Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The cup to be parachuted into the Valley????

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mental. This is going to be such an amazing day!
  • Options
    If this is true then its going to be absolutely brilliant!!
  • Options
    Brilliant. Thank you to whoever organised this.
  • Options
    Will this be before the game or after, bearing in mind the presentation will be after.

The weather had better improve !
    BBC prediciting another 10 days of unsettled weather in the SE region, please god let it be nice on the 5th!!!!
  • Options
    If this is true it will be one of the most wonderful days of my life. In 1971, shortly before my Son died at the age of 11, my Dad who had been in the Army all his life arranged for Lee to go up in the plane with The Red Devils on a demonstration. When we arrived, they had made him safety harness to his size, and he was strapped in the plane as he watched the team leap out. It was a day for us all to remember.
    If this happens next week you can imagine how I will be feeling, it will be like he is there again in that plane. I think I will be totally overwhelmed.
  • Options
    If this is true it will be one of the most wonderful days of my life. In 1971, shortly before my Son died at the age of 11, my Dad who had been in the Army all his life arranged for Lee to go up in the plane with The Red Devils on a demonstration. When we arrived, they had made him safety harness to his size, and he was strapped in the plane as he watched the team leap out. It was a day for us all to remember.
    If this happens next week you can imagine how I will be feeling, it will be like he is there again in that plane. I think I will be totally overwhelmed.
    wow grandpa, thats brought a tear to my eye that.
  • Options
    enjoy ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I've heard the plane will then continue on and hover over the New Den and Selhurst for a while but then fly on to the Emirates and pick up Ollie Van Persie Susans who will be taken back to the Valley and parachuted in and unveiled as our first signing for next year. He will of course, be wearing the new Nike Charlton kit.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    What with this and the possibilty of a well known singer (as yet unkown but watch some rotten sod give us the 'official' tip off) the organisers secret surprises are slowly coming out of the hat.
    Wish folk would just keep quiet about this stuff and just relish instead in the surprise that it gives a lot of us, assuming it's the organisers intention that is.
  • Options
    Should I not mention the Charlton Legends penalty shoot out at Half Time then ?

Clive Mendonca vs Bob Bolder etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should I not mention the Charlton Legends penalty shoot out at Half Time then ?

Clive Mendonca vs Bob Bolder etc.
    LOL.......trust you!!

• Options
    I'm a rotten sod?

I have been called worse!
  • Options
    a bit gimmicky and americanish for my liking , the sort of thing if palarse did we'd be taking the pee out of em for

regards victor meldrew

i just prefer the opera singer and get on with it

although this will get kids excited so is prolly a good idea
  • Options
    also i think it may drag one or two of us who dont usually leave the lib till 2.55pm out early to get in nice and early and watch the entertainment and help buildup the atmospher prior to kick off, so will be in the lib at opening on the 5th and head to the ground at 2.. nice...
  • Options
    Will be thinking of you next week @Grandpa

• Options

Ooh......that's gonna have a lasting impression....takes on an added dimension to the event...won't know whether to laugh or cry....I think it will be the latter to be honest.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    enjoy ;)
    Don't you go claiming the credit Fred. It is coming out of you inheritance money though ;-)

• Options
    haha still not convinced. Love to see it though :'D
  • Options
    When was the game that the red devils were last at the valley? Seem to remember them landing in the middle of the pitch with the ball. Landed in the centre circle coming from south to north. Both me and my grandad remember it and remember sitting in the upper west so must have been 99 to 04 maybe.
    Anyone remember the game/occassion?
  • Options

Me too. I know my son will love seeing them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The red devils are not really going to be holding the trophy are they as they jump out of the plane and land on the pitch are they?
  • Options
    ou
    I have also heard there will be some entertainment BUT really not sure if I believe who it'll be....
    That guy should run on the pitch again. That was entertaining......
  • Options
    ou
    I have also heard there will be some entertainment BUT really not sure if I believe who it'll be....
    That guy should run on the pitch again. That was entertaining......
    I'd advise him not to push his luck.

Really looking forward to the whole day. Anyone know what time the pre-match entertainment will start?
  • Options
    The red devils are not really going to be holding the trophy are they as they jump out of the plane and land on the pitch are they?
    Holding it? I expect them to be wearing it!

• Options
    Holding it? I expect them to be wearing it!

Crickey Stig , it could be like that trophy incident Barcelona once had with the team bus , when they ran over the trophy!