Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Real Madrid Win La Liga

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ha, ha quality, love the way the stewards rushed to clear the balls and they were still pouring down on them.

Sums it up though, Celtic & Rangers with tans
  • Options
    Oh dear Mike
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I am not suggesting he cannot perform here or against English clubs I am just saying he would not do it week in week out scoring over 40 goals in a season.

The spanish league is like the Scottish Prem, take the top slice off and you are left with dross.
    Yeah, same for Ronaldo. If he played in England he would never near get 40 goals in a season. Oh.....

• Options
    Barcelona are obviously not the best team.

Real Madrid are the best team in Spain they finished first.

Barcelona are the second best team as they finished second.

Thats how it works isn't it?

• Options
    I am pleased as I think Mourinho is a top banana despite his occasional irrantional behaviour and should have been offered the England Managers job...now that would have been something
  • Options
    I am not suggesting he cannot perform here or against English clubs I am just saying he would not do it week in week out scoring over 40 goals in a season.

The spanish league is like the Scottish Prem, take the top slice off and you are left with dross.
    Yeah, same for Ronaldo. If he played in England he would never near get 40 goals in a season. Oh.....

Spot on Rob, I think Ronaldo is a better player as has been said above by others
  • Options
    Surprised Real defeated Bilbao so comfortably....Bilbao have been hot to trot recently.....fantastic young side with tons of potential.
  • Options

Look at the last time Liverpool won the Champion's League. They were supposedly the best team in Europe but in fact weren't even the best team in Liverpool!

• Options

Look at the last time Liverpool won the Champion's League. They were supposedly the best team in Europe but in fact weren't even the best team in Liverpool!

I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with me but I did put Spain not Europe (or World).

• Options
    edited May 2012

Exactly and we beat them 2-0 at the Valley. Mind you half our crowd had gone by the time the match ended. Still annoys me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A league is a far better way of telling how good a side is than a cup. Bilbao beat Man Utd and Chelsea beat Barca. To be the best in Europe you have to do a league and champions league double as a minimum requirement, otherwise it's disputable.
  • Options
    Interestingly if Madrid win their last two games (and they against teams 15th and 7th in the table) they will have more points than any other team has achieved since 1999 (the earliest I could find quickly). They have (according to Sky) already scored more goals in a season than ever before.

As good as Barcelona are Real Madrid have had a fantastic season. Just like the Chelsea side that got 95 points, they have not only finished with more than any other team this season, but they are likely to have more than this current Barcelona team have achieved.

It's all well and good saying Barcelona are better because they play nice football, but breaking records stands up to scrutiny, in my view.