Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spurs v Chelsea FA cup semi.

2»

Comments

• Options
    What's worse - diving or celebrating a goal you know hasn't gone over the line?!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
  • Options
    What's worse - diving or celebrating a goal you know hasn't gone over the line?!
    Diving, as it's you trying to con the ref, whereas celebrating a goal that shouldn't have been isn't you conning anyone, it's not really your fault the ref is a complete pleb, but both aren't exactly right in my eyes.
  • Options
    Completely disagree - if they knew it didn't cross the line (and Terry for one has said he knew it hadn't), so trying to con the ref is exactly what it is.

So why is diving worse?
  • Options
    Heard the Chelsea fans singing "we are going to Wembley".
    Not sure where the game was being played!
  • Options
    At least with diving there has usually been some form of (debateable) contact. Chelsea players today knew it wasn't a goal and totally conned the ref rather than tried to play on. Not suprised at all though...
  • Options
    Just came back from the pub after watching the game. A plastic Chelsea fan in his footy shirt sat down with us as he is regular and I asked him who scored one of the goals after I had asked if it was Ramirez. "Oh it was Mata or Ramirez.........."
    I then find out he has only been to Chelsea once!
  • Options
    Perhaps once every five years or so a player is strong enough to be honest during the match and not afterwards about these sorts of decisions.

Its really not that much to do with Chelsea in particular, just sadly the way the game is played (winning being more important then honesty) .
  • Options
    chelsea mate at the game said it was chelsea helms who spoiled the silence
  • Options
    At least with diving there has usually been some form of (debateable) contact. Chelsea players today knew it wasn't a goal and totally conned the ref rather than tried to play on. Not suprised at all though...
    To be honest in a game as big as this I would hazard a guess that most if not all teams would claim a goal and had the shoe been on the other foot no doubt spurs would. Not saying it's right but that's modern football for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just back. Havent seen the second goal yet, just turned on SSN and no doubt it'll get shown at 10. With most teams, an incident like that would give the opposition a mighy kick up the back side. Sadly, it knocked the stuffing out of us.

Can confirm it was the Chelsea end that ruined the silence. Was immaculately observed by the Spurs end.
    Was disgusted and embarrassed to hear a rendition of "I'd rather be a Pakistani than a Jew" using the common abbreviations in the same pub as us. Was with my usual group of friends, including 3 Indian guys and a West Indian. Shocked and saddened to say the least.

Thought we were the better team 1st half. God knows what happened 2nd half. Very disappointed. Will take a miracle for us to finish top 4 now.
  • Options
    not condoning the ruining of the silence but I get the feeling that some of the behaviour from Liverpool this season is making a minority act this way . From the Suarez incident and all that followed to the way Dalglish has behaved with the media this has all added to a lot of fans turning against Liverpool
  • Options
    Just no point in having the silence at Wembley today, there was a full service at Anfield today including a minutes silence.
  • Options
    You have to remember, Spurs a great Cup side..........
  • Options
    Weren't they having a minutes silence for the Italian Serie B player Piermario Morosini too? Not much humanity from Chelsea fans eh!
  • Options
    Better quality refs in the Championship? lol
  • Options
    Was always a bad idea
  • Options
    Driving back from Cumbria during the first half. As soon as I heard the chanting during the minute's silence I said to the wife, 'That will be the Chelsea fans'. Utter scum. It wasn't just a handful either.
    I am so glad I don't support that club.
  • Options
    Was watching on ITV and they cut away and turned the sound down.

What were the Chelsea fans chanting?
  • Options
    I don't think we need it repeated on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'The reds are going up' i think.
  • Options
    Found it on a news report.

Good to see Chelsea FC has been quick to condemn them.
  • Options
    We will soon have refs giving goals when the ball gets into the six yard box if yesterday's performance is anything to go by.

About time football got up to date with technology. None of this goal line fancy and expensive kit. Just try a video camera and lots and lots of common sense,
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We will soon have refs giving goals when the ball gets into the six yard box if yesterday's performance is anything to go by.

About time football got up to date with technology. None of this goal line fancy and expensive kit. Just try a video camera and lots and lots of common sense,
    Or Hawkeye. Tried and tested, and proven to be both quick and accurate.