Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any decent pubs in Brixton close to the Tube station ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Enjoy!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the input everyone. FYI.

Canterbury Arms okish, old man's pub, old furniture & decor. Not too busy. Guinness £3.60 a pint. A bit like The Swan before the refurb. Mark 6

Plan B wasn't open pre gig.

Beehive (Weatherspoons) . Nice pub, but clientelle ain't top notch, very busy. Guinness £3.10 a pint. Mark 4

Trinity Arms - An oasis in Brixton. Lovely pub, furniture good, decor very good. Not too busy.Guinness £4 a pint. Mark 8. I would have scored it 9, except for the prices. If you're not fussed about the higher prices, Trinity wins hands down.

As for New Order, sound system was such that you couldn't hear Barney singing very well. Whether that was deliberate or not I don't know, but I'd rather hear his not so good voice, than hardly be able to hear him at all. Spoilt it for me.

Was decent but not great.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It warms the heart of my cockles to hear that the Trinity Arms is still a great pub so many years since I was a regular.

Shame it's a bit pricey though.
  • Options
    Canterbury Arms okish, old man's pub, old furniture & decor. Not too busy. Guinness £3.60 a pint. A bit like The Swan before the refurb. Mark 6

AND THAT'S HOW WE LIKE IT.

'Change is Bad'

Will be in there next week before the Inspirals/Happy Mondays gig.....
  • Options
    It warms the heart of my cockles to hear that the Trinity Arms is still a great pub so many years since I was a regular.

Shame it's a bit pricey though.

Same here, glad you weren't disappointed. Like Saga, I have many happy memories: it was the local of the Young's Individual Darts Champion in my day ('66 to 74), a really good bloke but merciless with the 'arrers' but found that after eight pints of Special his aim wobbled a bit!
  • Options
    Yep, the Trinity was good, lovely Otter.

Agree with CE about Barney's voice being low in the mix but didn't spoil it for me. I thought they were really good and tight and ached yesterday because of all the dancing.
    My standouts were Ceremony, Perfect Kiss, 586 and Temptation.

Review:
    http://thequietus.com/articles/08716-new-order-live-review-2