Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Preston Players leak team ?

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
BBC Lancashire reporting Graham Westley has sacked four North End players for releasing details of the team and tactics prior to the match with Sheff Wed.

Comments

• Trooble at t'mill.
  • Wow. Saw their team coach coming down Leppings Lane this morning. Was hoping they were going to do us a favour today. Clearly they had other ideas!
  • Sounds like a bit of an AVB situation at Preston. A manager who's tried to bring in a new regime and getting resistance the whole way. I suspect the Preston team doesn't have quite so many high paid England, Premier League winning internationals dragging their feet though. It'll be a busy summer at Deepdale, hopefully involving us getting Coutts
  • Where have you got the sacking part from? I can't find that anywhere
  • As long as they're still a shambles when we play up there...and clinch promotion?
  • game should be re - played
  • If a once proud club like PNE employ someone like Westley to run their club, they deserve everything they get.
  • Westley is a one-trick pony. He will never succeed anywhere else in management after Stevenage.
  • He'll bring his people in for next season, sounds like they might be writing this season off though which is good for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been on PNE fans forum I didn't realise he was so hated, people saying he is the worst manager in their history etc. Apparently slapped a player to a get a reaction out of him after asking are you aggressive enough.

Don't think you can blame the manager in this situation clearly Ridsdale didn't look at the players before bringing in a manager who cannot play his game with the type of players they have. If they do a charlton and bring in a whole new team I'm sure they will be fine.
  • If you didn't know better, you'd think the whole thing was an April Fools stunt.
  • Been on PNE fans forum I didn't realise he was so hated, people saying he is the worst manager in their history etc. Apparently slapped a player to a get a reaction out of him after asking are you aggressive enough.

Don't think you can blame the manager in this situation clearly Ridsdale didn't look at the players before bringing in a manager who cannot play his game with the type of players they have. If they do a charlton and bring in a whole new team I'm sure they will be fine.
    Slapped a player ! If there's any truth in that he should have been sacked and if it was up to me prosecuted for assault. Hope they implode long enough for us to pick up three points there.

• Hope he's not sacked before we play them
  • Westey was on the FL programme last night. I believe he said that PNE has 35 full time professionals on the books, a few of them are very disgruntled at not getting selected and have become a fifth column inside the club. If certain players are acting up he has done the right thing by sacking them. I would go a step further and make sure as far as possible that they are blacklisted and never play again in the FL.

They have no money!

They have no money!
    To be fair to Norfolk SCP relied heavily on the Carl Jenkinson transfer fee to do most of his squad reconstruction.
  • Graham Westley always looks like he's on speed to me.
    He never blinks and his jaw's always going ten to the dozen.
    Odd fella.

They have no money!
    Having no money has never stopped Ridsdale spending money.
  • The man's got a track record second to none!
  • Sponsored links:

• Westley is a one-trick pony. He will never succeed anywhere else in management after Stevenage.
    sometimes it is like that, same with Parky and Colchester.
  • edited April 2012
    Westley is a one-trick pony. He will never succeed anywhere else in management after Stevenage.
    sometimes it is like that, same with Parky and Colchester.
    My favourite topic...........'Here we go, here we go, here we go'...............now where did I put the popcorn.
  • He looks like he should be a drill sergeant or something along those lines, wouldn't fancy him on the training ground week in week out
  • It sounds like a Cloughie at Leeds situation, a massive culture clash, and Preston aren't safe yet either...
  • Ridsdale & Westley deserve each other!
  • if i passed on sensitive/confidential information to a rival id expect to be sacked
  • if i passed on sensitive/confidential information to a rival id expect to be sacked
    Who remembers Charlton_Heights????

• As anyone noticed how the time it takes for Ridsdale's clubs to blow up gets shorter every time.
  • Who got sacked then?
  • Where is it written that Carl Jenkinson's money underwrote our transfer budget? I'd imagine the fee is bound up in appearances, and performance related payments. Seen as we were running at a loss, I'd imagine signing 20 plus players is almost completely underwritten by the owners.

Seen as the average champ player is on 4,000, and it's basically a rule of thumb that many 'champ' players seek ten grand plus if they're free, it makes sense to save at least 800,000 a year; if they were champ players.