely to be on the borderline of getting a ticket outright that way, as the cut off points go up year on year. You watch the cut off being 151 or 152 points lol. Would be typical of my luck!

• how do they dish out the points then?

is it how many games youve seen? how long you have been part of the membership?
  • edited March 2012
    For ST ticket holders, pts are allocated based on the number of years they've held their ST and renewed, attended home cup games and away games home and abroad. Whereby you would get 1pt for watching Spurs play away somewhere in London on a Wednesday night, you get 3 or 5pt depending on distance travelled and importance of cup competition.

For members, pts are allocated on number of years they've held their membership and renewed then are awarded pts for the number of games attended home and away. Generally its only 1pt for a home game. You may get 3pts for a random Carling Cup game at home against a lowly ranked Div1/2 team.

I think last year you got 30pts for renewing a ST and 10-15pts for renewing a membership, depending if you were on the ST waiting list, or something like that. I cant remember without checking back.

Its the fairest way of doing things. Those that put the time and effort in to follow the team get rewarded as such.