Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA cup semis live tv coverage

Comments

• Options
    Realised yesterday that the Hartlepool game will clash with the cup final, which is disappointing.
    That's outrageous.
  • Options
    So real football fans can't see the FA Cup final? That's a disgrace.
  • Options
    FA Cup final kicks off at 5.15pm on the 5th May..........just as we'll be collecting the trophy...Oops
    Is that confirmed? Seems odd.

Dont we normally play our last game of the season on the bank holiday sunday?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    FA Cup final kicks off at 5.15pm on the 5th May..........just as we'll be collecting the trophy...Oops

always thought Prem was finished on the Sunday, the rest of FL on the Saturday. And isnt the FA Cup final early this year as its Euro's 2012 plus the CL final is the following saturday and could contain Chelsea?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
  • Options
    Both games should be on the Saturday at 3pm. One at Old Trafford and the other at Arsenal's ground. Highlights shown later on TV.
    I think the allocation for semis is not too bad. It's the final that the fans lose out on.
    Well at least they might get to see the highlights instead, if you let them!
  • Options

always thought Prem was finished on the Sunday, the rest of FL on the Saturday. And isnt the FA Cup final early this year as its Euro's 2012 and the CL final is now on a saturday and could contain Chelsea?
    There's a full PL fixture list scheduled for Cup Final day, 5th May. We're due to play Villa away. Last PL game is scheduled for the 13th. Sure I read that the Cup Final has been brought forward because of the Euro's and CL.
  • Options
    what if a league one side got in the final of the fa cup?
  • Options
    last day would get shifted forward
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    what if a league one side got in the final of the fa cup?
    It would be a miracle! Last happened in 1901 Tottenham then Southern League (third tier) I am led to believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Championship finishes even earlier the week before on the 28th April!

The PL games that weekend are all on Sunday 6th, except for Arsenal Norwich which is an early 12:45 kick off.

But the L1 and L2 games are all on the Saturday which is a poor show really.
  • Options
    I wonder if Charlton knew this when they offered the £10 Hartlepool deal ?
    I bet they did. Good work Airman. Turned a 12,000 crowd into a full house.
    Sssh keep this quiet or everyone will want a refund.
  • Options
    The Championship finishes even earlier the week before on the 28th April!

The PL games that weekend are all on Sunday 6th, except for Arsenal Norwich which is an early 12:45 kick off.

But the L1 and L2 games are all on the Saturday which is a poor show really.
    But at least they moved the time for us tho so we can get to the pub to see it... surprised they didnt make us play at 12pm.

• Options
    Christ the pubs in Charlton are going to be mobbed that night.. bet the anchor do their usual and shut!
  • Options
    I wonder if Charlton knew this when they offered the £10 Hartlepool deal ?
    I bet they did. Good work Airman. Turned a 12,000 crowd into a full house.
    Sssh keep this quiet or everyone will want a refund.
    That's how many will be in the ground by the time we lift the trophy.
  • Options
    Totally against the semis being at wembley, should be for the final only. As some have already stated everton v liverpool should be at old trafford - chelsea v spurs at the emirates. Ok it reduces the numbers able to go but keeps the tradition of the final only being at wembley which to me is how it should be.
  • Options
    Christ the pubs in Charlton are going to be mobbed that night.. bet the anchor do their usual and shut!
    if I was there I'd suggest everyone boot back to yours for a bbq. (now I have the address *evil cackle* :-) )

however i'll be doing archery and quadbiking in a field in Headcorn sulking instead.

• Options
    Well enjoy your archery and quadbiking! god that is bad bad timing... is it someone you really like?
  • Options
    I'm more interested in finding out if there's a way of following Chesterfield tonight.
  • Options
    Don't have a problem with the semi finals being at Wembley, means more fans to see their team and a day out for teams who may not get to see their team there otherwise. For example, Barnsley played there a few years back in the Semi Final against Cardiff and possibly won't return there for a long time.

If Charlton were ever to get that far in the FA Cup, would have no problem with us playing the semi's at Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wembley isn't a 'special' ground any more really - having playoffs and semis there has stopped all that. The Cup Final is early because of the Euros this year and the CL final next year which is at Wembley - UEFA demand that the ground be unplayed on for 14 days before the game. Broadcasters get higher ratings for 5.15 games surprisingly and so they are happy.

For a real laugh, bring back indefinate replays at a neutral ground.
  • Options
    Liverpool V Everton 12.30 Sat ESPN
    Chelsea V Spurs 18.00 Sun ITV
  • Options
    Whey! Thats perfect then. One pre match, and one to help get over the hangover.
  • Options
    can't believe the FA Cup Final is on a day when real football fans are at other games watching their teams play, a real disgrace. And so say the FA Cup has been devalued. Too right it has.
  • Options
    6pm on a Sunday night is an odd one. Don't recall a Sunday evening game that late over here.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Whey! Thats perfect then. One pre match, and one to help get over the hangover.
    From a personal POV that works out perfectly for me.

However, you do have to wonder what on earth the FA are playing at. Make the scousers travel all the way down to Wembley for a lunchtime kick off then they give the Spurs and Chelsea fans an eternity in the pubs on Sunday before kick off. Cant believe the old bill have allowed the Spurs semi-final ko to be 6pm. Would have thought it would have been 1.30pm utmost latest.

On top of that, doesnt exactly help Chelsea's CL campaign with even less recovery time. Shame that ;-)

• Options
    They have obviously got something against Chelsea, why is their game kicking off at 6pm? Surely it would have been fairer if the Liverpool v Everton game was late on Saturday then Chelsea v Spurs at 12.30pm on Sunday.
  • Options
    They have obviously got something against Chelsea, why is their game kicking off at 6pm? Surely it would have been fairer if the Liverpool v Everton game was late on Saturday then Chelsea v Spurs at 12.30pm on Sunday.
    Maybe sweetening up Daniel Levy for Redknapp negotiations? maybe?

• Options
    Premier League games at 2 and 4, and ESPN don't want to be up aganist those.

12.30 on Saturday is a Met request, ITV wanted 5.30 on Saturday
  • Options
    can't believe the FA Cup Final is on a day when real football fans are at other games watching their teams play, a real disgrace. And so say the FA Cup has been devalued. Too right it has.
    Where were you last year then? Vegas or the Moon?