Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Real Madrid Win La Liga

For the 32nd time.

Mourinho's 4th title in 4 different countries.

They play late out there don't they? Nearly midnight!

Comments

• Options
    Great
  • Options
    Nice
  • Options
    Pleased for them, slap in the face to the pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass mentality of Barca. Always preferred Madrid, Mourinho is amazing, and I havebeen to the Bernabeau on my 21st birthday and it was astonishing
  • Options
    does anybody know what public transport is like out there? cos if the games finish at midnight they must have transport running all the time. though it does kind of explain the poor numbers who go away in that league.
  • Options
    imagine a midnight midweek game at the valley, i dare ya!
  • Options
    does anybody know what public transport is like out there? cos if the games finish at midnight they must have transport running all the time. though it does kind of explain the poor numbers who go away in that league.
    Madrid's public transport is great, much much better than ours, just as regualr as our tubes, but run later and more efficiently. The Bernabeau's away allocation is tiny, something silly like 1200 tickets out of 80000+, so most away numbers are going to look poor if this is the trend across Spain
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The lack of away support is more of a cultural thing (not helped by some very long journeys including to the islands), only certain clubs travel with decent numbers and you can't really count the big two in that as they have fans that pop up all over the shop.

In Spain football is about the home games and the fortnightly routine for the vast majority, rather than a British, Northern or Central European attitude.

Makes next season very interesting...!
  • Options
    Madrid's public transport is great, much much better than ours, just as regualr as our tubes, but run later and more efficiently. The Bernabeau's away allocation is tiny, something silly like 1200 tickets out of 80000+, so most away numbers are going to look poor if this is the trend across Spain
    Most fans in Spain don't really bother with away games, I was at the nou camp when Barca played valencia in the final of a cup, valencia bought about 100 fans and the were 1-nil up from the first leg!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I think Ronaldo should get the Charlton end of season DVD and see how a penalty should be taken. Second week in a row he has chuffed one to the keeper.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    thanks for the answers guys. i had a suspicion that going away isn’t really a thing to do for the Spanish though it sounds as if maybe we could learn a little from their cities transport systems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Ronaldo should get the Charlton end of season DVD and see how a penalty should be taken. Second week in a row he has chuffed one to the keeper.
    Just as long as he doesn't get confused and watch a video of Yann taking one
  • Options
    Cant stand ronaldo, but nice for a chubbier mourhino and I hate danny alves most, so glad that barca lost to this lot, happy for alonso too
  • Options
    Seville kicked off at 10.30 at night the other week, because the Spanish FA did not want any game clashing with their two pet teams playing each other. Disgraceful. The Seville fans protested by hurling tennis balls onto the pitch at the kick off.

• Options
    Puta Sevilla!

Despite this victory people will still state that Barca are the best club team ever.
  • Options
    Puta Sevilla!

Despite this victory people will still state that Barca are the best club team ever.
    They are. This current Madrid team has been great but I do think Barcelona have thrown it away a little bit this year.

Incredible when you look at the goal differences of those two teams against the rest in the league. In La Liga, 50 points will get you in the top 6 or thereabouts!

• Options
    Pub league, Messi scored his 46th league goal last night......he would not get 25 in the Prem
  • Options
    Pub league, Messi scored his 46th league goal last night......he would not get 25 in the Prem
    WUM?
  • Options
    WUM?
    No, serious, I dont think he would, he showed he was human by missing the pen against Chelsea and I have seen him miss a few sitters on top of this. No way would he score that amount of goals in English football
  • Options
    WUM?
    No, serious, I dont think he would, he showed he was human by missing the pen against Chelsea and I have seen him miss a few sitters on top of this. No way would he score that amount of goals in English football
    Weirdly, I agree, when is the last time he performed in the Champions League against English opponents, on English soil? He's a menace at the Nou Camp where Barca camp on the edge of the box, but I truly believe he wouldn't be up to much in the Prem. Ronaldo for me is a better all round player, even if he is a selfish, petulant, diving, cheating, greasy nancy boy see you next tuesday.
  • Options
    Last season at Wembley, against Man United.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am not suggesting he cannot perform here or against English clubs I am just saying he would not do it week in week out scoring over 40 goals in a season.

The spanish league is like the Scottish Prem, take the top slice off and you are left with dross.
  • Options
    Well considering Athletic Bilbao knocked out the second place team in the Premier league, it doesnt say much for us does it...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    but I truly believe he wouldn't be up to much in the Prem. blockquote>

LOL...really? You REALLY don't think the best player of his generation wouldn't be up to much when faced with the cast iron defences of Wolves, QPR and Bolton?

• Options
    WUM?
    have to say that the spanish way of playing football is very attacking which makes for a bit more space to run in for the likes of messi. he wouldn’t get so much space in the premiership, managers would be a bit more smarter in how to cope with messi. though i think he would get over 30 but it depends on who he plays for. if he replaced henrey in that arsenal side he would bloody love it. if he went to arsenal now, he'll find it alot more harder. man city would probably be the best bet. think it would take him a couple of months to settle though.

you cant say its a pub league. most of the teams in their would beat the english equivalent. especially my boys Levante.
  • Options
    Messi probably wouldn't get 46 league goals in the Premier League.

He would still be the best player in it by a country mile though.
  • Options
    Well considering Athletic Bilbao knocked out the second place team in the Premier league, it doesnt say much for us does it...
    Bilbao are are a top 6 team so no real surprise, as I said the "top slice" are good
  • Options
    but I truly believe he wouldn't be up to much in the Prem. blockquote>

LOL...really? You REALLY don't think the best player of his generation wouldn't be up to much when faced with the cast iron defences of Wolves, QPR and Bolton?

All three of those will probably be relegated this season, so of course he would do well against them, Like Aguero, Drogba, Torres, Suarez, Tevez, Rooney and Van Persie all do, but what I am saying is I don't think he'll come here and tear every single team apart and score huge amounts of goals like he does in the Spanish League, and he won't outshine Ronaldo's efforts when he was here. They play differently on the continent, and I think people like Rooney, Van Persie, Ronaldo are more suited to the English game than Messi would be.

I'm not saying he is sh#t, but I am saying that he gets way overhyped, all this talk of him being 'human after all' after missing a penalty etc. and people creaming themselves everytime he touches the ball
  • Options
    Brilliant, I didn't think people really had this mindset.

So Barca are the best of all time and Messi wouldn't get many in the premiership. mmm....
  • Options
    I am not suggesting he cannot perform here or against English clubs I am just saying he would not do it week in week out scoring over 40 goals in a season.

The spanish league is like the Scottish Prem, take the top slice off and you are left with dross.
    Isn't this exactly the sort of attitude that leads us going into tournaments massively overating ourselves then, when we're home before the postcards, leaves us stunned and blaming the manager because the Prem is by far the best league in the world*?

*courtesy of course to Sky TV.