Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

b'burn v man utd

prolly uniteds worse team for a while but that second goal by young must have had 50 passes before it , great goal

and as for their support , ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    Was a great goal , I just hope when yann gets our 2nd at Carlise we go just as nutts
  • Options
    well we'll be twice as loud and our repertoire of songs put them plastic premiership glory boys to shame
  • Options
    We will be 2wice as pissed
  • Options
    *Plaaayer likes this
  • Options
    We should sing

We're going up, we're going up, we're going, Charlton's going up

to the tune of three lions (football's coming home)
  • Options
    prolly uniteds worse team for a while but that second goal by young must have had 50 passes before it , great goal

and as for their support , ridiculous
    agree...there support was unbelievable...Couldn't hear anything other than United fans

• Options
    Proper Utd fans from Manchester who probably can't afford a Old Trafford ST. The noise they created was exceptional.
  • Options
    Giggs is unreal

They do it every season, come good at the right time. Even Evans is starting to look half a player.
  • Options
    He's big, he's red, he sleeps in Fergie's bed, Howard Webb, Howard Webb!
  • Options
    Jose to City then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well we'll be twice as loud and our repertoire of songs put them plastic premiership glory boys to shame
    Yeah, they all live in Surrey. ARF!
  • Options
    Most average United team in a generation for me, so Mancini deserves the tin tac.

Jose and Fergie together in Manchester, going to be fun next season
  • Options
    Jose to City then
    There's was reports it was done last week but then Jose poured water on it. Bet the Sheiks have been sniffing around.

• Options
    Interesting tactics from Keane. Where possible he seemed to have players clearing by running into space and waiting for support. They hoofed when little time to think, but otherwise it was an effective way of not surrendering possession. CP take note.
  • Options
    The most open League for a while. Best City team for many years - good side. Best Spurs side for years. Arsenal looking excellent etc etc........don't see how this United team - in rebuilding mode, can be deemed a bad side or the worst for years.
  • Options
    United held their nerve brilliantly, its what Champions do isn't it?

Compare and contrast with the shambolic displays by City against Sunderland and Stoke.

Valencia is a top player on his day, not the most subtle but is very quick and has a great strike.

Scholes played well too, just kept it simple and kept them ticking over.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'll think you'll find that if you look at the ratio between home fans and away fans, factor in the Monday night aspect, the TV aspect and the proximity of the two clubs, United's support tonight was guff.

By my reckoning they should've taken at least 30,000 to be on a par with Bury.
  • Options
    I'll think you'll find that if you look at the ratio between home fans and away fans, factor in the Monday night aspect, the TV aspect and the proximity of the two clubs, United's support tonight was guff.

By my reckoning they should've taken at least 30,000 to be on a par with Bury.
    :-)
  • Options

Compare and contrast with the shambolic displays by City against Sunderland and Stoke.

Valencia is a top player on his day, not the most subtle but is very quick and has a great strike.

Absolutely.

The difference between Utd is their finishing and taking their chances ratios. Go back to the Spurs game at WHL last month. We hammered them every way which possible in the first 43 mins. They get one Dodgy free kick out on the wing, cross it and they get a scrappy goal.

They have the habit of winning when not at their best. Thats what champions do.

Will be interesting to see who SAF brings in during the summer. They havent been at their strongest this year and no doubt they'll be looking to improve again.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see who SAF brings in during the summer. They havent been at their strongest this year and no doubt they'll be looking to improve again.
    They were saying on the commentary last night that, despite being portrayed as a poor (in relative terms) Utd team, if they win their remaining games they will set a new Premier League record. So can't be that shabby and I dread to think what they'd be like if they were considered 'good'!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three things for me about City which have cost them

1 - David Silva is either injuried or physically/mentally shot
    2 - They've got no cover in defense, so ended up with some clowns at centre half this year
    3 - Mancini is a knob really, his record in Italy looks good because of juve being stripped of the title, and he really can't handle big names.

Mourinho there next season, and they'll win the league
  • Options
    They were saying on the commentary last night that, despite being portrayed as a poor (in relative terms) Utd team, if they win their remaining games they will set a new Premier League record. So can't be that shabby and I dread to think what they'd be like if they were considered 'good'!

Exactly! They have been OK in the Premiership just absolute crap in the European competitions, if they are weak then what does that say about the rest?

Absolutely.

The difference between Utd is their finishing and taking their chances ratios. Go back to the Spurs game at WHL last month. We hammered them every way which possible in the first 43 mins. They get one Dodgy free kick out on the wing, cross it and they get a scrappy goal.

They have the habit of winning when not at their best. Thats what champions do.

That game at WHL summed it up in game, Spurs were superior in every way but just got picked off at the worst possible times for the first two goals and it was all over. Spurs did not take their chances and got punished, if they'd won that game then who knows what might have happened?
  • Options
    United have also been lucky that De Gea has remembered how to be a top quality keeper.
  • Options
    Still not convinced on De Gea being top top quality. Looks too lightweight and too many blips to be playing for title winners. Perhaps another season will help him
  • Options
    Jose wants the United job going to Citeh will jepordise that
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    He'll have a long wait, can't see Fergie going for a few years yet.

Anyway, would Utd want Mourino? His style of football is hardly the Utd way is it?
  • Options
    He wants away from Spain this summer NLA, so if the right job comes up in England he'll go to it, Spurs is a step down, Chelsea would be a nightmare, City gives him money to play with, and a decent squad.
  • Options
    I think he will go to Spuds then Utd Fegie is the master no where near ready to quit but he is getting old
  • Options
    I think he will go to Spuds then Utd Fegie is the master no where near ready to quit but he is getting old
    I'd love to see Jose at Spurs but realistically? not a hope in hell sadly.

• Options
    Would you really John? What about Tottenham's tradition of playing attractive football?