Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston Players leak team ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    do we know what players are in trouble?
  • Options
    Been on PNE fans forum I didn't realise he was so hated, people saying he is the worst manager in their history etc. Apparently slapped a player to a get a reaction out of him after asking are you aggressive enough.

Don't think you can blame the manager in this situation clearly Ridsdale didn't look at the players before bringing in a manager who cannot play his game with the type of players they have. If they do a charlton and bring in a whole new team I'm sure they will be fine.
    Slapped a player ! If there's any truth in that he should have been sacked and if it was up to me prosecuted for assault. Hope they implode long enough for us to pick up three points there.

you are joking right? prosecuted for assault?...nothing wrong with a quick slap if someones takin the piss. Ill have a few quid that Ferguson has dished a few out.

I mean, i do it with my kids team all the time (joke)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Where is it written that Carl Jenkinson's money underwrote our transfer budget? I'd imagine the fee is bound up in appearances, and performance related payments. Seen as we were running at a loss, I'd imagine signing 20 plus players is almost completely underwritten by the owners.

Seen as the average champ player is on 4,000, and it's basically a rule of thumb that many 'champ' players seek ten grand plus if they're free, it makes sense to save at least 800,000 a year; if they were champ players.
    Don't know if it is written but I know what I heard SCP say on BBC's Late Kick Off the other week!
  • Options
    It was said at the start of the season the foirst month of the season and every month on here to anyone who would listen from them dirty nthn mug teams when they were saying how much dough we had spent

i think it was said by someone senior within the club at a fans meeting
  • Options
    Slater said that all our transfers were covered by the Jenkinson fee. I personally heard him say it, I think it was at a meeting at The Valley.
    Whether I believe him is another matter :-)
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/preston-north-end/fixtures

6 points above the relegation zone but it's a tough run in for them
  • Options
    Heard on Sky Sports News yesterday that Iain Hume and Neil Mellor have both come out and said that the stories are absolute 'rubbish'.

This isn't going to end pretty at all!
  • Options
    Lol that's one tough run in
  • Options
    It's even tougher if there is no togetherness - I suspect there is a massive clearout there in the summer whether they go down or not.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thats just plain dirty tactics if wednesday have made it up, you wouldn't have put it past Megson if he was still there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fancy our chances of beating the side they are putting out against us
  • Options
    I don't really understand what benefit Wednesday would have got by fabricating it.

Another thought - does it take four players to leak a team?!
  • Options
    One to remember the goalie , one the defence , one the midfield and one the attackers ...
    So 4 players is prolly right
  • Options
    Another thought - does it take four players to leak a team?!
    This is a point I just don't buy either and makes me very suspicious about the whole story tbh.

There could well be 4 players with the right 'ump with the manager but 4 players jointly leaking a team sheet? Nahhh....the world doesn't work like that.

• Options
    Lets' face it, at this level most teams are fairly predictable, I'm sure Oldham could guess our team on Saturday, and CP could guess their team, and both guesses would only be 1 or 2 players our (late injuries, tactical switches)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    But I can see why Westley would want to make it up.

He may not have, we don't know, but having seen his team pull every trick in the book at their place I'll take a pinch of salt thanks if that is alright.
  • Options
    Well if there was some 'leak' it was of precious little value to the Wendys as it took them until the second half to score.
  • Options
    A good point - we could have a good stab at predicting our team for Saturday will be the same one that beat Orient.
  • Options
    Playing a Defender upfront isn't the most positive thing to do when fans are on your back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Predicting Preston's team isn't an easy task considering they have had 40 different players turn out for them this season already!

Even Pardew would be proud of that!
  • Options
    I can see the logic of getting rid of disloyal players as well as C Carlisle, now a professional media luvvie and Ashbee who was P Brown's favorite from his Hull days. In fact, Brown left behind a similar situation at Hull .. too many indifferent players who cost too much money in both fees and wages. Westley will come good in the end given the continued support of the board and the bank manager, though I doubt if Preston will ever regain a place in the top division, the Premier League. He's gone to a club which is still associated with the glory days of the 80s, the 1880s. PNE is in an area overflowing with league clubs, the Manchesters, Liverpool, Everton, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Burnley, Accrington, Blackpool, Tranmere, Huddersfield, Rochdale, Bury etc etc are all within a few miles of Preston. I wish him success .. AFTER his side plays us.