Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bottom 3 in the Premier League

2»

Comments

• Options
    I don't know why people are so found of Steve Kean, hopefully Villa will go down but it's unlikely.

Wolves (new away end~!), QPR and one of the dull North-Western teams, I'll go for the one with the clueless manager, Blackburn.
  • Options
    Blackburn have a young team and I really thought in March they were starting to turn it around. Just shows how quickly things can change as they've lost all 4 in April. Looks bad for them now.
  • Options
    Hard to see Blackburn staying up, got mullered in their last 2 games and don't look having enough. Probably be between Bolton and QPR but I'd fancy QPR to stay up. Would prefere Blackburn to stay up out of those 3 and for Bolton and QPR to go down.
  • Options
    Not bothered about QPR "coming" down to join us in the Championship - crap ground (and that is saying something after L1!).
  • Options
    Hard to see Blackburn staying up, got mullered in their last 2 games and don't look having enough. Probably be between Bolton and QPR but I'd fancy QPR to stay up. Would prefere Blackburn to stay up out of those 3 and for Bolton and QPR to go down.
    What are the odds on us getting promoted at Blackburn again?
  • Options
    Squad-wise, I'd rather play Wigan. I think wolves will keep their stars as their chairman is very stubborn. Qpr have too much money really and will keep their players too.
  • Options
    Looking forward to going back to Wolves, haven't been to Molineux since we drew 0-0 with them on a Tuesday night in the Coca Cola Cup about fifteen years back.

Wigan is a pretty boring team to visit but then again so are Blackburn and Bolton. Very little atmosphere at either ground.

Then again I can't stand watching them on the TV in the Premier League ahead of well supported clubs in the Championship.
    You sound like a Massive Wednesday fan
  • Options
    Anyway Wolves, QPR & Blackburn to go down hopefully.
  • Options
    hope it's Bolton, Blackburn & Wolves - 3 more localish games for us
    Im hoping that aswell,Bolton and Blackburn doable on an awayday!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    x wrong thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Villa v Bolton tomorrow night..........an away win would bring Villa right into the mix.

Villa Park next season anyone?!
  • Options
    Definitely hoping for a Bolton win - want them and Wigan to stay up, QPR and Blackburn to go down.
  • Options
    I can see Wolves getting out of it, they played well against City. For me it's now Wigan, Blackburn and QPR.
  • Options
    I can see Wolves getting out of it, they played well against City. For me it's now Wigan, Blackburn and QPR.
    ?
  • Options
    Wolves and QPR -I can not be doing with Mark Hughes and his smug face -- and will be good to watch warnock and him at Loftus road

I hope Blackburn stay up for Keans sake ...and hope when if they do he walks away --Some Blackburn fans have been an utter disgrace -no other word - so it is either Bolton or Villa so a big big game tonight.

Also hope WHU make it to PREMIER and see how the fans/Board react ?? Allydyce or DiCanio --
  • Options
    have fancied Villa for the drop for a couple of months. Lose tonight then they are really in it. C'mon Bolton.
  • Options
    Wolves are already down.

If Villa lose to Bolton, I feel they are on a very slippery slope.
  • Options
    I think Villa are all but safe, realistically I think they only need 3 points for their last 4 games. Tough for Bolton, I think they're going to need 3 wins from their last 5,so are as good as down too, despite the game in hand, just can't see them winning more than 1 or two of those 5, if they can win 2 they might finish 18th instead of 19th.

So that leaves 1 space, with Wigan, Blackburn and QPR battling it out. Wigan have to play Blackburn at Blackburn, a game which could decide which of those two stays up.

Fixtures:

Wigan - Newcastle at home, Blackburn away, Wolves at home - estimated final points 40 SAFE
    Blackburn - Tottenham away, Wigan home, Chelsea away - 31 points DOWN
    QPR - Chelsea away, Stoke home, Man City away - 37 points SAFE
    Bolton - Villa away, Sunderland away, Tottenham home, West Brom home, Stoke away - 35 DOWN

Of course I'm sure to be surprised, but Wigan seem to have the best chance, the experience of survival last year and it's clearly in their hands (playing wolves at home on the last day is a bonus).

Blackburn really only have a chance if they can beat Wigan, and even then I think they're going to struggle, I have them down to lose all 3 games.

QPR should just squeak it, though I only having them getting something off Stoke, Man City on the last day is the worst possible fixture if they need something to stay up.

Bolton could take QPR to the last day, they have the most games to play, and 4 of them against teams in not exactly great form. I make it close and it really could be either of QPR or Bolton.

So that's Wolves down, Blackburn down and one of QPR or Bolton, Villa and Wigan to be safe, most likely before the final weekend of matches.

• Options
    Should have added:

Villa - Bolton at home, West Brom away, Tottenham at home, Norwich away

If villa beat Bolton they move onto 39 points and are safe I think. Even if they can't win that, I can see them getting at least a point of two out of the other games, meaning they should finish on at least 37 points. With their better goal difference they'd be extremely unlucky to go down with 37 points I think, but stranger things have happened.
  • Options
    QPR
    Blackburn
    Wolves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    QPR
    Blackburn
    Wolves
    You think Wolves will get out of it too? So do I.
  • Options
    Dreadful result for Villa tonight, they are in free-fall.
  • Options
    Villa are a pi55 poor excuse of a football team .Watched them at spurs a few months back and just came to keep the score down.Made no attempt to cross the half way line!
    If they were to drop,could see them doing a Charlton/Leeds
  • Options
    VILLA!
  • Options
    Villa needed a new manager, so who better to appoint that the boss of your local rivals, who incidently got them relegated.............................................

Now I don't think you'd ever see Charlton do something as silly as that. :-O