Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton - 30,000 Seater Stadium???

2»

Comments

• Options
    Driven past it on a few ocassions and looking forward to popping down there next season. Always had a bit of a soft spot for the seagulls.................
  • Options
    Not sure it's true to say they have Sussex to themselves as we have always done very nicely in terms of the Hastings area. Eight or nine coaches coming from Sussex for Hartlepool.
  • Options
    Not sure it's true to say they have Sussex to themselves as we have always done very nicely in terms of the Hastings area. Eight or nine coaches coming from Sussex for Hartlepool.
    i always see a lot of people in brighton wearing brighton replica shirts though. Think they have a very under-represented fanbase
  • Options
    My office is "three minutes" away from their ground and my die-hard Charlton supporting kids go to school in their catchment area....

... I suspect their ground MAY get full while they are on a (perceived) upward curve but give it a few years and it will look as shit as the rusty Toolbox.

There is little or no loyalty to Brighton down here. Outside of their Withdean hardcore most of their fans are glory boys who will revert back to Chelsea in a couple of years unfortunately!

• Options
    i always see a lot of people in brighton wearing brighton replica shirts though. Think they have a very under-represented fanbase
    Define "a lot".... I think most down here are your classic nothing town glory hunters... don't get me wrong while they are successful those "fans" will support Brighton but as soon as they're not they will go back to Chelsea etc.
  • Options
    Define "a lot".... I think most down here are your classic nothing town glory hunters... don't get me wrong while they are successful those "fans" will support Brighton but as soon as they're not they will go back to Chelsea etc.
    I'm always seeing one or 2 walking around with brighton shirts on every time i go down there. Certainly as many chelsea, man utd or arsenal shirts i see, there's just as many brighton ones. Brighton seems to me a place where the people who live there have a strong affiliation and love for their town. If brighton isn't their number one they're certainly their number 2 club and they could definitley fill those seats with plastics, just like we did when we were in the prem.
  • Options
    Think they also have about 3000 waiting list for season tickets, so really makes sense to reel em in asap.
  • Options
    Brighton has always had decent support for the size of their club but I think the new owners are wanting to make them bigger, will it work - who knows? was very surprised to read the st waiting list, maybe they could become the biggest club on the south coast - fair play to them I've been to both GG and the withdean what happened to them at the GG was a joke.
  • Options
    Don't know if any of you saw it, but on Monday's Late Kick Off they were talking about ways of getting more fans to games and they used Brighton as an example. On a Saturday matchday they open the ground at 1pm to get people in and eating and drinking and keep some parts of the ground open till 11pm. The guy from Brighton was saying they want to make it more of an experience than just the match. Of course this brings in more revenue for the club - although I guess having a nice new stadium helps a bit with this.

I've often wondered why other clubs haven't worked out that keeping the food and drink kiosks open after the game might make sense and bring in more revenue. Surely enough fans would be willing to hang around for a drink after the game to let the traffic die down before they leave?
  • Options

I've often wondered why other clubs haven't worked out that keeping the food and drink kiosks open after the game might make sense and bring in more revenue. Surely enough fans would be willing to hang around for a drink after the game to let the traffic die down before they leave?
    People would only moan that local businesses (Liberal Club specifically) would suffer if the club kept more of the match day spend to themselves. I am sure that big bar at Selhurst used to open after the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

People would only moan that local businesses (Liberal Club specifically) would suffer if the club kept more of the match day spend to themselves. I am sure that big bar at Selhurst used to open after the game.
    The liberals problems have nothing to do with the club, besides how many drink there after the game anyway?
  • Options
    They could easily average around the 27-28000 mark if the do well (ie like this season), large catchment area, an away game that we, and plenty others would all enjoy (hope they up the away allocation to around 5000), and don't forget there was a time when they were getting around 30000 crowds at the Goldstone....remember the 7-0 defeat there in 83.
  • Options
    They could easily average around the 27-28000 mark if they do well (ie like this season), large catchment area, an away game that we, and plenty others would all enjoy (hope they up the away allocation to around 5000), and don't forget there was a time when they were getting around 30000 crowds at the Goldstone....remember the 7-0 defeat there in 83.
  • Options
    Can't recall the crowd that day but it was pretty big.
  • Options
    You can't
    Look at these at the Withdean.

Average Attendance:
    2010-2011: 7,352 (League One)
    2009-2010: 6,467 (League One)
    2008-2009: 6,092 (League One)
    Bit like saying Charlton were only getting 8,000 at the Valley in 1992.

Withdean had a tiny capacity. Now with more seats they can sell more ST than Palace's average home gate.

Good luck to them. I'm looking forward to a trip to the Amex next season.

• Options
    how big do they normally allow on an away allocation? This one will be very popular
  • Options
    big student population too, nes pa?
  • Options

Personally I reckon that Brighton could push on to 23,000 or so in the Champ if they are doing well..
    The capacity is currently 22,374! Filled each week.

You sure?

Average Att this season: 20,029
    Highest Att this season: 20,968

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~20117,00.html

This is because they don't automatically count all their ST holders as attending all games as most clubs (including ourselves?) do. They have automated turnstiles for ST's so it can just count who came and who didn't - hence the attendance figures are always below capacity despite most games being a complete sell out.
  • Options
    Let's just hope that the away game next season is not mid week...
  • Options
    A Saturday in September would be nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2012
    They're moving away fans to the new SE corner next season as Gus doesn't like away fans behind the goal.
  • Options
    A Saturday in September would be nice.
    We can dream...

It'll be a tuesday in Jan more like.